“Love it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of White Sands Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Amagansett
White Sands Resort
You added White Sands Resort to your Saves list
28 Shore Road, Amagansett, NY 11930   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Amagansett
Milford, Connecticut
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

Spent 4 glorious days at the White Sands and cannot wait to go back. Love that it is a small place, immaculately clean, comfortable bed and a GORGEOUS beach. The perennial gardens are magnficent, too. Omar and the staff couldn't be nicer.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable and directly on the ocean
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2007

The location is nice and the property is okay, but the service and management ruin this place. Our room was not as clean as you would expect and we had no hot water for two full days. I called and alerted the front desk but nothing happenned. Upon check out, the front desk seemed shocked that I was dissatisfied and that I wanted some kind of compensation. They tried to find the manager but couldn't. When I asked for the manager's name so I could call back I was told that the manager didn't like her name given out as she didn't like to be associated with the resort. I was told that they would call me after talking to her. Well, it's two weeks now and no one has called.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the service
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
pelham NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2007

This place is beautiful. The room we stayed in was in one of the kitchenette units( we did not have a beach view) however, we didn't mind because it was so quite and we had our own private deck with lounge chairs. The kitchen in the unit is small of couse but it was fine for our purpose. They also had grills, towels, unbrellas and beach chairs for the guests to use. Everything was new and clean. The neighborhood that the resort is located in is also very nice. We were able to walk around and drive into Montauk or Amagansett for meals. The woman at the front desk was so kind and helpful, real hospitality. We did a lot of driving and saw many other hotels/motels. None of them looked like a place we'd want to stay at. We're so lucky to have found this hidden treasue. We're already planning our next trip back.

We also recommend dining at Pacific East (Caution: the Kobe Steak is to die for but so is the price $200) and the mexican restaurant in Amagansett is the best mexican you'll ever have, high quality, very reasonable prices and the best mojitos.

• Liked — Hospitality and Location
  • Disliked — The configuration of the living room furniture was akward
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2007

We stayed here for two nights the weekend after Labor Day, when rates fall. Weather was spectacular and the beach is just stunning. Such a peaceful place to relax. We had our windows open all night listening to the waves.

I think the value for this room (two queen beds, fully equipped kitchenette and dining table) was fantastic for this area. We met a few older couples (70s?) that were there as well- they say they come back to White Sands every year. I can see why.

The place was very well kept, the staff very friendly and accomodating.

I can't wait to go back with my children- this would be a great family vacation spot.

• Liked — Proximity to outstanding beach, large room with kitchenette and dining table
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
New York, Ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2006

The White Sands Resort is located on a private beach 4 miles outside of Amagansett. The setting is spectacular, and management has done a marvelous job in landscaping the motel in such a way that it is serene. The rooms are immaculate, and there's no fear of mildew, which is quite common in beach areas. And the beach is right there, often outside your window. The only disappointment is that the managers planned a birthday party for a child, with speakers, one Saturday afternoon, without advising guests. The noise was such that we had to leave the premises--management was not at all fazed, or apologetic, about this. And the walls between units are a bit thin. Paradise, as such, has its drawbacks.

• Stayed June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2006

I love it, I did not want to go back home! The view is fantastic, ther is no other hotel in the area as close to the ocean as this is. It is samll but peacefull, the room are neat new efficiencies, the sound of the ocean just meakes the night.

• Stayed May 2006
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2006

If you are looking for a motel room, with kitchenette, so close to the beach the roar of the ocean sometimes keeps you awake (when the waters are rough) this is the place to be. There are a lot of B&Bs and condo units in the Hamptons charging $100 to $300 MORE per night and are not even close to the water. Alonso and Omar are very nice and the cleaning staff are accomodating. I stayed in ocean front room for 7 nights toward the end of September. The weather was consistently good - only rained two days during my stay and because my stay was after Labor Day the rooms were off season. I have found a lot of value reading reviews on Trip Advisor so I thought I would pass along my experience - I'm sorry - why stay at a Dunes Resort (Ocean Colony) where you rent someone's condo - paper thin walls, for double the price (did that in 2004)? It took me a while to find this place - it doesn't come up when you Google it, but its worth looking into. They overbooked the rooms toward the end of my stay and PAID for me and my friends to stay at another place because they felt bad about kicking us out. I love this place.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to White Sands Resort? Share your experiences!