“Top Notch Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Zaporizhzhya
Israel
“Top Notch Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

One simple sentence - it couldn't be better - describes it all.

I'm a seasoned traveler across the globe with many hundreds, if not thousands, of stays at all types of hotels.

This is an outstanding hotel. Unfortunately, I spent only one night there. I thoroughly enjoyed every single aspect of my stay.

I long for more and will do my best to return as soon as possible.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Claus T, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Zaporozhye Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Ariel857,

thank you for staying with us, and thank you very much for your high praise and evaluation of our hotel!

I am very happy to read that you had such a great experience with us, and we are looking forward to welcoming you, hopefully for a longer stay next time, back in Zaporozhye and in our hotel.

With my best personal regards & wishes for a great week

Claus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kyiv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Generally, agree with others that the Four Points is a very good hotel. Our room (11th floor) was very nice, with a wonderful bed and huge shower. Good TV selection nice robe, slippers.

They have a fitness center and sauna, but no pool, which is a pity. Did not try the restaurant, as we felt that the breakfast charge of $21 per person was excessive, especially given the city.

Housekeeping fights a continuous battle with dust. Zaporizhye is an industrial city, and dust filters through easily. Nevertheless, the hotel is very clean. After two years, the hotel still feels new.

Tip: Call the hotel before booking online. We were told that we would have had free breakast and a cheaper room if ee had called, instead of using an online agency.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Claus T, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Zaporozhye Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear ExpatUA,

thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your comments and evaluation of our hotel. I am happy to see that you have had an enjoyable stay in our hotel and that we met your expectations. I appreciate your detailed feedback which helps us to improve on our services offered.

To take advantage of special offers and packages, including "early booking, breakfast inclusive, weekend rates amongst others", it is recommendable to book directly with the hotel or through our website [http://www.fourpointszaporozhye.com], rather then through an online agency.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel, with my best personal reagrds and wishes for a great week

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We just spent 6 days in this hotel, as we were visiting the Zaporozhye area to explore some family history sites. The staff at the hotel are super warm & friendly as well as professional and competent, and they all speak English quite well. Right from the manager, Jaffar, to the front desk staff and the bar & restaurant staff, everyone was really nice and very helpful.

I forgot my SD card for my DSLR camera, no problem, Jaffar loaned the card from his own camera for me to use during our stay. Similarly, getting help to book a boat cruise on the river, to printing boarding passes, everything was ``no problem``. The restaurant was very good, I recommended the steak, the chicken fricassee, the Mediterranean salad AND the apple pie!
I also highly recommend the Italian restaurant Villa Oliva, located a short walk from the hotel. A great spot, especially sitting on the patio in the evening.

This Four Points is definitely of a higher standard than the ones in Canada, more similar to a Sheraton. It is THE place to stay in Zaporozhye.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room overlooking the Dnieper River.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Claus T, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Zaporozhye Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Bergen,

thank you very much for your review of our hotel, your comments left, and the time taken to evaluate our services. I am very happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to match your expectations.

I am especially happy to see your review about the friendliness and helpfulness of our associates in the different areas of our hotel. I will pass on your comments to all concerned and am confident that these will serve as further motivation to our associates.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future in our hotel

With my best wishes

NAIROBI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were two from Kenya on a business trip to Ukraine and our counterparts had booked this hotel for us. Our duration of stay was to be 11 days, from 5th February 2013.Due to the nature of our business, we would normally arrive late at the hotel. Things took a bad turn when on the 5th night we arrived to find our rooms access keys blocked, apparently due to having exceeded the credit limit. To cut a long story short, the supervisor on duty handled us badly and we decided to settle the invoice the next day and seek an alternative hotel.
I did not expect a brand like Sheraton to treat customers the way we were treated.
The facilities are great but i believe customer care training is needed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Claus T, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Zaporozhye Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Mr. Beuchi,

thank you very much for your comments left regarding your stay at our hotel, and bringing this issue to my attention.

My sincere apologies that this incident has occured; I will evaluate together with our Front office team and the supervisor present that day to review the procedure in question in order to avoid a reoccurence for the future, as this is certainly not representing our companies values.

Should you return to Zaporozhye in the future, i would appreciate the opportunity for a personal meeting to discuss the incident with you and would welcome if you would contact me via our reception or via email to arrange such a meeting.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed there to hunt for possible relatives, and to celebrate my birthday. The staff there were very helpful, and tried to track down possible relatives with no luck. Dined at the Flavors restaurant which had delicious borscht with beef, and excellent tasting risotto with prawns.
The business center did not have printers to use so, that was very inconvenient. I did not like the stationary bikes in the fitness center which were not very comfortable.
It was very nice of the staff to give me a free birthday cake. It is a shame that this hotel does not have access to a SPG phone number for free phone calls for guest's reservations, and concerns.
The only way to get a hold of SPG was thru live chat on-line.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Globetrotter 10079,

thank you very much for your review and evaluation of the services received at our hotel. I am happy to read that our associates were helpful, but tried in vain unfortunately, to track down possible relatives. I am equally happy to read that you enjoyed dinner in our restaurant.

My apologies for not being able to provide a free phone SPG number, but as far as i know toll free calling is not provided by our telephone operator. Thank you for your suggestion regarding a printer in our business center corner; certainly a recommendation I will evaluate and will try to rectify for the future.

Looking forward to receiving you back in the future in our hotel

Balki, Zaporiz'ka Oblast', Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have a large family (five children) and the wonderful people at Four Points in Zaporozhye treated us like we were their own family! We cannot say enough about the kindness of all the staff. They really made our stay so enjoyable and relaxing. The breakfast buffet was a special treat for all us us and all the servers and even the chefs were so kind and helpful! The food was delicious and served so attractively. It was exceptional! Definitely the best breakfast you'll find in Zaporozhye! If you stay at Four Points, be sure to make time for the sauna. It's very luxurious and our family loved it.
A special thank you to the front desk manager, Ghaffar, who treated us like royalty. What a wonderful young man - but we could say the same for all the staff who were so helpful and polite.
Thanks for a great stay! We will recommend you highly!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the river! What a gorgeous view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Claus T, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Zaporozhye Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Mr. Sobie,

it has been a pleasure to have you and your family again as our guests in Zaporozhye. We highly appreciate your evaluation of our services and that you thouroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to all of our associates and I am sure they will be excited to receive this recognition too.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future with your family

Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

It was very nice to stay at Four Points by Sheraton in Zaporozhye.
We spend me and my parents a great vacation there as the hotel stuff is extremely friendly plus the hotel rooms are clean and comfortable.
The hotel stuff is extremely helpful especially we were accommodated by an excellent Egyptian manager there named (Ahmed Gaffar) - He helped us find our lost bag while we were traveling plus he has helped us rent taxis to move there in the city.
It was really a very nice trip:)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Claus T, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Zaporozhye Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Sir,

thank you very much for your comments and review left about our hotel. It is a pleasure hearing that our associates contributed in making your vacation a great & memorable one.

I am equally happy to read your comments about our Front Office Manager Ghaffar who assisted you in the unfortunate issue with your lost bag, and I am sure he will appreciate the comment as well.

Looking forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future

Claus

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Zaporozhye Hotel? Share your experiences!