We've stayed several times for a couple of nights during July 2013.
The pool is excellent with natural rock, making you feel you could be anywhere rather than the middle of the desert.
The spa was perfect, relaxing and very reasonably priced. Although the administration is not perfect, we've had several massages that have been of the highest quality we've had anywhere, surpassing the high end hotel spas in Abu Dhabi & Dubai - We now book in advance everytime we stay in Al Ain - superb!
The salon (or saloon as it's called) next door to the spa is not tied to the hotel, so sadly you can't charge things to the room - that loses a lot of business from the passers by.
The breakfast is very good, with a pork station & almost anything you might want; The eggs, pancakes & waffles cooked to order. Room service is very prompt and the food normally delivered hot: any problems are fixed quickly.
The service was also excellent, with every member of staff happy to help. Biju went the extra mile to ensure our in-room breakfast requests were met.
The main issues are with administration. Telephone call handling is hit and miss; The 24-hr room service menu is often either unavailable (eg pasta chef on a break from midday to 4pm during Ramadan, so no pasta options) or low stocks (several occasions fruit replacements made for the platter, and without notice).
A few issues with bathroom water - the cold tap is hot & the hot tap hotter!
Overall an enjoyable stay, ideally positioned for the sportplex & wadi adventure & we'll be staying again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Danat Ain Resort is a recently renovated luxurious 5 star Resort nestled in the lush green landscape of the garden city of Al Ain, with three swimming pools, four Tennis and Squash courts in addition to extensive children's activities. as well as an array of food and beverage restaurants, Italian, Indian, Far Eastern and English Pub. Cultural and leisurely activities surround the Resort. A short drive takes you to Al Ain Zoo, Wadi Adventure water park, Hilli fun city, Bawadi mall and Al Ain mall. Al Ain National Museum and Sheikh Zayed National Museum offer glimpses of local culture and history. To experience the best views of the city, a drive up to Jebel Hafeet Mountain is a must. At the foot of the mountain is Green Mubazzarah a collection of hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Danat Al Ain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Danat Al Ain Hotel Al Ain
- Intercontinental Al Ain Hotel
- Danat Al Ain Resort Emirate Of Abu Dhabi