“Good rooms...OK service....but Hilton is coming!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Sharjah

Save Saved
You added Hilton Sharjah to your Saves list
Hilton Sharjah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Buhaira Corniche Road | 3930, Sharjah 3930, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale From AED 268
Ranked #1 of 73 hotels in Sharjah
Woking, United Kingdom
“Good rooms...OK service....but Hilton is coming!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Hilton are taking over this hotel in July....so you can feel the changes coming! I was there for 3 months...and though the breakfast is boringe everyday...its the standard Hilton one. The restaurants are closed....and should re-open soon.

Great location opposite the corniche.
Gym and sauna is excellent...and hardly used.

Service is ok...some of the front office could be more helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a corniche facing room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
CABH_GM, General Manager at Hilton Sharjah, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear MJA Duhra,

Many thanks indeed for your recent feedback on our hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments on our elevation towards Hilton quality, good rooms, service and excellent Gym and Sauna. We appreciate these opinions and please rest assured that I will relay these to the Team Members concerned.

Regarding breakfast and Front Desk helpfulness, we strive to enhance our service and the products we provide everyday and these observations will certainly assist us in our quality programs and training.

Meanwhile, we look forward to being of service to you once again, should your travels ever have you return to Sharjah.

281 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

The room I stayed in had old furniture and carpets and seems to be long overdue for a refurbish. I was given a deluxe or a suite with two rooms and bathrooms (didn't really care), but it didn't have a modern hotel feel to it.

Location is good and the view is nice as well. Hotel staff was nice and courteous as well.

I was there for one night only due to a business trip and got in late with an early morning conference and wanted one shirt pressed, however, I was told by the staff that they do not have their own laundry and the external laundery service they use will not open till 9 AM and my shirt cannot be returned before 10 as a result. Generally, at hotels they can get something to you quick by 8 if you arrive late in the night.

I was surprised and when I asked to speak to the duty manager I was told that he doesn't come in till 8 in the morning.

I had a very limited experience of one night only so can't comment more. Will avoid in future.

Room Tip: Get a view of corniche. Probably the only pro for this hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear JaziJia,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel.

Firstly, it was encouraging to read of your satisfaction with our location and your comments on our “nice and courteous staff”.

Addressing the other points, we are currently upgrading our laundry service, night management, beds, as well as many other as aspect of the hotel as we convert to Hilton Sharjah later this year.

Meanwhile we would certainly hope that you might still consider staying with us again, should you ever be visiting Sharjah again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Just returned from an 8 night stay at the hotel, was an excellent stay from start to finish. The hotel is perfectly located between Sharjah and Dubai on a beautiful lake, and as we had a lagoon facing room, was a pleasure to gaze upon the open areas at any point of time. The room we had was in an excellent condition, clean and smelling fresh. The bathroom was also clean and well appointed. Taxis are cheap and plentiful from the hotel, on a good day you can get to Dubai airport in 20 minutes. I would highly reccomment the new Al Majaz entertainment area which is a pleasant ten minute walk away providing lots of open green spaces, kids park and resturants. Al Qasba area is also great where you can find pleanty of places to eat and drink and also take a boat ride out into the lake and even better, Dubai is on your doorstep with all its attractions. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a lagoon facing roon
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
CABH_GM, General Manager at Hilton Sharjah, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your commendations on our hotel and its team.

It is always a pleasure to receive such feedback and please rest assured that these comments will be relayed to the Team Members in question.

Needless to say, we would always look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel should you ever find yourself in Sharjah.

Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed here several times on business. Good facilities and friendly staff. Nice location on the Buhaira Cornice and close to the Kasba. Good gym and two pools. Rooms well appointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lagoon. Rear rooms will hear the call to prayer between 5am and 6am every...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
CABH_GM, General Manager at Hilton Sharjah, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Dear Mr Russell,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Corniche Al Buhaira Hotel during your recent stay in Sharjah and moreover for taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel and its team.

Whilst it is gratifying to learn of your satisfaction with the facilities, such as the gym (which has recently been refurbished to Hilton Brand Standards), it is the kind comments regarding the ‘friendly staff’ that we value most, as that is the essence of hospitality which we strive daily to achieve.

Meanwhile we look forward to welcoming you back to Corniche Al Buhaira Hotel in the future.

Daejeon, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012 via mobile

I booked Corniche Al Buhaira from booking.com because the review at the site was pretty good and the Radisson Blue had some seriously bad reviews on Tripadvisor. I made the booking on the day I was going there.

On the whole, the hotel was okay. But it was not up to 5 star standard. First of all, it was not easy to find the hotel when driving. We went around the block several times until recognizing the hotel from one of its pics on the website. There was no sign. Even on the hotel. They said they were preparing a new one as a member of Hilton.

The hotel is pretty standard and the reception was friendly. Even though my booking detail was not there, it didn't take very long. However I booked a club room smoking, but it turns out all the club rooms are nonsmoking and I was checked into a deluxe room.

The room was very standard too. But there were things missing like some tissue, a pair of slippers. there was no wifi in the room but only wired Internet.

I didn't spend much time at the hotel so I don't know much about other facilities. I had breakfast at the hotel. Breakfast buffet was not so bad. Egg scramble was really nice. But breakfast is lacking in variety. No pancake,no omelette, no bacon etc. I wouldn't recommend the breakfast buffet to others.

• Stayed January 2012
CABH_Manager, General Manager at Hilton Sharjah, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Ms SookYoung,

Greetings from Corniche Al Buhaira Hotel, Sharjah.

Thank you for your comments on our hotel posted on TripAdvisor.

Firstly, I do apologise that this response is rather late and thank you for the positive comments regarding our ‘Friendly Reception’ and ‘really nice scrambled eggs’.

However, I was disappointed to learn of your challenges finding our hotel due to the current lack of exterior signage.

As you noted in your comments, we are currently upgrading the property in many respects in order to meet the requirements of a Hilton hotel and this will of course include new exterior signage, Wi-Fi in all rooms and many other Hilton Brand Standards. This work is expected to be completed in Q3 of this year.

Should you ever again decide to stay in Sharjah, please contact me directly and I will ensure that all aspects of your stay are well taken care of.

salzburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

good and convenient location by the lagoon.
comfortable rooms, ours was quite clean as well.
breakfast gets a bit boring, if you stay for a longer period of time.

Room Tip: try to get one at the lagoon side for the good views
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. / Mrs. Chepekun,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Corniche Al Buhaira Hotel during your recent stay in Sharjah and for sharing your comments on our hotel and its team.

As you have correctly identified, we are in the process of rebranding our 5-star hotel according to Hilton Brand Standards and the upgrading process, which is currently underway is expected to be completed in Q3 of this year.

Meanwhile we look forward to the opportunity of being of service to you again in the future should your travels ever take you back to Sharjah.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

I took a Club Room for one night, I paid around 150 Dhs extra to get the benefits of the Club Room, which I found nothing, I should take the normal one, same size and services.
For the Club Lounge, there is no one there, just left boiled water, tea and coffee.
We change our room three times, in order to find the one that we asked for before coming !
When I arrived, I gave my car to Valet Parking, the next day I found a parking Penalty from Sharjah Municipality, since they left my car in the street, without park it on their basement, and all what they did was: we will give you the penalty fees, go and pay it !
For the breakfast, no varieties, normal one.
At the end, this cannot be a 5 Starts Hotel !!!A

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on Khaled Lake View, this is the only Cons of this Hotel, don't miss it !
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Ms Jody_Abot,

Greetings from Corniche Al Buhaira Hotel, Sharjah.

Thank you for your comments on our hotel posted on TripAdvisor.

Firstly, I do apologise that this response is rather late but more importantly, I was disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction with your stay at our hotel.

We are currently upgrading the property in many respects and your comments will certainly help us to achieve this aim.

I was particularly perturbed by the experience that you had with the parking facilities at our hotel and this is being investigated, after which retraining of our Team Members will be conducted.

Should you ever again decide to stay in Sharjah, please contact me directly and I will ensure that all aspects of your stay are taken care of much.

richard.gosling@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Sharjah? Share your experiences!