We checked-in to the Hilton Al Ain on New Year’s Eve day and we stayed for 2 nights. As Hilton Diamond members we were upgraded to a chalet on a prepaid rate booked on Hilton.com. It was something like 400AED/night. I think on the hotel’s website they call the chalet a villa. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. In the lobby there is a cart with dates and tea (Arabian, I think it was) in a fancy gold carafe. The chalet is not in the main building but is in the back of the hotel past all of the pools. We were escorted to our room by one of the bellboys. Our room was on the second floor and appeared to be one of the only chalet rooms that did not have a balcony or patio. Surprisingly, the room was very large with a couch and desk. There was even a kitchenette that we never used. The room was nice with dark wood panels. The standard Hilton alarm clock was in the room and I was able to connect my ipod to it. The worst part of the room was the bathroom. It was really small for how large the room was and the shower stall was terrible. It was like something you would find in a roadside motel in the States. The shower door was difficult to open and it would leak grease into and outside of the shower stall. The water pressure was terrible too. The toiletries were the typical Crabtree ones found in every other Hilton in the world. I think that the rooms were serviced more than once a day.
The hotel seems to be very family-friendly and there were lots of kids in the pool. They have a game room and full gym in the Hiltonia Club.
For New Year’s Eve the hotel had several selections to choose from. There were 3 or 4 different dinners at different restaurants. We chose the dinner in the Palm Court in the hotel’s atrium. It was 99AED pp and included buffet dinner, entertainment, and noisemakers. The food was really good and had many types of international selections. There were two large ice sculptures at the buffet and it was very pleasant.
The breakfast buffet is in Flavours which is part of the back lobby and doesn’t have a restaurant feel at all, which is good. There is patio seating also. The food selection was good, but no pork bacon or sausage which was expected. They have an omelet station on the patio that will also cook waffles. The lead host was very nice and welcoming each day.
We had dinner the second night at Paco’s, the Mexican restaurant and it was quite good. As a southern Californian, I am picky when it comes to Mexican food and this place was pretty good. The guacamole was not fresh and probably came from a mix, but that was my only complaint. There were lots of TV screens showing football matches so it is not the place for a quiet dinner for two. It has the atmosphere of a pub or an American sports bar.
The hotel has a faded glory charm to it. I am sure when it was built it was very posh with all of the marble and gold trim everywhere…think “old Las Vegas.” The room was nice and the staff is really great. Every staff person we encountered was nice and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in exotic landscaped gardens, the Hilton Al Ain hotel offers a peaceful oasis in the heart of this bustling city. This Al Ain hotel is close to major tourist attractions and Dubai and Abu Dhabi airports are 80 minutes away. Visit nearby Al Ain attractions, enjoy a round of golf on the hotel’s 9-hole course or simply relax by the pool. Explore Al Ain's magnificent sand dunes with a desert safari, work out in the hotel's fitness center or unwind in the sauna and Jacuzzi. Lunch alfresco at International buffet restaurant - Flavours or sample tradition Arabic fare in Makani Café. Try a variety of Tex-Mex cuisine at Paco's Bar and souvor the taste of excellent fajitas or quesadillas while watching sport games on TV. Listen to live music 5 days a week or enjoy the pleasant evening temperatures in an open-air terrace. Persons under the age of 21 are not allowed to enry to Paco's Bar after 6pm.Have fun in the huge playground, enjoy the squash courts and table tennis, or relax with a massage while the kids have fun in the Kids’ Room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Al Ain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Al Ain Hotel Al Ain
- Al Ain Hilton International
- Hilton Al Ain Emirate Of Abu Dhabi