You added Mangrove Hotel by Bin Majid Hotels & Resort to your Saves list
Mangrove Hotel by Bin Majid Hotels & Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Corniche Hall - Al Khor Road, Ras Al Khaimah 2035, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

From the moment you arrive, you experience excellent customer service and a friendly welcoming attitude by all staff.
The rooms and bathrooms are very spacious, well furnished and clean.
Chinese restaurant is well worth a visit

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We just wanted a cheap room for the night, and this one came up. Great location next to mangroves for the view and walking, whilst behind the building is the old town, and then the sea. Central to anywhere in RAK. The hotel itself was modern and comfortable, staff helpful and friendly. The Chinese restaurant - wow!! The food was great.
Only downside was our room was on the side and the next building had noisy A/C units. But then the bed was so comfy it didn't keep me awake.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times and to be honest I had found it a very good hotel up until now. Two weeks ago, I stayed in the hotel and had my i pad stolen. I phoned and waited but no one bothered to call me back. I called again and was told that my complaint was noted. Eventually I had to travel down from Dubai to see someone. When I got there I spoke to the manager on duty who promised me the General Manager would call be the following day between 12 and 6 but of course no call. I just want to let people know 2 things. The i pad was 100% stolen and in my opinion the hotel did little or nothing about it. The management never returned my calls and just thought I would go away. Please do not stay in this hotel as Im positive the thief is still working there. Further more, the management have proved how little they care about their customers.
Thank you.

Room Tip: Dont leave anything in the rooms!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We booked to stay here as my husband was playing in a golf tournament
The Mangrove is quite near the Tower Links. Check in was fine butthey did ask me for AED 300 in cash as a deposit. As I had already booked on line and given them my credit card details I was suspicious! I didn't have the amount in cash anyway. The receptionist said no problem. So I thought no more about it! They were very full and upgraded us to an exec room as we had booked the basic as only there for one night. The room was enormous and you could have put another bed in the bathroom it was so vast! Everything was extremely clean and it all worked perfectly with lots of hot water. The a/c was set at 18 degrees, and try I might I couldn't re set it. The bellboy tried but it made no difference . In the end I switched the whole thing off. As it was so cold in the room we were perfectly comfortable all night.
We had dinner in the Chinese Restaurant in the hotel. I don't think the chef was Chinese and it was a bit hit or miss. The soups were fine but avoid the Szechuan beef it was tough and low quality meat. However, they had a very nice French house wine which was unbelievably cheap for this part of the world. Far better to go in here and have a bottle of wine and some snacks rather than go to the Polo bar which was an appalling smoke laden hole at the end of a passage, decorated with a huge tv screen with the volume on max! However, at the end of dinner I found out out about the dhs 300 request! We tried to put our bill on our room and were told that reception said we had no credit. My other half did not take this very well and we were able to put it on in the end after a heated discussion! When we went and asked at reception what it was all about they said they ask for this deposit in cash against mini bar, meals etc rather than put a stop on your credit card. Very nice idea but actually not very convenient!
There is a swimming pool area which looked nice if a bit small, an all day dining restaurant, shisha cafe and a coffee shop.
All the staff were very friendly and tried very hard to please.
I would not choose to go on holiday here but it is a nice hotel if you need to spend a couple of nights in RAK and don't want to spend a fortune.
One of the reviews mentioned parking problems, there are none now. Drive up to the front door and valet park, which is free for residents.

Room Tip: Great views of both the sea and the mangrove lagoon from high floors. We were on 16th
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I booked the mangrove hotel as I was participating in the RAK half marathon and I just wanted a clean bed to sleep the night before. I was very surprised with the hotel for the following reasons:
- very very good rate
- excellent location (close to the starting point and right opposite the creek)
- very spacious rooms, you have a large living room and a spacious bedroom
- flexibility, we had to leave by 6 and breakfast started at 6:30 so they moved it to 5:30 so all runners could benefit
Would definitely stay there again next year!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

As we checked in we got upgraded to a beautiful big spacious room over looking the swimming pool. The service was perfect and the the staff was so friendly and helpful. We had two or three restaurants to choose from and tried them all with impressing me. Will recommend it to everybody. Thank you

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This must be one of the smartest hotels "on the strip", and always busy as a consequence. The room was great and the room service fine but the manager of the front desk was a disaster - shouting and screaming at his staff, surveyor of everything bad in this hotel and generally incapable of sorting anything out. The breakfast is varied and fine, though the best bit is watching the clash of cultures between over dressed locals and under dressed foreigners - as best exhibited by the Russian and Philippino staff. The parking is a nightmare, given the forecourt is small and full of over sized 4wds but there is usually parking around a corner, 500 metres away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Mangrove Hotel by Bin Majid Hotels & Resort? Share your experiences!