“The most beautiful beach in UAE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kempinski Hotel Ajman

You added Kempinski Hotel Ajman to your Saves list
Kempinski Hotel Ajman
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi Street | P.O. Box 3025, Ajman, United Arab Emirates   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Ajman
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“The most beautiful beach in UAE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I spent our holiday to Kempinski hotel in Ajman during the week 21-10 to 28-10. In spite of some negative reviews we found on tripadvisor, we decided to go there as it was the only emirate we did not visit so far. And we did not regret.

First of all, the position of the hotel is excellent and the beach is beautiful. We went for a Club room and stayed on 7th floor. The room was nice, the bathroom needed some update but the cleanliness and the service in the room was perfect. We have used K lounge, the lady there was nice but she needed a bit more of initiative when it comes to fill up the buffet. Anyway, she was a very pleasant lady.

The beach is fantastic, clean, the sea water is transparent and clear and the staff is cleaning the beach non-stop. They were very helpful to find you the sun bed or to bring you the drink.

The food is very tasteful, Italian restaurant is brilliant and the pub has a pleasant atmosphere and music. The coctails are among the best I've ever had. You need also to experience the Zanzibar, wonderful food and the table at the beach, my dreams came true.

I need to mention the front office staff. When we find out that our Holiday agent mislead us with some information, they did their very best to solve the problem. Mr. Youness at the front office was so kind to help us out as well as Mr. Chuks who made the end of our holiday unforgettable. Many members of staff from the other hotels should come here and learn how to meet the guests needs and make them happy.

The only remark is to some members of staff who came from Ukraine (Anna at the gym). They should learn some basic manners at least. However, even her rudeness could not spoil this perfect holiday and our decision to come back to Kempinski for our next holiday.

Well done on all accounts to the management of this lovely place.

Room Tip: Choose a Club room, you can use K lounge and have some drink
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
KempinskiAjman, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ajman, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear SanjaL,

Reading your feedback made me feel once again proud of the members of our staff. This is our utmost priority, to help our guest’s holiday become unforgettable. Thank you very much for your comment. Your positive feedback values our efforts and the remarks help us to improve our service to the guests and make them not regret for coming to our property.
We will be very happy to welcome you hopefully soon as our guest again!

Best Regards from the sunny Ajman,

Nicholas Labhart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Well it is a bit outside of Dubai but profits from a very nice and calm beach with a wonderfull beach bar/restaurant. The room was very nice and a wonderfull view to the sea. The restaurants are all good. If I am down at the emirates, I will go and stay again at this nice hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
KempinskiAjman, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ajman, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear G0urmand01,

I am pleased that your stay with us was memorable and you would like to visit us again. Thank you very much for your feedback and me and my team are looking forward to welcoming you as our guest again!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed for the weekend on a voucher deal which included breakfast and dinner. Check in was good, received a welcome drink and cold towel. Room and bathroom were very nice; all rooms have a sea view. Evening buffet at Cafe Kranzler was basic to say the least. Not very impressive. Not much selection and not great quality. This is the main restaurant which is way too small to cater for hotel guests at peak occupancy. We had to wait 10 minutes for a table at 7:30pm. At breakfast it was so busy there were people sat at tables in the corridor leading to the restaurant! Again the quality and selection was not very good. Happy hour in the World Cup bar was good as the staff are very attentive. Complimentary popcorn, crisps and nuts as well. The pool area is small for a hotel in the UAE. Pool bar is well serviced by friendly staff. The hotel is beautifully appointed inside from the lobby to the rooms, but looks tired on the outside. On the downside, I had emailed the hotel twice before arrival about an upgrade as it was my wife's birthday, but I never received a reply. This was very poor customer service. However, we will return as it is only an hours drive from Dubai, but seems a world away from the city when you are there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JulesAVFC,

I am very thankful for your comment and feedback. Our utmost priority is to assure a memorable stay for our guests and according to it we are always endeavor to improve our service. My apologies that you never received a reply to your e- mail, this should not happen. Nevertheless I am glad to hear that you would like to visit us again and that your stay in our property was relaxing, away from the city.
We are looking forward to hopefully welcoming you as our guest soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here on a Friday night and enjoyed the relaxed beach resort feel. The public beach is in awesome state, the sand is great, the facilities and service at beach and pool very good and the service in their buffet restaurant very friendly.

I would come back for a short break, no fuss, just relaxing.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear franck_hesse,

It is a pleasure to hear that your expectations have been met! We are thankful for your comment and I and my team are delighted, that our effort helped you to enjoy a relaxed weekend.
Hopefully we will be welcoming you soon again as our guest!

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We bought a deal voucher for a night inc breakfast and dinner which was a fairly good deal..WE reached at 3 pm only to be told that the room was not ready and would take an hour plus and had no option but to be outside on the beach.With no place no unpack bags for swim wear and sunscreens it was a bit clumsy and irritating.Finally when we got the room,the bathroom drain overflowed with the stink unbearable.Though it was fixed by helpful and friendly staff.
Considering it was a birthday surprise for me by my husband about which hotel staff had been previously notified,it was a bad start,
The rooms are comfortable and the sea views are amazing.

Room Tip: all the rooms are sea facing but the higher floors offer stunning sea views.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
KempinskiAjman, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Ajman, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Shillpi J,

Thank you very much for your feedback, which helps us to improve the service to our guests, our utmost priority.
My sincerest apologies for the spoiled birthday surprise, for sure we could have shown more susceptibility to the situation to save your first impression and to ensure a memorable experience. According to our aim to enhance our performance I would appreciate an e-mail to nicholas.labhart@kempinski.com, to discuss your points personally.
Hoping to welcome you again as our guests and to have the opportunity to show our best side!

Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was visiting on business and my meeting was in nearby Sharjah. I was excited about staying as had always had the impression that Kempinski was "the" top luxury hotel brand in the world, and I paid a reasonable price. The hotel is about 20-30 mins from Dubai airport in a normal taxi. It was about £20 from memory. I arrived at about 9am, and it was my mistake that I did not request an early check in. Apparently a room was not available and they could not move me to a room in the same class, only to a more expensive room at more cost. Then he decided I could have a room in the same class, but would have to pay a surcharge, which was 600 Dhs, more than my room rate itself. He then revised this to 400 Dhs when I queried it, because "oh yes sir, that rate was for 2 people, and you are only one person" (like he had only just noticed). It did not give me a good first impression of the hotel. He should have been trained just to tell me the situation, clearly and concisely. Instead I was left feeling he was trying to extract as much money as possible from me, like I was in a souk. In the end I showered in the spa area which was fine.
Apart from the lobby, the whole hotel is in dire need of an overhaul. It is so old-fashioned. When I checked into the room after my meetings, it was very "classical" style. But it was comfortable and wifi worked well. The room looked over the pool area and the beach. I went for a drink with my customer and passed by the pool and beach, heading for "Zanzibar", their beach bar. The pool and beach are nice, to be fair. Zanzibar was poorly signposted. When we finally got there, we were told there was a private party and we had to go back to the hotel. We had a beer outside, again the tables and chairs were tired old rattan, with sun-bleached cushions. The draught beer was cloudy so we sent it back for bottles instead. At around £5 per pint (the going rate in UAE), you expect better. We ate in the chinese restaurant in the hotel. The food was good, although the waitresses were filling our glasses every 2 minutes. They were only trying to help, but it becomes overbearing. As a general point I do not like to be treated like some sort of lord, just pleasant, courteous and helpful staff is perfect, but here they act like your slaves and I feel sorry for them. We went into the bar after the meal, again it was old-fashioned. I stayed at the Radisson on Yas Island the night after and it was excellent. I think the Kempinski just needs a full overhaul, but it would cost millions. By the way, if you are heading into Dubai, don't set off before 10.30am, as the main road in is like a car park.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear PhilExport,

Thank you very much for finding time and writing your feedback. It is too bad that you didn’t get a positive first impression of our hotel and I would like to apologize for that. In order to improve our service, comments like yours are very helpful. I would really appreciate it, if you would contact me at nicholas.labhart@kempinski.com, so we will be able to discuss your points personally.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hotel is rundown, it seems they had renovated some rooms but unfortunately the room we were given was an old 3 star standard (nothing like the pictures), I was disappointed, the bed was not that comfortable, and the bedding was not climate controlled> The bathroom was also a 3 star, old, the bathtub was small with rust and sewage smell. we were only given 2 towels which were old and small, not the big size that it is usually provided by a 5 star hotel. I was shocked there is not kettle in the room. I requested one but no coffee or tea provided.

The facilities are not that great either, only one smallish adults swimming pool, and a kids swimming pool which was really cold for being september, it was not climate controlled, my baby was freezing. The big plus is the nice beach, although lots of construction around.

The issue that made me really angry was that we went for dinner to the buffet restaurant, the only place I could actually go with a 1-year old baby, and we were not allowed the entry because my husband was wearing shorts. There were other 4 families having the same problem so we asked them to call the manager, some lady came and insisted the dress code was "smart casual", which definition was "long pants for men", there were ladies with shorts inside, and even men with sweat pants and crocs inside, but my husband even tough was wearing a nice knee length short with a nice shirt was denied access. We (us and the other 4 families) had a long fight with the so called manager as nobody told us during the booking process that we had to bring pants for men, all of us were UAE residents used to staying in 5 star hotels (hilton, rotana, atlantis) and never encountered such a silly rule, we were there to relax for the weekend no for meetings, how can they expect us to bring pants?. The discussion lasted for a long time, my poor son was screaming and crying hungry and they didnt care, they said they would allow me to go in but not my husband, also the other families had children, where else could we eat?. They finally let us in the in the patio in the heat even though we had small children, they treated us like 3rd class citizens. They lady manager kept insisted that it was the standard for a 5 star hotel, but that is not the case as we have been to many other much better 5 star hotels, plus the hotel's rooms and facilities are not really 5 star, so everything contradicts.
I wont ever go back there, I can go to better hotels for same or less money where they really know how to treat people and are family friendly.

Room Tip: ask for renovated rooms as the other ones are really old
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear imolinar,

I am very thankful for your comment, it helps us to recognize problems and eliminate them according to our try to improve the services of Kempinski Hotel Ajman. Please accept my sincerest apology and I would really appreciate it, if you send me an email to nicholas.labhart@kempinski.com so I can come back to you with a personal reply.

With sunny greetings from Ajman,
Nicholas Labhart

Been to Kempinski Hotel Ajman? Share your experiences!