“Our Stay at Banyan Tree Al Wadi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Banyan Tree Al Wadi

You added Banyan Tree Al Wadi to your Saves list
Banyan Tree Al Wadi
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Al Mazraa, PO Box 35288, Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Our Stay at Banyan Tree Al Wadi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Banyan Tree Al Wadi.The tented Villa was large and spacious and it also provided us with enough privacy. We enjoyed the Spa and we found that the Rainforest experience was excellent and we were able to rest and be spoilt by the lovely staff.

We additionally spent one night at the Banyan Tree Al Wadi Beach and we found that the staff were friendly and attentive. However we had preferred the desert experience as we found that we had less privacy at the beach villas.

The overall stay was superb and we will recomment the hotel to our friends and families.

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Al Wadi, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for your valuable feedback regarding your stay.
We are happy you had a wonderful time with us and enjoyed our spacious Tented Pool Villa. Being spoilt by lovely associates at our Spa an our Rainforest is exactly what is needed to relax! Thank you for considering your stay as overall superb and for recommending our resorts to your friends and family.

The Banyan Tree team is looking forward to welcoming you again either in the desert or the at the beach for some more pampering.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Arabic first
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had to struggle with myself for quite some time. Only after I realized that I would leave the UAE the next week could I finally decide to spend so much money just for a weekend at a hotel.
It was worth every penny!

Yes, this hotel is pricey - but with a reason. I often spend time in mediocre hotels where in the end I really regret forking out all the money, just because they have a big bed and some golden columns somewhere.

When I arrived late at night at the Al-Wadi, things were different. The archway that takes you from the entrance, where you leave your car to the reception was lit in a mystical way, suddenly a gazelle stepped from the garden into the archway, right in front of me, looked at me and moved away again. I think this first magical moment was what won me over. I am still trying to figure out, if this event was poor coincidence or in any way orchestrated for all visitors.

Check-in took some time - the person( I assume he was the duty manager) who started checking me in suddenly received a phone call and disappeared. But the lady that replaced him was very nice and even when problems occurred handled them well and friendly.

The villa I booked was quite amazing, everything was clean (incl. the pool), well stocked etc. and overall a very nice atmosphere. Other than most hotels in the UAE the whole thing felt less than the noveau riche "look we have money and put gold everywhere" thing, that you find in the Burj al-Arab and such places, but more as a more classy thing.
The only problem with the room was, that two of the wooden doors were a bit stuck i.e. not moving easily. I think that comes from the hot temperatures in summer, but nevertheless should be fixed. The power outlet on the patio was not working. Some minor parts in the villa used as they could use a makeover (like colour coming of one of the blinds in the bathroom). All these things though were no major issue and you really had to keep your eyes peeled to recognize them.
The pool and patio is divided from the neighbours with a wall on one side and a wooden fence on the other. The fence could be a bit higher, you never feel 100% alone, esp. when the neigbours have kids.
The view from the pool was a bit limited, I had hoped to look over the rolling sand dunes, but there was a big dune almost directly in front of the terrace, so you could only watch this one - or turn your head to the stars at night (much nicer!).

Both restaurants are good, service very friendly and trying to fulfill every wish. I liked the Asian one a bit more. The other had more regular food, although from high quality ingredients. Only downside - but I guess only some Italians will notice: Carbonara should not be made with cream!!! Breakfast was very good and plenty. Prices in the restaurant (and the mini bar) are according to the price of the place, but not totally overpriced (Cola in the minibar costs 15 AED, three course dinner plus non-alcoholic cocktail and water costs 350). One of the dishes I had (Creme Brulee) had three different temperatures (hot on the outside, lukewarm inside, ice cold at the bottom), that's the only major complaint I have - still tasted great.

The rooftop bar is a nice place to sit with a Shisha and a drink and watch the sun go down. Again a bit disappointed that the view does not go very far, can't see much beyond the resort, as dunes block your way.

The spa is absolutely amazing. I had to shut down my eco conscience for the weekend - better not ask for their carbon footprint with all the water in the middle of the dessert - but the spa really was a guilty pleasure. What they call the rainforest is a one hour spa trail leading you through different tropical showers, saunas and a massage pool in a very nice atmosphere. Simply great. I had some massage treatments which were also great.

I did not have time to do any of the activities, so I cannot comment on those.
What is great is that you can get a bike for free to ride around in the resort, so you do not have to wait for a buggy to come along. Even though I am not really sure, if I ever received the bike I had asked for on the first evening, or, if I unknowingly "stole" one of the bikes of my neighbors. :)

Checking out was smooth, only when trying to get my car back, I had to wait for some time, as my luggage I had asked the reception to pick up from my room before I went to breakfast 45 min. earlier and then again when I checked out was not there when I came to the exit. But anyway that was not a huge problem and such things can happen even in the best places.

Four minor things I would recommend to make the experience even better:
-a place from where you have a lookout over the dessert. I know that there is the tower, but it would be great to have something where you can sit at a bar maybe atop of a dune watching the sunset siting actually in the sand, might be great!
-real bacon!! please: i understand that the UAE is a Muslim country, but the mini bar had plenty of alcohol on display as had the restaurants i.e. what is the reason not to serve real bacon (which is really a whole different deal) for breakfast as well? It's pretty easy to buy in the UAE.
-a TV in the bed room. I love watching TV while lying in bed. The lounge where the TV is placed is nice, but it is not the same. Installing a TV close to the bed, should not be a problem. One could also replace the main TV with a projector.
-Faster internet! It's good that there is wireless, but it is too weak in some areas (bathroom) and it is too slow!

This was definitely the best resort I have ever stayed at and I would consider coming again, even, if I just had a few days stopover in the country. Absolutely magical!

Room Tip: I only had a normal villa. These villas are next to each other, so it does not feel like the "a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

‘The best resort you have ever been’ – an amazing headline which makes us proud. We are delighted you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the lovely atmosphere of the villa, our delicious Cuisine as well as our friendly service. We are glad you experienced our unique Rainforest and also relished at our award winning Spa with a couple of treatments.

Thank you for your suggestions as well. Kindly be assured that we are taking our guest comments into sincere consideration to improve our product and our facilities continuously.

The Banyan Tree Al Wadi team is looking forward to welcoming you back for some more magical moments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This place is just lovely! Your own pad on the beach with entrance gate, room is like a mini villa, your own infinity pool, cabana and terrace. Great night's sleep with fabulous bed and soft sheets & pillow. Food at Sands was stunning ( and I am hard to please!) and being able to wander to the bar or for your dinner/breakfast along the beach was very relaxing. BUT.... the thing that makes this place so special is the excellent staff! My husband and I both really enjoyed the genuinely warm smiles, the prompt and very courteous service and the fact that everyone seemed to want us to enjoy ourselves and have a good time. We will go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

We are happy that you denominate our resort as ‘just lovely’. It is true – our aim is to make our guest feel comfortable and enjoy themselves! We are delighted we exceeded your expectations with our gorgeous villas, their private pools and cabanas as well as with our Cuisine at Sands Restaurant.

We are glad our fabulous beds and soft linen allowed you to enjoy a wonderful sleep during your stay at Banyan Tree.

The Banyan Tree Ras Al Khaimah Beach team is looking forward to welcoming you back again with genuinely warm smiles.

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Totally a romantic couples retreat. Though we went with our daughter, but truly an amazing place. The room itself is gorgeous, specially the bathroom size and the private pool which can be warmed for night time use.
Rainforest experience, something which I havent experience anywhere. A class of its own. Kids club is very good too. Bicycles available for rent (no charge).
Great Thai restaurant, the shisha Moon Bar.
A must try for alllll!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

A must try for all – this statement could be from us. We are joyful you had an awesome experience at Banyan Tree Al Wadi and enjoyed our overall facilities, from the gorgeous villa to the Rainforest as well as our Signature Restaurant Safran and our lovely Moon Bar. Thank you for considering us as a great romantic couple retreat.

The Banyan Tree Al Wadi team is looking forward to welcoming you back for another amazing stay.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

A beautifully appointed hotel with a feeling of being in the middle of the desert, although it is very easily accessible. Two restaurants with excellent food and service. The rain forest is a lovely, very different experience. I did find some of the extra activities to be a little overpriced.

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Al Wadi, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Luxury in the middle of the desert - this is what Banyan Tree Al Wadi stands for. We are delighted you had a lovely experience at our Rainforest and relished with our excellent Cuisine and service.

The Banyan Tree Al Wadi team is looking forward to welcoming you back again for some more luxury in the desert.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Just over an hour's drive from Dubai. Kicks off with lovely jetty ride to resort. One-bedroom villas ideal for couples/adults vs families. Opt for in-villa BBQ served in ultimate style by butler service- preferably the one with lobster included on the menu. The beach resort gets great rays, ideal for sun worshippers who enjoy privacy. In a nutshell, cannot wait to visit again!

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

We are joyful you had a great time at Banyan Tree Ras Al Khaimah Beach. Our lovely little boat ride to escort our guest to our peninsula is the perfect start for a ultimate couple escape. We are happy you also enjoyed the privacy and our In-Villa-BBQ served by a personal butler.

The Banyan Tree Ras Al Khaimah Beach Team is looking forward to welcoming you back soon again for another escape.

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been to Banyan tree for 2 nights where we really enjoyed our stay as the room was very spacious and had a lovely private pool which we utilized. The restaurants in the hotel were superb where we tried some really nice thai dishes and lovely desserts. The breakfast we had was also good but not as good as the la carte. They provide bicycles for free which is soo nice. The best thing in the whole stay was the massage and sauna area which is a must try.

Room Tip: Go to the spa and sauna !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

We are glad you fully enjoyed your stay at Banyan Tree Al Wadi. Thank you for complimenting our Spa as the best experience during your time with us. We are happy you relished in our spacious villa with its private pool as well as our Cuisine.

The Banyan Tree Al Wadi team is looking forward to welcoming you back again for some more quietness fare away from any traffic and noise.

Area General Manager

Been to Banyan Tree Al Wadi? Share your experiences!