“Good experience at Entebbe Flight Motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Entebbe Flight Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Entebbe
Entebbe Flight Motel
Plot 20 Queens Road | P.O Box 259, Entebbe, Uganda   |
Ranked #15 of 20 hotels in Entebbe
Jackson, Wyoming
“Good experience at Entebbe Flight Motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

As I had read before I came, the Entebbe Flight Motel is a bit strange, but overall was a good experience. The staff picked us up at the airport (they had a sign with our names on it), and took us straight to the motel. Our room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was adequate, and we had dinner there one night and the buffet was good.

The overall set up of the Entebbe Flight Motel is a bit odd with the shell of the bigger future renovation looming over the smaller current structure. The staff were very kind and helpful though.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I'm a little baffled reading these other reviews, honestly. This was not what I experienced.

My stay (Feb 2012) was very short, but enough to experience this place. The whole thing is just a construction site with dust and construction materials everywhere. The current rooms have stained and moldy carpet, smelly old furniture, and sub-standard bathrooms. Front desk staff was incredibly rude and unpleasant.

Restaurant was filthy, though food tasted okay. Had been in Uganda for two weeks, but this was the only place that gave me diarrhea. At least the restaurant staff was very friendly. $7 USD for dinner buffet.

Place seemed to be experiencing a plague of moths of biblical proportions. All of my baggage came home with dead moths inside.

Not a pleasant place, and not a great bargain for $30 USD. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: The best room you can get is one not located at this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Islamabad, Pakistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

A nice economy hotel with reasonably clean rooms and attached bathrooms. Single room for 25 and double for 30 US dollars (breakfast NOT included). It is located on Entebbe-Kigali Road, closer to airport and Hotel transport is available (Free of Cost) for pick and drop to the airport and even to the UN headquarters. Staff is good and carry ur luggage to and from the rooms. They have buffet Lunch and Dinner available in reasonably good price (though I did not had any of that). There new building is under construction since long time. Four Point Restaurant (a nice restaurant in Entebbe) is at a 5 minutes Walk down towards the airport.

• Stayed December 2011
Brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

There are so many weird times of flying in and out of Entebbe airport that I've stayed at this motel more than 4 times now.
The motel is old, the beds are old, the restaurant is...plastic but good food (I thought their dinner buffet was excellent actually - or maybe I was really hungry).
But its CLEAN - FRIENDLY and CONVENIENT. Free shuttle, timely service.

They are building an exctention for more than 3 years now... not sure what will change when that's finished, but it might solve their 'oldness' problem.

Last time my biggest challenge was the room at the other end of the motel. It's a real maze :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I stayed here 2 non-consecutive nights-the night I arrived and the day I left Uganda. I met up with my daughter and her fiance(fiance when I arrived, husband when I left!:) The rooms were clean, bathroom had a sink, flushing toilet, and a stand up shower(no curtain, but it was fine) I had never been our of my country(USA) before so I didn't know what to expect. I slept well, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was worried about mosquitos before I came, but I only saw one at breakfast. None in the room. Breakfast was toast/jam and tea/juice, not much but it was sufficient. They have an airport shuttle bus that is complimentary which worked out great. It looks like it was under construction at some point and they never finished, so the outside looks a little shabby, but it didn't matter to me-the only bad thing I would say is on my day before I left, the room didn't have a seat for the toilet, inconvenient, but I had seen worse during my trip, so, it was workable! When I go back to visit my daughter/husband again, I will stay here!

Room Tip: Maybe just make sure your toilet has a seat?
  • Stayed April 2011
East Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

I've stayed in the Flight Motel now on three different occasions (in August 2005, January 2008, and January 2011), and I've always had very comfortable stays. That said, my last stay was a bit of disappointment, not because the hotel has become terribly deficient, but because I know it has seen better days.

The hotel obviously started on a major renovation about 3-4 years ago, but seems to have abandoned those plans. As a results, much of the (originally lovely) little hotel is surrounded by an unfinished, multistory concrete hulk. The rooms have also showed some signs of age.

That said, I was pleased that I was able to make a last-minute reservation (because of an unexpectedly late-arriving flight in Entebbe), and was greeted by a staff person at the airport at a very late hour. (The free shuttle to and from the airport is quite reliable.) The hotel is pretty much as close to the airport as you can get, which makes it extremely convenient for late-arriving and early-departing flights.

The breakfast was also a bit less extensive than I remember it being (i.e., no eggs--just toast and a choice of pineapple or watermelon, plus hot beverages), but it is inclusive, and the price for the entire night plus breakfast is quite reasonable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010 via mobile

me and my husband stayed here it was so comfortable n clean we will stay here again 6027172760

• Stayed January 2010

Been to Entebbe Flight Motel? Share your experiences!