First off, let me start by assuring you that if you have booked or are thinking of booking up a holiday here then you won't be disappointed!
This is wonderful hotel and upon arrival we were shocked at how big it was. Luckily we were one of the first off the coach and quick to check-in. While checking in we were given the option to upgrade our room to a private beach chalet (that comes with access to a private part of the beach that only those staying in the chalets can go on) we were offered this at £44 a night instead of the usual £260 per night that it should be, we Hilton Honours members and wondered if we were given a preferential rate. Before we confirmed whether we wanted the upgrade, they said we could visit it - we did and we immediately saw what a fantastic deal this was!
We loved our beach chalet - the bed was huge, we had 2 big flat screen TVs (with limited English TV channels) a lovely big bathroom with his and her sinks, our own sitting room and lovely big balcony to sit on and overlook the sea. If you are offered the upgrade it is definitely worth paying for!
The food here is lovely, there is always plenty of fresh food and freshly cooked food for breakfast, lunch, dinner and the staff are so friendly and are very attentive for drinks and any requests you have. I am quite particular about certain foods and I felt the quality was really high. Not once did we feel like we had to tip or that it was expected either.
The only complaint about the holiday that I have is that all the a la carte restaurants were not included in the All Inclusive package - this I did not know. We were told that everyday we would have a 70dhs (per person) discount in the restaurant (and all drinks were included) but that if the food went over this limit we would need to pay - and not only this but they would add on service charge too! This is not all inclusive in my eyes. Although we were warned by our rep in advance of this I was really disappointed that all inclusive didn't mean all inclusive here - we'd paid over £1200 each to stay here for a week!! I think this is something that needs to be reviewed as it is the one thing that is off-putting to many, to believe you've gotten there and you don't have to pay a thing/worry about money when in fact you do. The food and service was lovely in these restaurants but we had to watch the cash a bit which was annoying. We then had to wait for the bill and it sort of ruined that 'all inclusive feel' a bit. Another thing is that not all drinks were included! For instance I could order a pina colada but not a mojito. When my boyfriend asked for G&T he couldn't have Gordon's gin unless he paid for it. I feel strongly about this - hence my waffle!
A warning for ladies: Dubai has a policy of covering up your arms and shoulders (especially in public) I have quite a few dresses just above the knee and it was a little frustrating to be told this upon arrival when I'd already packed my clothes for the week! The hotel isn't massively strict on this though (from what I noticed) but if going out in public then I would strongly advise you adhere to the dress code.
This hotel has a fantastic selection of water sports on offer (you have to pay) and aside from a few niggles mentioned; we had a wonderful week here.
We did 2 excursions:
Atlantis the Palm's Aqua adventure and Lost Chambers Aquarium (all in one) it was costly for the day (esp. as we ended up having to pay for private transfers on top - but very worth it as it turned out) this isn't just a water park for kids - we had such a fantastic day out that I recommend to all.
We also did the Dubai City Sight-seeing tour (we paid extra to have our own private driver - again very worth it!) and we told our driver what we wanted to see and at what times and he told us what was the best way of doing it. We booked up to go to Burj Khalifia (tallest building in the world) but I recommend you do this later as at 7pm it was crowded! We also had a 3 course dinner at Burj al Arab (hotel shaped like a ship) and had the most amazing meal. Dubai Mall is also amazing! A really lovely way to spend the afternoon as it has an aquarium, ice rink, rollercoaster, over 1500 shops - I could go on!
Massive praise to our rep Jimmy who was great in helping us book all of our excursions without complaint!
Overall this is a wonderful hotel, and we had an amazing week here - but I won't be coming back until it is 100% all inclusive!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 50 minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 Guestrooms in Villas and 324 Guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 13 Restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt from choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for a Starbucks coffee, or swim up to the pool bar Sunset Bar before grabbing a bbq lunch at Al Bahar with an underwater view. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in 6 Degrees bar, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida, Sushi in Passage to Asia or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, bar hop your way around the resort, from the classic X.O bar serving cognac and vintage ports to Espirit for trendy cocktails and a live DJ. Leisure: The Spa features hamams, jacuzzis, saunas, and treatment tents on the beach. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing and sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and 2 shaded pools for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms will keep the children busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Agoda, Despegar.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton