“RAK Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ras Al Khaimah Hotel

You added Ras Al Khaimah Hotel to your Saves list
Ras Al Khaimah Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Khozam street | PO Box 37755, Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
“RAK Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Old hotel, facilities refurbishing only on main areas. Rooms need to be updated. Service is OK. Staff is friendly. Breakfast needs to be improved lack of variety and low quality food. Outside facilities look nice. Great location.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is undergoing renovations, which despite the disruption is a good thing - it's an old hotel with 1970s green and brown decor. It's clean and comfortable and they've done well keeping it all going but really needs a thorough redo of the rooms in order to be anything approaching competitive with all the new resorts and hotels opening in the area.

The breakfast particularly needs attention. It's two star.
On the bright side, the facilities are very good, and the wifi is free and fast. I'd go back - it's good for the price and we did sleep well.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Check in was quick. Hotel looks big but not really. Lift is tiny. Rooms are alright. Bathroom was average. Pool side is not as what was shown on a hotel booking website. Plenty of parking place. Night entertainment was all Arabic music and Sheesha. Not as expected as it looked.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

its value to what you pay at the end . Stayed in the hotel once me and my wife and it was a deal through Groupon. I went there and I have to argue my booking which was confirmed . Called up the hotel but was told voucher not required, When reached at hote I was not given any room and being asked money to get the room. They have to discuss with the reservation which took them for more than 1 hour to rectify the issue . the hotel is very old one and had shisha place with entertainment , the buffet is very limited and I am sure its value to what you pay . they have an Asian restaurant which was empty at dinner time . The room furniture's and amenities look very old however it has very nice pool with terrace . Never ever in my life will go back to the same hotel..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

This is an older hotel but it's in a good location and is priced very reasonably. I don't think anyone can complain about value for money as it was. Although the room was old it was very clean and the staff were outstanding. My only complaint would be that we asked for a quiet room as we were extremely tired; they put us at the back of the hotel but unfortunately forgot there was a local wedding going on that same evening - it was extremely noisy and we'd have been better at the front. It did stop not long after 11 which wasn't too bad and the staff did offer to move us but by then we had unpacked and didn't want to bother so there wasn't much more they could have done. The shower was a bit downmarket as the water pressure was not great but I would stay there again. It's well situated and does have a very Arabic feel about it more so than some of the more modern ones.

Room Tip: If staying on a weekend, ask for the front of the hotel as if there is a local wedding the noise (lo...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014

Stayed in the hotel twice. Both the time it was a deal through Groupon.

The first time it was kind of harrasing. Booked the groupon deal but voucher did not come. Called up the hotel but was told voucher not required, if u give the booking code then thats enough. Got the code from groupon and booked the room in hotel. When reached at hote I was not given any room and being asked money to get the room. The guy in the reception was so rude that he did not want to listen anything. Thanks a lot to the Indian manager who helped us to get the room after two hours of arguement with the receptionist.

My bad luck it was the same guy at the reception. This time he gave us the room but with two single beds with no option to joint those beds. We are a family of 3. He did not bother to listen to our problem. Finally he agreed to arrange for one extra mattress and we had to manage with that.

Never ever in my life will go back to the same hotel..

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

The hotel setting is very nice and if this was your first time to Dubai you may like it but we have travelled and stayed all over Dubai and found this hotel bottom of the pack for a so called 5 star hotel. We booked through Virgin holidays and after a long time travelling we got to the airport and struggled to find our name for the private transfers, once we had found them we were told to wait, after 15 mins and watching other people come through and get there transfers I went to ask where our transfer was and the guy told me the car was on the way.
After 30 mins I asked again and he told me it was busy, after 45 mins I told the manager if the car is not here in 2 mins I am catching a taxi, the car arrived very soon after this.
The driver said that there were 900 passengers today that's why we has to wait, so I told him that this is no surprise and you know how many passengers are arriving and you should have enough cars to deal with this. NO EXCUSE.
We arrived at the hotel at 10.20 am to check in and had to wait in line for 30 mins, we were told the rooms are not ready until after 2.30pm, I said that on my booking confirmation and in the sales particulars it's states"Guarantee 11am early check in" the lady at the desk said there is nothing she can do?? The rooms are basic and old for Dubai standards, we are a family of 2 adults 1 teenager 15 and 1 child of 11. There is not enough storage space so we had to leave some clothes in the case. We constantly asked for 4 towels instead of 2 but this did not happen until day 4, the rooms are dirty with mould on the ceilings and the showers are dirty with patches of grout missing and on the floor, these rooms are very tired.
We booked All inclusive but it's not, you can eat at the buffet Maarid restaurant or you have a limit at 2 other restaurants, we sat down with friends and as soon as they found out we were all inclusive they gave us a different menu, not what you expect for all inclusive.
The buffet is the same all the time but they do have theme nights but that does not mean they change the whole menu it is the same with a few additions, very very basic for a 5 star hotel.
At breakfast the fruit is basic unlike all other hotels, maybe the manager should go and look at the buffet and breakfast at The Atlantis or The Jumeriah Beach. We went to see the Virgin rep on day 2 to express our concerns and she told us she would come back to us, on day 3 I did not here anything so went back on day 4 and repeated our concerns, I went back to her twice on day 5 as I think she just hoped we would go away. Totally unacceptable for Virgin Holidays.
Around the hotel outside the grounds need more care, it's dirty with weeds growing, this is not normal for 5 star hotels, others have groundsman constantly keeping things tidy, the outside toilets near the pool and beach are disgusting with water all over and toilet roll wet and on the floor, surely as in all other hotels there should be staff on hand whilst the beach is in operation. I must add that the staff working in the restaurants and around the pool are excellent and do as much as they can but are over worked at busy periods such as half term.

Room Tip: My tip would be, there are better hotels by far in this price range, it's not cheap.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Ras Al Khaimah Hotel? Share your experiences!