Firstly do not get your expectation up- the reality is that this is a 2 star hotel AT BEST. If you go in knowing that fact ...then you will have an ok experience.
The negatives of our stay.
1. Our adjoining rooms BOTH REEKED of STRONG cigarette smoke. It was ALL over the bedding, curtains, upholstery etc... The worst part was- cigarette fumes came from the AC duct all night we had the AC on! We couldnt sleep. At one point my husband and I were 'tearing' as the fumes were stinging our eyes. It was truly an unpleasant experience esp as we are non-smokers. (It almost triggered a migrane for me!)
2. The bathrooms were not KID friendly- they were extremely slippery and 3 of our kids slipped and hit their heads on the hard tiled floor and glass doors...potentially V HAZZARDOUS.
3. Our en-suite bathroom - although clean, had plumbing/guttering issues and STANK of sewage- we had to keep the door shut and avoided using that toilet. Each bathroom provided ONLY 1 TOWEL- we are a family of 5+babysitter!
3. There is a nearby garage (opposite our room on 3rd floor) which decided to do 'motor checks' at 10 pm - sounded like 'drag-racing' - was incredibly annoying..it was very loud and woke up the kids!!!! I complained at reception after enduring 30 mins of noise, and the reception must have had them on speed dial because the noise stopped almost instantaneously as I put down the phone !!! :)
4. Iceland park is 15 to 20 mins from this hotel...it is quite a LONG haul especially with kids dressed up and waiting eagerly for the waterpark. Also u have to pay extra at iceland for towels etc- so take your own towels. Also the Ac is cranked up to MAX inside the locker rooms...be careful...kids were freezing and shivering in the changing rooms after swimming!
5. View from our room was abysmal! (car park/garage/run-down neighbourhood) Also hardly any selection of good channels on Tv/cable. No movies/children's cartoon channels.
POsitives- Rooms were v basic but clean and quite spacious.Also reception DID stop the motor noise V V FAST. Breakfast buffet was ok. Also location convenient as opposite Manar Mall/carrefour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- City Hotel is in the heart of Ras Al Khaimah, directly across from Manar Shopping Mall. It offers free Wi-Fi, massage treatments in the beauty salon, and rooms with balconies.Dining options include a sushi and seafood bar and casual dining at the 24-hour Balance Dine-In Café. Guests can stay late at The City Lights Bar and Chill Pub.The spacious rooms are air-conditioned and include satellite TV. Some have a sitting area with a sofa.A 24-hour front desk, an on-site tour desk and a car rental service are available at the City Hotel. The property is a 5 minute walk from Ras Al Khaimah’s center. Guests can reach RAK International Airport with a 10 minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your City Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.