“Beautiful Hotel, Wonderful holiday - But Needs to Define All Inclusive!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Al Mareed Street | PO Box 12298, Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale From AED 402
Ranked #3 of 25 hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
London
“Beautiful Hotel, Wonderful holiday - But Needs to Define All Inclusive!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

First off, let me start by assuring you that if you have booked or are thinking of booking up a holiday here then you won't be disappointed!
This is wonderful hotel and upon arrival we were shocked at how big it was. Luckily we were one of the first off the coach and quick to check-in. While checking in we were given the option to upgrade our room to a private beach chalet (that comes with access to a private part of the beach that only those staying in the chalets can go on) we were offered this at £44 a night instead of the usual £260 per night that it should be, we Hilton Honours members and wondered if we were given a preferential rate. Before we confirmed whether we wanted the upgrade, they said we could visit it - we did and we immediately saw what a fantastic deal this was!
We loved our beach chalet - the bed was huge, we had 2 big flat screen TVs (with limited English TV channels) a lovely big bathroom with his and her sinks, our own sitting room and lovely big balcony to sit on and overlook the sea. If you are offered the upgrade it is definitely worth paying for!
The food here is lovely, there is always plenty of fresh food and freshly cooked food for breakfast, lunch, dinner and the staff are so friendly and are very attentive for drinks and any requests you have. I am quite particular about certain foods and I felt the quality was really high. Not once did we feel like we had to tip or that it was expected either.
The only complaint about the holiday that I have is that all the a la carte restaurants were not included in the All Inclusive package - this I did not know. We were told that everyday we would have a 70dhs (per person) discount in the restaurant (and all drinks were included) but that if the food went over this limit we would need to pay - and not only this but they would add on service charge too! This is not all inclusive in my eyes. Although we were warned by our rep in advance of this I was really disappointed that all inclusive didn't mean all inclusive here - we'd paid over £1200 each to stay here for a week!! I think this is something that needs to be reviewed as it is the one thing that is off-putting to many, to believe you've gotten there and you don't have to pay a thing/worry about money when in fact you do. The food and service was lovely in these restaurants but we had to watch the cash a bit which was annoying. We then had to wait for the bill and it sort of ruined that 'all inclusive feel' a bit. Another thing is that not all drinks were included! For instance I could order a pina colada but not a mojito. When my boyfriend asked for G&T he couldn't have Gordon's gin unless he paid for it. I feel strongly about this - hence my waffle!
A warning for ladies: Dubai has a policy of covering up your arms and shoulders (especially in public) I have quite a few dresses just above the knee and it was a little frustrating to be told this upon arrival when I'd already packed my clothes for the week! The hotel isn't massively strict on this though (from what I noticed) but if going out in public then I would strongly advise you adhere to the dress code.
This hotel has a fantastic selection of water sports on offer (you have to pay) and aside from a few niggles mentioned; we had a wonderful week here.
We did 2 excursions:
Atlantis the Palm's Aqua adventure and Lost Chambers Aquarium (all in one) it was costly for the day (esp. as we ended up having to pay for private transfers on top - but very worth it as it turned out) this isn't just a water park for kids - we had such a fantastic day out that I recommend to all.
We also did the Dubai City Sight-seeing tour (we paid extra to have our own private driver - again very worth it!) and we told our driver what we wanted to see and at what times and he told us what was the best way of doing it. We booked up to go to Burj Khalifia (tallest building in the world) but I recommend you do this later as at 7pm it was crowded! We also had a 3 course dinner at Burj al Arab (hotel shaped like a ship) and had the most amazing meal. Dubai Mall is also amazing! A really lovely way to spend the afternoon as it has an aquarium, ice rink, rollercoaster, over 1500 shops - I could go on!
Massive praise to our rep Jimmy who was great in helping us book all of our excursions without complaint!
Overall this is a wonderful hotel, and we had an amazing week here - but I won't be coming back until it is 100% all inclusive!!

Room Tip: Become a Hilton honours member in advance (you can do this for free online) it allows you to get a l...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Vicki52,

Thank you for sharing this very kind and thorough review about your recent experience at Hilton Ras al Khaimah Resort & Spa with the TripAdvisor community.

We are delighted to read the positive comments pertaining to the flawless check-in process, your room features, the quality of food, the friendliness and efficiency of our team and our water sport centre.

Our sole focus is to provide a flawless and excellent service to our valued guests, and to contribute towards a memorable stay at the Hilton RAK Resort & Spa. Therefore we are thrilled to learn that you have enjoyed every minute with us.

I have reviewed your comments about the all inclusive package and benefits. I would recommend you as well as our future guests to go through all benefits when they book their holidays with their travel agency as our Resort offers different packages such as All Inclusive or Premium All Inclusive. Our All Inclusive Guests can enjoy our speciality restaurants where a special food discount is applied per person while our 4 a la carte restaurants are included in our Premium Package.

Your kind review has been shared with everyone here at the Resort and we are all looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to U.A.E.

Warmest Regards.

2,204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed for 2 days in Nov 2012 and enjoyed every moment of my business trip recently. All the staff at this resort are very very helpful, and they are all extremely pleasant. I wanna come back to this hotel for all my future visits .Worth for Business and personal trips !!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Trotterin,

Thank you very much for such a delightful review. In a few words you said so much. It is very kind of you to recognize our team members which will create many smiles here.

We wish all your future holidays to be as enjoyable for you.

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have spent 2 days at Hilton resort to spend my first anniversary, it was a wonderful experience, really enjoyed the beach, spa, food and overall service. The whole staff was very friendly, our anniversary dinner was at Passage To Asia, there the Restaurant manager Ashvin did things outta his way to arrange amazing candle light dinner. Also Mr. Saquib from house-keeping was very welcoming and helpful. He showed us around and made us feel really comfortable there, didnt seem like it was a new place to us. Wouldn't mind going back again next year for our next anniversary.

Room Tip: Go for it, just the service charges to room are pretty high compared to other hotels in UAE, and ya...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear HumairHameed,

We are very proud that you have chosen us to celebrate your 1st Anniversary. Thanks for your kind comments about your stay with us.

As you have so well written, you express your joy of participating in many facets of what we have to offer. It is very kind of you, taking the time, in letting us know.

I am truly happy to read that you are planning your next visit to Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa. My team and myself are looking forward to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Kindest regards.
falkirk scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful holiday at Hilton resort & spa RAK. All the staff at this resort are very very helpful, and they are all extremely pleasant. 3 in particular stood out. Jimmy the virgin rep. was very helpful and efficient. My wife is a very fussy eater, chef Neeraj attended to her requests efficiently. Mahmoud at the Sunset bar is more than helpful, he goes out of his way to help everyone. I witnessed him dealing with two separate guests, one Russian and one Italian who seemed to be upset, he dealt with the matter very efficiently and they both left smiling. In my opinion he is a great asset to the hotel.
This is an excellent value for money hotel compared to Dubai.
We will be back soon.

Dear Robert h,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind comments on tripadvisor with regards to your recent stay at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa.

I will personally relay your feedback to the team who will be glad to know that his efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay. Your comments, as "we will return" will give the team more motivation to be better ever, thank you for the time taken to write your wonderful words in Tripadvisor.

I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton resort for nine nights in early November. We wanted a beach, a pool and a good choice of restaurants and we got everything we wanted. Travelling with Virgin, we upgraded to the larger club room, took advantage of their free shuttle in to Dubai to visit the Burj Khalifa which was an amazing experience and also did the dhow cruise on the Musandam Peninsula: bit of a cramped journey but the cruise, food, swim stops and the dolphins made it very worthwhile.

The room when we arrived did smell a bit musty, but guest services, who phoned us shortly after arrival did offer to move us immediately. We opted to stay and whilst the smell didn't disappear entirely, it certainly didn't spoil things. The bed was comfortable and the room was a great size. We did have a bit of running saga getting our daily newspaper and occasionally, we had a towel shortage, but all we had to do was pick up the phone and within five minutes we were straight. You might say you shouldn't have to do this, but these things do happen and they really didn't merit getting annoyed about.

The club room gave us (amongst other things) complimentary massages in the spa, a sparkling breakfast which was expansive to say the least and the reserved sun loungers which we really appreciated. I didn't see any real shortages of beds but the resort does get busy at weekends and the staff did seem to spend a lot of time moving beds from the shade around the pool into the sun on those days.

As a couple, we don't tend to eat or drink much other than water during the day. So we stayed room and breakfast and paid for drinks and an evening meal. A sundowner, drinks before dinner, seven nights a la carte and two nights buffet still came in at under the all inclusive deal: it suited us very well and the food in all of the restaurants was good - we enjoyed the Italian and Pura Vida particularly and the chef in the latter was so pleased to be asked to cook a blue steak, he came out to enthuse with us as it isn't something he got to do very often.

The staff were always cheerful and friendly - they didn't get it right on every occasion but nothing was a problem to fix. The service overall in all of the restaurants was good, even at breakfast when it was really busy and each venue had a good atmosphere.

For a sunshine holiday in November with something for everyone, the Hilton proved to be a good choice and I would both return and recommend.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear BinkyBoo6,

We certainly appreciate you taking your time to let us know what a great holiday you had here with us.

As we read, you virtually enjoyed each and every amenity we offer. In order to provide this atmosphere it is most important to have your constructive feedback which is very valuable for us to know. Your comments are so detailed and I thank you again for taking your time to give your fantastic feedback to us. I have already conveyed your feedback to the team who will be glad to know that his efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay. Certainly we can see some areas of improvement and your valued feedback will help us to make it even better.

Munich, Bayern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Hello,
my wife and I stayed at the RAK Hilton resort & spa in October for 10 days. All in all a wonderful time: the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, made the stay very pleasant. The hotel restaurants are very very good. If you love meat you have to see the steak house. Next to it a very good (!) Asian restaurant. The Italian restaurant overlooking the pool from the balcony is a must!

We loved the huge number of pools! You don't know where to swim first. The sea is very nice, too, with lots of things offered by the beach club.

I can fully recommend to stay in this resort - we definitely consider to come back!

:-)

Room Tip: Sea view is a must !!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Marcus S,

How pleasing it is to read your well written accolades of our resort, our team members and your overall enjoyment you and your wife had being here with us.

You pointed out a number of key features of the property, thanks for your positive comments about the outdoor facilities, our different restaurants and the quality of food in our a la carte outlets.

We kindly send you our most appreciative thank you. May all your future travels be as joyous and we certainly will look forward to your return visit.

Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

What a lovely place if you are looking for a sunny time by the sea. Very friendly staff all over the place. Being an owner at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club program we were very happy that we could pay with points and money. We were sorry to discover upon arrival that only the room was included in our booking, no breakfast etc... The hotel was not to blame for this, but never the less they gave us a fine discount on the breakfast and upgraded us a no cost :-) HILTON needs to value their points better, the famous breakfast has to be included otherwise points are not worth the money (breakfast app. 35 us dollars pp.per day ) Especially when you learn that other guests at the hotel got a much better deal through their travel agency. Being a silver and HGVC member at the Hilton should mean something,but certainly not that you have to pay more than a Virgin traveller from England.
And off course the fact, that you have to pay for the Internet. You have to change that now. After our 5 night stay at hilton we stayed 4 nights at the Sheraton in Dubai and guess what... Free internet... It should have been 5 stars from me, but the member thing and the internet :( Never the less we consider to return...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Simonsfar,

Thank you very much for your feedback further to your stay at the Hilton Ras Al Khaihmah Resort & Spa.

We understand the significance of family holiday and are delighted that we were able to fulfill all your needs travel during your stay and contribute to your family holiday memories.

I have taken note of your comment about your privilege as owner at the HGVC and will taking it up to our Corporate Office for their information as it cannot be handle by our property.

Regarding your comments about internet, as previously mentioned on my different answers, our company is working on a global deal to offer a free wireless connection in all public areas by next year.

We are looking forward to welcome you and your family again at the resort in the nearest future.

Kind regards.

Been to Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!