“Fun for children under 8 years old” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 31 things to do in Al Ain
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 attraction reviews
“Fun for children under 8 years old”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

this is young children heaven, and some attractions are actually suitable for parents to join in and enjoy for real.

Visited June 2014

• Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
6 attraction reviews
“Potential to improve”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We have been to Hili Fun City 2 months ago. My wife and our 3 years old daughter tried hard to enjoy the park but unfortunately it was not what we were expecting. Maybe our expectations were too high.

What we liked was the entrance fee which is really reasonable. The number of rides is acceptable. But what made us sad was the staff. I fully understand and respect that Fridays are holy in the UAE which I know from my own culture. But either do not open a park before the employees come back from the prayer and if the park is open then make sure that the employees are supervising the rides. Many rides were not supervised even though the park was open already since 1 hour.

Apart from that I would appreciate if the management would coach the staff on how to deal with 3 years old excited children. If the staff gives orders to children like in the army then I must say this is not fun and not impressive at all for them. Learn from Disneyland or Europa Park or any other park. It is not difficult to give a child the feeling of being welcome.

Foodwise I must agree with some comments made for Hili Fun City. The selection is not great and not healthy at all.

I think there is a lot of potential to improve for Hili Fun City to make it a great park because it is possible.

Visited April 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 attraction reviews
“Fun family day out with young ones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Our 4 and 2 year old loved the afternoon at Al Ain's Hili Fun City. Rides were well maintained and paying a reasonable entry fee and getting all afternoon free rides was amazing value. Staff were friendly and helpful. Great shady spots for picnics on the edge of the park with lots of play equipment for the little ones. Definitely take your own food as choices are limited - KFC and a cafeteria.
It was hot for us (early May) and having the water areas drained for cleaning was a let down as it may have made the day feel cooler but we still had a fun day and will return in the cooler months with friends.

Visited May 2014
Cairo, Egypt
7 attraction reviews
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

It is one of the best destination in Al Ain, even if you dont have kids with you. i have visited there in February and it was already hot so i would recommend visiting it maximum in March especially that it is not all covered. this zoo has a wide collection of animals and large parks for you to enjoy...it is real fun to visit

Visited February 2014
Abu Dhabi
10 attraction reviews
“Good fun for younger kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We went to Hili Fun City over National Day weekend in December, when entrance to the park was free (although you had to pay for each ride), so I'm guessing this was one of their busier weekends. It was certainly packed out, although the queues for most rides were perfectly manageable.

There are around 25 rides, of which around half are suitable for very young children (train & boat rides, carousels etc.), as are a couple of decent playgrounds. Other rollercoasters and stuff are available for to keep slightly older ones entertained, but there are no big thrill rides. This is much more a traditional fairground experience rather than the Disney/Universal theme park. Overall I'd say it's ideal for children aged from around three to twelve.

As it was National Day there was traditional dancing going on in the amphitheatre, and a large heritage village that was a bit more interesting than most if its kind. There was also good fireworks display around 9pm, although I'm not sure if this is a regular event or just for the National Day celebrations.

All this added up to a very enjoyable holiday, atmosphere, and it kept our daughter entertained for a good three to four hours. As is often the case in Al Ain, it's a very "local" experience; in fact I don't think I spotted another western family the whole time we were there.

The food options available are just terrible, pre-cooked and shipped-in KFC being the most wholesome thing we were able to unearth. I'd definitely take a picnic if we went again.

Visited December 2013