We stayed here on 5 Nov for 5 x nights. Having driven down from the 5* Grand Millenium Hotel in Abu Dhabi to the 5* Radisson Blu, we were a little disappointed. I suspect the bottom line is the the Abu Dhabi hotel was a business hotel whereas the Radisson was holiday/family based hence the reason we saw a difference in standards....although their Reception and breakfast area is very impressive, (we were told they are in a phase of renovating this hotel). First room offered had a bad smell of cigarette smoke and give the hotel 100% credit, they offered us another room, but due to high capacity the room we were given was less superior but did not have the 'smell'. Their rooms have a fantastic walk-in dressing area which leads into a bathroom - our 2nd room had a very small white MDF wardrobe with drawers that fell out, a hairdryer on the wall in the lobby and no mirror! How was one supposed to dry their hair!! None of their safes re fixed to anything... However we did not want to waste anymore time on moving so stayed put. It is very unfortunate that the rooms do not have balconies - although it looks like it could have been achieved. You receive complimentary coffee and tea - once - thereafter everything is 40p to replace! We tried breakfast on first morning, again on comparison to our first hotel, service was poor, no dishes cleared off tables, coffee pot already on table - coffee was lukewarm. Breakfast was lukewarm to cold. So instead of paying £13.50 each morning, we elected to have a lovely hot coffee and toast from the pool bar after 0900 hrs from one of the best members of staff we encountered at the hotel. If you are not down at the beach before 0800 hrs - forget about bagging a sunbed - all you see is loads of empty sunbeds with blue towels on!!! How annoying and the hotel doesn't seem to do anything about this. On the plus side, the hotel run several buses daily into Dubai and to Sharjah Mall - on a first come, first serve basis. They have a 24/7 coffee area within Reception where they service delicious cakes and fantastic, cheery and welcoming staff. One downside to staying at Sharjah was several taxi drivers in Dubai refused to take us back to Sharjah - too far for them to make it worth their while, same I believe for taxis from Sharjah taking you into Dubai - but this hotel offer a taxi service which we used and again, the drivers were nice and cheerful.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort Sharjah Hotel
- Radisson Blu Resort Sharjah Hotel Sharjah
- Radisson Sharjah
- Sharjah Radisson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing majestically along the lovely white-sand beaches of the Arabian Gulf, the five-star Radisson Blu Resort, Sharjah-United Arab Emirates is ideally close to both Sharjah's historic gems and the shopping paradise of Dubai. This elegant resort makes an ideal destination for business and leisure travellers, with 306 sumptuous rooms, suites and poolside cabanas, stunning on-site restaurants and impressive meeting rooms. As a premier Sharjah hotel, the resort also boasts temperature-controlled swimming pools, a private beach and lagoon, a beach club and a fitness centre.The resort is within a 25-minute drive of the Sharjah International Airport and the Dubai International Airport.Radisson Blu resort features 306 rooms and suites, including 20 poolside cabanas, with ample amenities like 24-hour room service, Free high-speed Internet access, an in-room safe and mini bar.Dining options at the resort’s four cafés and restaurants range from splendid buffets to authentic Chinese favourites.The resort’s extensive banquet facilities can accommodate a conference or other event for up to 800 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Radisson Blu Resort Sharjah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.