“Anniversary stay oh so good” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box 34429, Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates   |
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
lymm cheshire
“Anniversary stay oh so good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Well what can I say just back had such a brill time rooms beautiful clean and well presented. Food lovely could not complain at all if people criticise well hard to please or what! Service excellent staff polite and extremely helpful We stayed on the lagoon catching the hotel buggy was no prob running us up and down to and from the restaurant etc. we used taxis to visit Dubai which took approx 1 hour each way but well worth it. So altogether fantastic

• Stayed September 2012
coveresort, General Manager at Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear chrissym122,

Thank you very much for your very positive review of your recent holiday with us at The Cove Rotana Resort. I am happy to read of your experience with our resort facilities and services and for choosing our resort among the many options available in our surrounding. It is very pleasing to read how much you have enjoyed your time with us.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and recommending us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Cove Rotana Resort in the future.

Regards,

The Cove Rotana Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Would recommend this resort to anyone. We had a fantastic, relaxing holiday. Hotel very clean.Food excellent.
All staff polite and helpful.
We must say a special thank you to our room cleaners and the bar captain.

Room Tip: go for deluxe with a sea view.
Dear rosaleen 1960,

Thank you for your positive feedback about your recent stay with us at The Cove Rotana Resort.

With great pleasure I read how much you enjoyed your stayed with us, especially our culinary delights and our outstanding guest services. Thank you for emphasizing the excellent services provided by our room attendants and the bar captain and be assured that your kind comment is shared with our team.

I appreciate you taking the time to recommend our resort on TripAdvisor and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sunny regards,

Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I booked this holiday on the spur of the moment a few weeks ago for myself and my 22 year old son. I have to admit that I was slightly concerned, when I read some of the reviews on Trip Adviser.
I needn't have worried, because this is, without doubt, one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. We were All inclusive .....and yet I still felt that we were enjoying 5star food, drink, and service. Our room was a bungalow with a terrace overlooking the beach, where we could escape from the mid day sun, and enjoy the wonderful sunsets.
The staff were all friendly courteous, and efficient....Cinnamon(the all inclusive restaurant) offered such a varied and excellent choice of food, we didn't bother going elsewhere.....and you could eat late which we enjoyed.
The live music and ambience in the bar was great... Try a Sheesha on the terrace!
Water sports available on the beach, beach parties, and two lovely pools.
The hotel never seemed overcrowded, but always had a great atmosphere. I can't wait to go back again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
coveresort, General Manager at Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Patricia M,

I am very pleased to read your positive review on TripAdvisor from your recent stay with us at The Cove Rotana Resort. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and recommend our resort.

With much delight I learn that you and your son enjoyed your vacation in one of our villas and that both of you were overall impressed with the quality and service of your stay. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

Looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the not too far distant future.

I remain with sunny regards,

Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had spent 01 night in cove Rotana hotel , everything in this place is excellent
service ,rooms ,location , swimming pools, sea, restaurants
wish to try this nice experience once again , I’m going to tell all my friends about this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: most of the rooms
Dear basem a,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback after your recent stay at The Cove Rotana Resort.

With much pleasure we read that your short visit with us was such an enjoyable one and that you will share your positive experience with your friends.
Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you I will be sharing this with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Cove Rotana Resort in the very near future and remain with sunny regards,

The Cove Rotana Resort
Kirknewton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Hi, my husband and I stayed here for 10 nights. We arrived around 10.30 am we inquired about a villa because it was our PearI Wedding Anniversary was told the price thought that it was reasonable but when the receptionist said per night I said okay we'll not bother. I knew we would not get our apartment until 12noon so I was prepared to wait. NO NEED around 11.15am we were driven to our apartment. Well we opened the door and were gobsmacked!! The receptionist ( Richa ) had Upgraded us to our own private villa with everything we could ever need. The view from the Villa was breath taken Sunset Views Every night. We had Patio furniture with sunbeds, Towels changed every day on the beds, along with all the other housekeeping facilities taken care off. On a nightly basis the Housekeeping rang the bell and asked if there were any extra facilities we required Coffee Tea water etc. etc. The Restaurant was amazon food fabulous variety was fantastic, catered for everyone’s needs. The Laguna Bar was great the young Barman has a great personality ( Prakash ) very friendly with all the guest. The Pool attendants ( Life Guards ) Were very helpful at the start off the holiday but one morning we went for breakfast and because it was very busy at the egg counter I waited quite a while, so therefor when we got back to our sunbeds, we found that all our personal property had been taken off our sunbeds, the beds given to other guest.( German ) I was not happy to say the least, when I complained the Pool attendant said I give you these two beds which belonged to other guest that were at breakfast. I said NO I will not take someone's sunbed off them. He then got two other empty beds, (Why did he not do that in the first place for the German Guest ???? ) I would also like to give my complements to the Buggy Drivers they were very helpful every day off our holiday nothing was a bother to them. I will recommend this Resort & Spa to everyone that would like a holiday in Dubai.
Mrs C Boyle. (Scotland)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
coveresort, Manager at Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear CatherineKirknew,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your very positive review following your recent visit to The Cove Rotana Resort.

We are truly delighted to note that both you and your husband thoroughly enjoyed your visit to our resort on the occasion of your Pearl Wedding and are so glad that you loved the upgrade to one of our villas. I will be sure to pass on your very kind comments to all of the staff concerned and, we are most grateful for your kind feedback. With some concern I read about the small incident with the sun loungers at the pool and will have this investigated. Nevertheless, I am glad that our Pool Attendant could solve the matter rapidly to your satisfaction.

With thanks once again and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Cove Rotana Resort in the very near future.

Regards,

The Executive Assistant Manager of
Badsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Four us us stayed here from the 12th to the 18th Sept, myself, partner, her sister and father who is a sprightly 80 year old. We booked a room for us two and a room each for her sister and father. These rooms were supposed to be the classic standard rooms. This was booked through a Travelzoo deal. We were told that transfers were not included but having been to the UAE before I thought a taxi would be reasonable once we got there. However I did phone the hotel 2 days before departure to double check about transfers as someone suggested elsewhere that they had transfers included, I was told that because we were staying 5 nights or more that the hotel provides free airport transfers...result. I also asked if we could have 3 rooms close together because my partners dad recently had a fall and was still a little fragile. One negative at this point was that none of my emails were answered and I tried two different ones. My partner did make contact through their website messaging but it doesn't allow you to say very much at all

After reading many reviews about this hotel and only paying £699 each we were a little concerned that we had made a mistake by booking a 6 night all-inclusive holiday here. We have stayed in some really nice hotels in Dubai, including The Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Madinat and Le Royal Meridien but paid almost twice as much on a B&B or half board basis so our expectations were obviously not as high but it still doesn't stop you comparing. We don't normally go on all-inclusive holidays but last year we stayed in a 4 star Riu hotel in Cyprus for a family wedding which was an all-inclusive hotel and paid about the same price as we paid for The Cove Rotana so the comparisons we took were against this hotel. To our delight they were worlds appart.

To start with the Emirates flight was excellent as always, although it was an overnight flight so the 4 of us were quite tired when we landed in Dubai and had to queue quite a while at passport control, something to do with taking photos of everyone (I think). Once we got through passport control and collected our cases the transfer was waiting for us. It was probably only about 1hr 15mins to the hotel as most traffic was going the other way into Dubai at 8am. When we got to the hotel I expected a delay to check in after reading the reviews but we only had to wait about 5 or 10 minutes and then about 15 minutes for the check in staff to sort paperwork out which was no hardship. It got a lot better once the check in process was over as I noticed all our key cards had the same number, 45. I didn't think at this point that I'd be sharing a classic room with my partner, her sister and father but thought we got a villa or similar to have the same number. We all then got on the golf buggy to be taken to our accomodation, which was on the far right of the resort where most of the villas are. The cleaners and gardeners were still working when we got there so we sat in the lounge area for about 10 minutes just taking it all in and could see that we had our own plunge pool outside the main lounge area and then went to our own bedrooms in the villas when the cleaners left. Each bedroom had its own seating area and balcony or terrace, large bathroom or shower room and flat screen TV's. although these didn't get used once. I don't know how much one of these villas would have cost if you booked them but I would say a lot more than the rooms. Thank you for that, Cove Rotana.

The resort is vast and we were quite a distance from the sea which I personally don't mind as I don't mind the exercise. We even used the pool that is furthest away from us as it seems a bit quieter than the Sunset Pool which is by the reception area and Breeze Bar. However we did learn to request a buggy to take us back as the climb up the hill in the heat is quite exhausting at times, especially after a drink or two at the pool bar.

The main restaurant, Cinnamon was nothing like the buffet restaurant in Cyprus that we had to use last year which was like a large canteen. You get seated at your table and they take your drinks order and then you wander upto the vast selection of food on offer, which was a very good selection of hot and cold food. You use this restaurant for breakfast, lunch (if you want it) and dinner and we never felt like cattle as you would expect in a large buffet restaurant. We booked to eat at the Al a Carte restaurant, which is called Basilico on the Saturday night for a treat. This is obviously not included in the all-inclusive package but they do give you 50 AED each towards the bill. It was very nice (and thanks for paying Bill) but was a little quiet especially for a Saturday, this may have something to do with Cinnamon being very good.

The pool that we used always had enough beds for the 4 of us together as long as we went early enough, but theres always enough sunbeds on the beach which also has a bar too so never too far to get a cold drink. They supply all pool and beach towels so no need to take your own.

The villa and all the public areas that I could see were always very clean, even the toilets behind the beach bar were clean and air conditioned and the staff were always polite and attentive. The beds are extremely comfortable. If I had to give one bad point, it would be the fact that the WIFI is not included and is chargeable by the 1/2 hour or more. I paid 350 AED for a weeks worth. This is normally included in Dubai 5 star hotels but as its not in Dubai and they don't charge the same price for the rooms I suppose they have to try and make some money somewhere.

I would go back to this hotel in a heart beat if we could get a similar deal next year, although I would want to have the villa with the plunge pool again after being spoilt. I don't normally write reviews but thought it was worthwhile doing after seeing so many negative reviews so trying to even it out.

Thank you very much to all at The Cove Rotana.

Room Tip: If you are booking more than one room ask if its possible to have a villa....you never know.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Martin E,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your detailed review on TripAdviser following your recent visit to The Cove Rotana Resort – Ras Al Khaimah.

We are truly delighted to note that both you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your visit to our resort and especially loved the accommodation in one of our villas. With much pleasure we learnt that you were very happy with our services and facilities as well as our culinary offers.

Many thanks once again, and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Cove Rotana Resort in the very near future.

Sunny regards,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We ventured to a resort that was offering an all inclusive break for the 1st time, after always booking up independently. The Cove was above our expectations, big resort but well laid out on the hillside, so can be quiet if you wanted. The food offered on the inclusive was great, some of the best choices we have seen anywhere in the world and the service was very good and friendly.
There is a kids club, beach parties and live groups are the other extras if you want them. There is a private beach 600 m long with water activities as well
The best was in September the temperature averaged 40 C

Room Tip: Choose a premium room for the best views, near to the Laguna pool
Dear aewuk15,

Greetings from the Cove Rotana Resort!

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your positive review following your recent visit to The Cove Rotana Resort.

We are truly delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay inclusive the services, facilities and especially our culinary offers and beach parties with life entertainment.

With thanks once again, and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Cove Rotana Resort in the very near future.

Kind regards,

The Cove Rotana Resort - Ras Al Khaimah

Been to Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah? Share your experiences!