“A Very Good Choice in Sharjah” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Sharjah

You added Ramada Sharjah to your Saves list
Ramada Sharjah
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Al Nahda Street 115 | opposite Sahara Center, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #2 of 74 Hotels in Sharjah
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“A Very Good Choice in Sharjah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I spent 2 nights at Ramada Sharjah with my family in March. Overall, I would say it is one of the best options in Sharjah for families. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment. The dining area and living room were spacious. The bedroom was not as spacious but still good enough. There are Two large screen TVs in the bedroom and the living room. The kitchen is equipped well. The room has one main toilet with a bath/shower and another small one without a shower. The hotel is quite new, so the furniture is nice. Since the hotel is inside the city, you can not expect a wonderful sea-view. Ours overlooked some buildings, one of which was under construction; however, there was no noise. I assume a room overlooking Sahara Center would be better. The location is quite nice although it is a bit difficult to reach the hotel at first. It is opposite to Sahara Center, one of the best ones in Sharja with children play area. One main road is in between the hotel and the center. However, there is an overpass very close to the entrance to the hotel to take you there with an elevator. My brother told me that the elevator was not working once, but it was fixed later on. I had no issues over the 3 days. It is a close drive to Al Majaz Waterfront and Al Qasba, where you can visit Etisalat Eye of the Emirates (60 meters observation wheel).

I did not go to the pool, but my wife said it was not very big. I did not see the gym neither. The one downside I had was with a bad smell on the floor in which we were staying. The intensity differs from time to time. Once it's very strong, others it is almost gone, then back again. We did not have an issue with that in the room though, as far as you close the door right away. However, I didn't report it during my stay, but on the checkout I was informed that it will be investigated over. I hope that is resolved now. I am not sure if it has to do with the ventilation or some individual behavior.

The hotel has a multi-floors parking building (behind the hotel), but it is a bit narrow. It might be a bit challenging if you have a big car. I had no issues with my Saloon. There is more parking space in front of the hotel and there is an open area nearby which can be used I assume.

We tried the room service and the food was good. They had a selection of juices which tasted very nice. It will certainly be a potential option in my next visits to Sharjah.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Noemi O, Manager at Ramada Sharjah, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for sharing with us and other travellers your experience at Ramada Sharjah.

I was happy to read that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us, and you were satisfied with our services and facilities. Your kind words are highly appreciated and please note that your comments were followed up, as we are striving not only to meet but to exceed our guests` expectations.

Thank you again for your feedback and we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Best regards,

Tamas Fazekas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Sandvika, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We are a couple, 46 years old. we get a good rate for 3 months stay directly from hotel. our stay were excelent and we can advice this hotel for anyone.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Noemi O, Manager at Ramada Sharjah, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay at Ramada Sharjah.

I was pleased to read that you had an excellent stay with us and enjoyed our hospitality, especially that we had the pleasure to have you as our valued guest for 3 months.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and I do hope that you will return to our hotel when your are in the area again.

With best regards,

Lecco, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I spent 4 days in this Hotel.
The room was very nice and big, I was alone but you can stay with 4 people very well. The room was not cleaned very good and they didn't change the towel every day.
The breakfast was not so rich.
I had a dinner in the restaurant at the ground floor and for one soup and a piece of meat (not very good) they spent one hour (the reastaurant was empty).
At the end I can say that the rooms are good but not so clean and the reastaurant is unacceptable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Noemi O, Manager at Ramada Sharjah, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear Sir,

First of all thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Ramada Sharjah.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our rooms, however, I regret to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with our services. Your constructive comments on our Restaurant service is highly apprecitated, as only through comments like yours we are able to improve our services and facilities on a daily basis.
Please rest assured that the overall satisfaction of our guests is of the highest importance to us, therefore we will do our utmost to make sure that we serve you better in the future.

In the hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel,

Sincerely Yours,

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I was there as part of work. The facility is excellent for family or single. The rooms were really great. The staff were cooperative. The restaurent was used basically for the free breakfast. I had dinner from there and the food was great. During breakfast, there was only one girl to serve and it was difficult to get a clean table. She had to do all work. If you like to order something, better give then enough time for preparation. You will not get it just like that.

The hotel rooms are in fact Appartments with kitchen and living room. I enjoyed my stay there. Whenever I travel there, I always stay there. The hotel is away from the busy Dubai, but it is not difficult to reach dubai in reasonable time. The best part is that the Dubai airport is only 10 minutes from the hotel.

When you come back from Dubai, tell the Taxi to drop you to the other side of Sahara Center. Otherwise, the taxi will charge 20 Dirham extra for entering Sharjah emirate. If you cross Sahara Centre by walk, you can reach the hotel in 10 minutes.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
uae
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

Just returned from Ramada Sharjah and overall our stay was fairly pleasant. On the plus side the one-bedroom suite we had was roomy, it was great having a kitchen with all equipment/utensils, etc and an extra WC.

There was a mix up on arrival as we'd requested twin beds through our travel Agent at Value Added Travel. At first the hotel said they'd charge us for an extra bed and as it was 4a.m. by the time our delayed flight got us in, we went ahead, but the next day when we went to follow it up the following morning, the Manager straight away said no charge.
We were on a good B&B package that included transfers provided by the hotel which was really convenient.

It is clearly a new hotel and does benefit from being branded - most others are independent hotels/smaller chains where their star rating is a little dubious. All mod cons with contemporary interior design. Generally very clean, but a little build up of dust behind the doors in each room - they clean with the room door open and don't close it from the inside to clean behind.

The breakfast was an OK choice of continental and cooked - there were different options most days, but if we had one criticism it's that little effort is made to ward off flies; they really should invest in one of those blue light thingies that zaps flies which I know isn't aesthetic to the eye, but isn't worse than seeing flies launching off from the croissant you were just about to choose.

Being located across the road from the Sahara Centre is a real plus too. Every shop you can imagine is there, lots of eating options so we mostly got takeaways to have in the comfort of our room - no dishwasher so less washing up - plus there's an Adventure Land amusement venue on the top floor with lots of rides and games that kept the younger ones very happy.

It isn't that near anything else but offers free transfers to Sharjah City Centre mall (not much different to just going across to the Sahara Centre though). Transfer is a good way to get further into town and take a taxi further to Dubai, but it leaves at 5pm returning at 10pm so no chance for daytime shopping. Sharjah taxi drivers DON'T KNOW dubai so choose a well-known location in dubai and think about getting a dubai taxi driver to get around in Dubai city centre and attractions - one taxi driver got us horribly lost and caused us to miss an appointment we'd made.

The other free shuttle is to the beach of another hotel. Must admit we didn't think it was worth it. Sorry. Shuttle leaves at 9.a.m so no chance of a leisurely wake up and breakfast, the other hotel is only a 3-star and the beach is tiny so was very, very crowded. The beach boys were attentive and helpful though and there's a ramshackle massage parlour which I tried - wouldn't do again however as I had to insist the Thai masseur put a clean sheet on the mattress (which is on the floor) and they blatantly talk/laugh about each of their clients as their massaging. We ended up getting a taxi back to the Ramada as we didn't want to wait for the return shuttle at 2pm. Going to the beach allowed us to spot the Sharjah Aquarium so we took a taxi there the following day and it was well worth the visit - we also walked across to the Marine museum which was interesting, but be warned no real chance of getting a taxi back from outside so we just walked a short way across the car park to the main road and were able to hail one.

There's also an amusement park nearby but only operates in the evenings due to the heat.

The hotels business centre was great - free internet all day so no trouble being able to book return seats on plane online and print boarding pass.

The pool area is indoor, small and not brilliant but is quiet and there are separate saunas (albeit small).

Every single member of the staff were all lovely - not particularly knowledgeable about the area but very, very helpful, polite and they really make an effort on anything to do with our stay. You have to ask for the robes/slippers and they're so keen we ended up getting two lots! Whenever we needed anything (Iron, etc, it came quickly). We'd single out the Manager (didn't get his name), Sameh and his colleagues on reception and Vinod in the restaurant.

If I'm honest didn't feel it was in the same 5* category of some of the well-established resort hotels, as there's the one restaurant, etc but that wouldn't put us off going again as the standard of what they do provide is at the higher end of the 4+ scale.

In the past we've stayed in several Dubai city centre hotels or the resorts of Ajman Kempinski or Jebel Ali golf resort & spa. Those would be our first choices to be nearer to attractions or have greater choices of dining, etc but it was welcoming and comfortable and we were sad to be leaving so if we were returning to Sharjah we'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Only few twin rooms so get confirmation B4 arrival