“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Al Ain
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were seven families with eight rooms booked to enjoy an outing during the Eid Holidays. Check-in was a bit chaotic and at the end of it realised that 6 families and set of teenage kid rooms were allocated in the main hotel and one family in the chalet, though we all checked in together.
The staff performing the check-in was very stuck on "your booking is like this" as it was an online booking through a booking site. Fortunately, the duty manager stepped in and sorted it out to our satisfaction.

The hotel itself and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. Special mention to the house-keeping manager who accommodated our request to join the twin beds in the rooms where we had small kids with parents staying.

The highlight of the hotel is the pool areas and the sports facilities. There are two pool areas, one lap pool and one kids play pool with slides and water spouts. The kids were not willing to come out the pool. This area also has the locker rooms, changing rooms with shower, steam and sauna (separate for males and females), Jacuzzi, table tennis, squash courts and the gym which is pretty well equipped.

There is a bar by the lap pool, another outlet serving beverages connected to the sports area, a full fledged pub by the name of Poco's, a dining area and a lounge cafe on the ground floor with a wide range of offerings for most nationalities, an Italian joint, the breakfast had great variety and quality of offering was really good. liquor is reasonably priced.

The hotel is nearly in the middle from Jabal Hafeet to Hili fun city, so can be said to be close to almost all the tourist attractions in Al Ain.

The only pain point for us during the stay was the increased security set up in the hotel on account of the FIFA u 17 matches being held in Al Ain. Apart from this I would recommend this hotel for stay while in Al Ain.

Room Tip: The rooms ending 20 onwards seem to be in the new wing and really good. The suites are in the older...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lillian N, Guest Relations at Hilton Al Ain, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Kumarnat,

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Al Ain and we are happy to read that your family had a great time at the Pool, in our Health Club and also you tried and enjoyed the variety of cuisines while staying with us. All your great comments will for sure be shared with our team especially our House keeping manager, who assisted you upon check-in and provided rooms all together as per your request.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the hotel one night on Oct 14, we wanted to get away from the busy Dubai and it was a disappointment starting with the check in, we had to wait 30 min to get the room key and we had to carry our luggage to the room ourselves, which let's say its OK they were very busy .....before we booked our stay with Hilton I read the reviews and in one of them it said that they didn't had WiFi internet in the lobby but now they did....yes they do have it but you have to pay for it, it's not free.
When we got to the room and I wanted to get a cold drink from the fridge there was spoiled food in it from the previous guests....we called the reception and someone was sent to clean and remove the food....when the person cleaned it used a knife to remove the dirt from the fridge floor.......we never touch the fridge for all our stay........
To say the positive we enjoyed the pool...the water was nice ....but the areas around it, the tiles very dirty...
When we went back to the room to clean up there was only one robe and 1 pair of slippers, we called to request another one but they never brought us another set......
After numerous requests to speak to the manager, finally we got approached in the lobby around by a gentleman saying he is the manager and he offered to change our fridge, later on he offered to give us free breakfast ....but unfortunately don't think is enough for us to make it up for our disappointment.
I hope this will trigger some changes in the Hotel, to clean it and be more responsive to people...we will not visit this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Clau L,

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your stay. The guest satisfaction is always our top priority and we regret to hear that your stay was below your expectations, please accept our sincere apologies. We have also contacted you by email and we would love to be able to look further into your recent stay experience. Nevertheless, please be rest assured that we highly value all of our guest feedback and your concerns are addressed with the relevant managers. Once again, our sincere apologies and we truly do hope that your recent stay will not deter you from visiting us again in the future. Should you require anything for your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will make sure you will have our exceptional Hilton experience.

Kind Regards,

mims florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed 5 years ago and were unhappy, receiving some compensation from hotel. So we were pleased to find that the outdoor pool area with super children's waterslide , and the 2 indoor jacuzzis were fully working; that room service provided an excellent dinner for 8 even bringing it to our chalet in the grounds where we had a fine stay enjoying the fragrant frangipanni just by our patio, ; that the breakfast was as our daughter said biggest selection of food she has seen for that meal; and bar prices were reasonable for UAE (prosecco 25AED) . But they messed up with checkin, making us wait over an hour for chalet to be ready ("5 minutes"), and checkout took a while as well. However we shall return.

Room Tip: garden chalet comes with own parking and patio etc
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lillian N, Guest Relations at Hilton Al Ain, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear gwgMimsFlorida,

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty to Hilton Al Ain. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities, time at the Pool as well as delicious room service food in the comfort of your chalet. Our chalets are really popular with guests who want to escape the hustle and bustle of Dubai or Abu Dhabi and want to enjoy the greenery and comfort that our Garden area offers.
We have also taken a note of your comment with regards to your arrival experience and would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you back and I will be more than happy to look after your stay and make sure it is comfortable.
Thank you once again for posting your kind review.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and three children have spend a lovely and relaxing long week end in this hotel, it is not the first time and will go back, but for the first time I wanted to share the real warmth and friendlyness of the staff. I would recommend this hotel to all because of the welcome but also the historical value of the place, it has been successfully updated and renovated along the way. One more thing, it's great for parents of young children to have on site babysitters! (Thank you Mesereth and Martha!). Our kids can't wait to see them and play at the hotel playground!

• Stayed October 2013
Lillian N, Guest Relations Officer at Hilton Al Ain, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear EWalsh301,

We would like to thank you for your continuous loyalty to Hilton Al Ain. It is pleasure to read that you always have memorable stays at Hilton Al Ain and your recent stay was no exception.

Hilton Al Ain is great for families as many of our guest told us during this Eid period, with its spacious green garden, water slide and children playground. We are really pleased to that you had a relaxing and enjoyable weekend and we could make you feel the warmth and friendliness throughout your stay . I am sure our colleagues Martha and Mesereth cannot wait to baby sit and play with your lovely kids again!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back,

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed over night whilst in Al Ain on business. I had been warned by colleagues that the Hilton is very old by UAE standards and in need of an upgrade but thought I would try it.

There is no valet parking or help with bags so travel light if arriving in your own car/a rental car. Self parking is fairly easy though but most of the parking is not shaded so would be very unpleasant in summer when it regularly exceeds 50c in Al Ain.

At check-in I was told that the double room I had booked was unavailable so I was being "upgraded" to a refurbished room with 2 single beds. The room didn't look very modern so the unrefurbished rooms are probably best avoided. If I stayed again I would ask for a room at the rear overlooking the pool as the room I was allocated overlooked the car parking and a very busy road.

It is a complete disgrace that the Hilton does not include wifi in the room rates. It is not 1993 for god's sake. I refuse to pay for wifi so did without. I have deducted 1 star from my rating as a result of this rip-off.

Tried out the pool area. Not very easy to find as there are no signs. There is a separate pool for lane swimming and another large family/children's pool. The lane swimming pool was however been used by a Chinese family with children in arm bands. It is a shame the pool attendants didn't say anything. It is also a shame that the area around the lane swimming pool is made adults only. It was not very relaxing to have screaming kids running around shouting. The family pool is very large so it would cause little inconvenience if children were restricted to that area.

I had a drink in the bar (Pacos) which was pleasant but very quiet early on a Friday evening. I then tried the new Japanese restaurant, Toki. The original Toki in Abu Dhabi is very good so I expected good things. I was therefore surprised to be the only diner at 8.30pm on a Friday. Not a good sign. I ordered a starter and drink which were served. The waitress left the menu on the table and never came back to ask what else I wanted so I walked out. I can't see this restaurant lasting long and it is reflecting badly on the original Toki which still maintains high standards.

Had a pizza in the next door Italian restaurant which was fine. Unremarkable but served efficiently and good value.

I didn't sleep very well due to the small, single bed and road noise.

Breakfast in the main restaurant wasn't great. A poor selection and the restaurant seemed in serious need of renovation.

I'll stay at the Rotana or Danat next time I'm in Al Ain...

Room Tip: rear of the hotel as less road noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Lillian N, Guest Relations at Hilton Al Ain, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear JJimBean,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies for having given you cause to express your disappointment following your recent stay with us. We have taken note of your feedback and are truly sorry to hear that you were not fully pleased with your overall experience.
Our guest's happiness is our top priority and we will be sure to review your feedback with our management team and use it as a tool to better serve our guests in the future.

For your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, it would be my pleasure to assist you personally and make sure you experience our exceptional Hilton service and make it a memorable and comfortable stay.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon in our hotel.

With apologies once again, I remain,

Sencerely yours,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The arrival experience at the Hilton Al Ain was very good. We were offered cold juices and the check in went smoothly. Service was very friendly and efficient.
The hotel is quite old but a lot of refurbishment has been done. It still has a grand Hilton feel with marble in the reception area.

The first room we stayed in (deluxe room) was facing the swimming pool and was nicely furbished. However, in the morning at 6am we were woken by pigeons on the balcony which seemed to like those balconies. The downstairs roof was very dirty and possibly attracted pigeons. It wasn't pleasant waking up to this.

We asked if there were any rooms which were not plagued by pigeons and were given a junior suite facing Jebel Hafeet. The room was very spacious and nicely outlined. No pigeons disturbed us on that side of the hotel. However, a cat could be heard walking and meowing above the bathroom panels ?!

The outside area around the swimming is nice but somewhat dated. The family seemed very popular with kids. The pool bar plays loud music.

The cafe outside was very nice in the evening were guests could sit, chat, have a drink or a sheesha.
The restaurant we tried were all good (Tiko and Casa Romana). Breakfast was good and what one would expect from a Hilton.
The Tex-Mex bar seemed very popular on the Thursday night when a band was playing.

The website states there is a par 3 golf course. This is not really a golf course but just a few pins in a garden which seems to have been neglected. The 'golf course' also features some chairs and a couple of football goals along the way. Leave your clubs at home. The Hilton website should remove this as feature so guests don't get confused and turn up to actually play golf. I went back to the room after attempting the first couple of holes.

Overall the hotel is a good place to stay if you want to explore Al Ain area and don't spend all the time in the hotel. Do request a room facing Jebel Hafeet unless you don't mind being woken up by pigeons.

Room Tip: Facing towards Jebel Hafeet to avoid any pigeons.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lillian N, Guest Relations at Hilton Al Ain, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Mark27Ldn,

Thank you for taking time to post your detailed review on tripadvisor. We were really pleased to read that you enjoyed our refreshing welcome drinks and that our staff were welcoming and friendly throughout your stay. Moreover, we are glad to know that you liked staying in one of our newly renovated Deluxe rooms with its beautiful view of the pool. It also seems that you got the chance to enjoy the variety of restaurants and cuisines while staying with us and really made the best of your stay!

We would like to apologize for some issues that you faced during your stay, let me assure you, they were addressed immediately. Should you require anything for your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, it would be my pleasure to assist you.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to Hilton Al Ain,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I would like to highlight the amazing role of Jurgita Valtyte from Guest Relations, which made our stay a memorable one. First, she proactively sent me a message ahead of my stay asking if there was any way she could assist, and upon hearing that we were celebrating our daughter's fifth birthday, she upgraded us to a Deluxe Room, had the room decorated with balloons (you can imagine my little girl's joyful reaction upon entering the room), and she offered us a cake (chocolate, as this was my daughter's favorite flavor) delivered to the room, all as a courtesy. That kind gesture and splendid customer service is something that makes Hilton so special and puts it ahead of the competition. Thank you Jurgita!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Jurgita V, Guest Relations officer at Hilton Al Ain, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! I would like to share the credit with our Housekeeping team, who did the towel art and balloon set up in the room as well as Pastry chef who arranged the chocolate cake for the occasion.

We are truly happy that your daughter enjoyed her birthday and hope that it will remain a fond memory of her time at Hilton Al Ain. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future and should you need any assistance with your future bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me,

Jurgita Valtyte
Phone: +971-3-768 6666 | Email: jurgita.valtyte@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Al Ain? Share your experiences!