Directly in the centre of the city, the hotel offers a good basis for exploring Sharjah, VAE. The taxi from Dubai airport costs between 60 and 110 Dhs, depending on the traffic.
The facility offers excellent rooms, a good breakfast buffet, a second floor swimming pool, a fitness room with trainer, excellent service and very friendly personal. The main road through the city is usually very busy but the noise is not so loud that it can be heard in the rooms. The hotel was a business hotel the last time we visited it, however, it now appears to be a popular accommodation for Russian tourist groups. It is better to avoid the breakfast buffet between 7.30 and 8.30 am as the Russian tourist groups block the area, prior to taking the free shuttle bus to the beach at the Coral Beach Hotel (35 Dhs/day). Other complimentary shuttle services are to the Dubai Mall, Sahara Mall, Mega Mall-Sharjah, Dubai Deira City Centre, Sharjah City Centre Mall. The Wifi/Internet is not complimentary (40 Dhs/day) and is not particularly fast.
When you arrive, ask about a room upgrade because this may be available. We booked a package which included breakfast. Evening meals are offered but we preferred to eat in Sharjah.
Recommended places to visit:
1. Sharjah Art Museum (free, 10 am to 5 pm) – excellent lithographs from David Roberts, paintings from Ludwig Deutsch and Ferencz Eisenhut that have to be seen to be believed.
2. Sharjah Aquarium and Maritime Museum (Adult 20 Dhs, open from 8 am to 8 pm) – Very impressive and a great place for an afternoon, especially with children.
3. The Heritage area with a very good museum area and explanations about the development of Sharjah.
4. The material souk and surrounding shops (Al Ghuwair) for silk and everything imaginable to do with textiles.
5. Jet skiing at Al Mamzar - Great fun.
Recommended places to eat
1. Omar Al Khayam Restaurant, Al Orooba St. Near Lulu Centre – excellent lamb and service, directly on the main road with lots of people passing the window (approx. 30 Dhs/pers).
2. Uttam Restaurant, near Sharjah Cinema, behind Al Mansoor Video – Vegetarian food. The restaurant does not look very inspiring but the food is excellent, very tasty and not expensive (15 Dhs/pers.)
High up for teh views and away from the road.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dear Valued Guest,
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for choosing the Sharjah Rotana again for your recent visit in Sharjah, and for taking time to share a detailed and constructive review of our hotel, and of the city.
We are delighted to receive your kind remarks about our rooms, buffet breakfast, and friendly colleagues. This has been shared with our entire team who are happy and more motivated to know that their hard work and enthusiam have been commended.
We thank you once again for your valuable comments, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at our hotel.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.