The hotel is very new (has just opened), and has a great building with excellent rooms (just look at their website). The sand beach is very beautiful.
However, the hotel lacks cleanliness and food is just mediocre. At these prices and at the expectation level of a luxury 5*+ resort this is just not acceptable.
* At breakfast at the terrace, they didn’t clean away the used food, so birds came to the unoccupied tables and ate there. The personnel held the new tea cups at the top, so one has to drink exactly where the personnel touched the cup. Nobody bothered to clean away the crumbs from the chairs; you had to clean them yourself after being led to a table. And the floor wasn’t cleaned often enough, there were breadcrumbs and bird feathers lying around.
* The Bed linen had stains once
* The cabanas at the beach are very nice, but most were not cleaned during the week of our stay, so there were quite some bird droppings around and sand all over.
* The food is quite expensive, but the quality is lacking. Breakfast is ok, but has nothing really good or special. The buffet restaurant has nice desserts, but the meals are not good, the turkey we ate there was very dry. The beach restaurant is mostly not good, much of the food isn’t even hot (though I can recommend the cheese cake). The Marjan Arab restaurant has at least style and food is better than all other restaurant, but still can’t reach the standard of any fine Arab restaurant e.g. in Istanbul. There is little selection for food, because the menu doesn’t change at all – I would very much appreciate a menu of the day.
And a few more complaints
* There are sometimes stingrays on the beach which are very painful when they sting. I don’t complain about this fact – the sea is a part of nature – but at least there should be some warning! If not for the internet, I wouldn’t have known this.
* You get free water at the beach – but not every time, sometimes the personnel forget to come around.
* At the fitness center, we saw nobody cleaning the sport equipment between use; there were no disinfecting towels either.
* Any half-decent hotel has an information folder about available restaurants, opening and check-in/out times etc. We got no such folder
Nevertheless we enjoyed our holidays – but the level of service and food is more like a 3 to 4 star all inclusive club. Maybe that is the local standards – the local residents came in quite some numbers every weekend.
We are very sad about this experience at the hotel – because they have an excellent building, great location, many personnel – they just need better management and better cooks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by the palaces of the Arabian Peninsula, Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, ideally located 50 minutes from Dubai International Airport, will bring the legendary true Waldorf service to one of the most alluring beach front locations in the Middle East. An 18 hole championship golf course and a 350 metre private beach are set against the blue water of the Arabian Sea. The Waldorf Astoria Ras al Khaimah, will be a true luxury resort. The setting of this magnificent hotel will be matched by the unparalleled facilities with its stylish dining and entertainment venues, sophisticated conference and event facilities and its luxurious spa experiences available to guests. The 346 deluxe rooms and suites reflect the palatial surroundings and offer the luxuries of space and tranquillity. Each room extends over at least 72 square metres and offers panoramic views of the Arabian Sea, championship golf course and the impressive Al Hajjar Mountains on the horizon.Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah is home to ten bespoke restaurants and bars, offering an exclusive range of dining and entertainment experiences to suit every mood and flavour. From signature restaurants with succulent steaks and grills at the US steakhouse Lexington Grill, Japanese cuisine with sushi and teppanyaki at UMI, Middle Eastern flavours at Marjan and international dining experiences at Qasr Al Bahar to open air pool and beach side restaurants, elegant tea and coffee lounges serving light meals and traditional high tea and the vibrant night club, 17squared, on the 17th floor. A place of relaxation and restoration; the hotel's spa will offer signature treatments combined with exceptional care to create a place where guests can surrender and restore personal well-being. The gymnasium will feature an extensive range of Technogym equipment as well as a whirlpool and a sauna. Guests can relax in the two outdoor chilled pools and one the 350 meter white sandy beach. Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah offers a unique and timeless setting for gatherings and events of all descriptions. With the personalized service by dedicated event team this luxury property is the perfect location to host spectacular private celebrations, corporate conferences, team building activities, intimate beach weddings, cocktail parties, product launches and executive meetings. The hotel features a VIP arrival hall and multiple pre-function spaces, making it a spectacular venue for weddings, galas and high end corporate events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.