“Luxurious, Laid back and Royal Experience.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain

You added Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain to your Saves list
Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jebel Hafeet | PO Box 24476, Al Ain 0, United Arab Emirates   |
Special Offer
Rates from $96/night
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Al Ain
Jamshedpur, India
“Luxurious, Laid back and Royal Experience.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

High up on the hills- close to the top of Abu Dhabi's second highest peak, rests the Mercure Grand Hotel ! Much like the jewel in a King's crown, the hotel itself is the centrepiece in the vastly barren landscape all around.

The staff is courteous and helpful. The hotel houses a beautiful swimming pool, a gym and all the basics of a luxury hotel. The rooms are spacious. Each room has a balcony from where to look out into the town of Al Ain below you.

Overall a fairly luxurious and relaxing way to spend your holidays !!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hani A, General Manager at Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Madam / Sir,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Al Ain Jebel Hafeet. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Hani Al Khouly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

The location of the hotel is an excellent one and the view is just fabulous. But the decor is quite old and needs renovation. However, considering the deal we got and the friendly service which was given to us, we were willing to overlook this, especially as we were quite impressed with the buffet breakfast. Definitely the right choice for families. But I agree with some of the other reviews. They definitely need more deck chairs!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hani A, Front Office Manager at Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain, responded to this review, November 7, 2013

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This is our first trip to Al Ain, and my friend, who stayed at the Rotana, said point blank, if you have kids, stay at the Mercure. We are glad we did.
Rooms are very good value for money, clean, nice views (pool view= city view from the top of the hill, stunning). The pools are great, although my 1 year old preferred the pool bar area where he could crawl in two inches of water, rather than the kiddie pool which had a lot of water showering down on you (but my 8 and 6 year olds loved that pool). Two of the slides are made of concretey type material so not so slippery nor fast unless you go down on your back - the third slide is steep, short and fun. Lifeguard stopped my daughter from entering pool area until she could prove adult with her. Busy at the weekend, but all friendly.
Added bonuses: play area outside which is excellent. They have also converted one squash court to an indoor play area for toddlers which is fantastic, withf Little Tikes climbing frame type things and see saws. They even had a frisbee and provided one liter of water for anyone who I guess brought a cup. And a TV playing cartoon network-style stuff. I thought it was too young for my 8 yr old but he was happy to have somewhere to burn energy and we tossed the frisbee around. There is also a pool table and table tennis, not sure if there is a charge for their use, but hey, it's available.
If you have kids in your room and you order extra beds ,they actually give you mattresses that they put on the floor. This is ideal because it gives you the semblance of more space and the room doesn't feel cramped. Each room seems to have a patio. Ours and the adjoining rooms' is about 4 foot square, so small, but they made it small to make the room bigger and I think it's a good tradeoff.
Breakfast - pancakes were cold but service was good and they reheated it, coffee was excellent and I could try a few things I had never had before. It wasn't included in the price but I thought it was good. not as good perhaps as a crowne plaza breakfast (we like Crowne Plazas generally) but enjoyable enough and decent choice. I didn't mind paying extra for it if that is anything to go by.
It seems to be quite wheelchair friendly - not 100% sure but at least it is all negotiable with a baby buggy (I have a 1 year old also). You can get down to the pool by ramps.
Only small downside is that only two places open for dinner before 7PM, so the kids are having room service tonight, as neither open place (a bar and a coffee place) was suitable. I didn;t think the outside dining place by the pool (buffet only) looked very appealing when I inspected the selection on a Thursday night, but Fri night is BBQ night so perhaps it will be better. But it doesn't open til 8PM.
The Belvedere, which is the main restaurant where the breakfast is served, was excellent apparently according to my in laws who ate there last night. They said it was a limited menu but what they chose was excellent and the bread to start was superb - and I always judge a restaurant by its bread!!

Room Tip: The king size bed easily fits 3 people and comes with at least 6 pillows... Today they had live musi...

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in 2009 and thought it was fantastic however second visit I wasn't so impressed. Don't get me wrong this hotel is clean and has fantastic views, it is a little dated in terms of the decor but this doesn't put you off. The pool is ok but there were no sunbeds available at all by the time we reached the pool at midday, so you need to get down early!! There are 3 water slides mainly for the children but of course also good for the adults this are fantastic if you have kids and kept ours occupied for hours!

What let the hotel down for me this time was the restaurants and the restrictions. The main restaurant inside the hotel and the pool bar restaurant offered nothing but buffet for lunch and dinner with no menu to choose from. There is a small cafe bar in the foyer which offered a room service menu of salads and sandwiches but the choice wasn't great. After complaining they allowed us to order food from the room service menu which would normally be available in our rooms, this had a much better choice and I have to say the food was very good and plenty of it. From what I understand the buffet options were expensive and not of the best quality! To offer nothing but buffet when you are on the top of a mountain and nowhere else to go is far too restrictive.

The other thing that was more of a concern and I guess a frustration was that at night they looked the gates to all the pool and childrens play areas and locked the exits of the hotel with the exception of the main entrance on level 1. For me this was a real fire risk and I am sure many people wouldn't even be aware of it, however I have children that wake at 5:30 and as courtesy to others take my kids outside or away from the rooms. However we were locked in and couldn't exit the hotel or get to any of the facilities. When I asked security I was told to exit at the front walk through the car park, down to the side where they are building and walk along the back service road to reach the back of the hotel. This for me I did not understand at all. Then when you walked down the path between the pool fence and the viewing area it took you into the pool area so why lock the gates....Even the indoor playroom for the children was locked until 7am which again won't bother those without kids but for me this would have been a great help.

Will I go back here no...

Dear mdm,sir

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Al Ain Jebel Hafeet. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

EDINBURGH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We were on holiday staying with friends and eat out several times.

We stopped for lunch at this hotel fantastic service and hot buffet. Great lunch in a great place.

My wife has to eat a wheat free diet and the staff were very knowledgeable and cooked her meal tom order. see photo.

Would I go back most definitely.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

LANARKSHIRE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and our room had a lovely view of the pool and Al Ain. The hotel is nice and clean but the decor is stuck in the 70s. Hotel staff were generally friendly and attentive. The big down side to this hotel for me is that it is really for families and if you are a couple like us looking for a quiet, cooler break from Dubai then don't count on having a long lie while you are there. You will hear kids screaming in the rooms around you from about 6.30 am. The food in the hotel caters mainly for kids and if you want a decent meal then head back down into Al Ain. Overall an ok stay but we would not return.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear mdm,sir

Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Very pleasant hotel - clean, comfortable bedding and attentive staff (although the decor is a bit dated circa mid 70's - but this didn't bother us).
Buffet breakfast was also very good (even the curious "beef bacon").
The views from the room were spectacular and well worth staying outside of Al Ain but it is a fair drive if you intend spending several days sightseeing in the city.
Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Hani Al Khouly

Been to Mercure Grand Jebel Hafeet Al Ain? Share your experiences!