“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Boma

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Entebbe
The Boma
You added The Boma to your Saves list
Plot 20A, Gowers Road, Entebbe, Uganda   |
Ranked #5 of 34 Entebbe B&B and Inns
Cape Town, South Africa
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Numerous friends had recommended the Boma to me as a great stop-off whenever you have a few hours to spare before taking a flight, and I am so glad I did stop here! I was made to feel so welcome by the staff, Patrick in particular was fantastic. He is by far the most professional individual I have met in any establishment in Uganda. I felt like a bit of a fraud only coming to lounge around their beautiful pool and read my book in the cosy lounging area without actually staying the night, but it was no trouble for them. It was the most relaxing and delightful day without the usual stresses of trying to reach the airport on time. I had a delicious and filling lunch and very good dinner. The menu is simple but presentation and taste are great. The staff even allowed me to make use of the airport transfer, at a small cost, which was fine, so I arrived for my flight totally refreshed and relaxed. Thank you so much! I will definitely stay longer on my next visit.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I've been staying with The Boma on and off for over four years. The proof in their success is the rate at which they've physically grown and the increasing difficulty I have getting a reservation. The food is good, the rooms are comfortable, the people are friendly and the decor is an interesting Ugandan/European fusion. I recommend this place to all of my colleagues. If you're starting your trip Uganda, this is where you want to stay to get a great start. If you're finishing a trip in Uganda this is the place to clean up and wind down.

It's a little hard to find them at airport pickups, so check your eyes peeled. I also wish they would accept all major credit cards, but I'm sure this will come with time.

Room Tip: I like them all.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

A friend found The Boma on a Tripadvisor forum and what a gem! I'd been searching for a place with character and service in Entebbe, and The Boma is perfect! The property is immaculate, the rooms are very comfortable (no air condition in the room I was in, but I didn't need it), and the staff are very friendly.

This place has a real charm, and even though it's small, you have a choice of where to eat - overlooking the pool, or overlooking the spacious front grounds. There is a gazebo for relaxing in under the trees, a playground for children, a pool, a gift shop, and a private car and driver you can hire.

The food is really good too, and there's wifi - all the things one needs, within a place that really makes you feel like you're in Africa, and not in a character-less hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Berkhamsted
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

After the flight from the UK via Nairobi arriving here was a wonderful experience. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was everything we could have hoped.
There are bicycles for hire and I would certainly recommend doing this as it is a great way to go down to the botanical gardens and Lake Victoria's shoreside.
That said the gardens and the pool provide a very tranquil environment with plenty of bird life to watch. It was a great starting point on our trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Basel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Friendly, helpful staff, nice location, good food....a quiet nice place in Entebbe where you can calm down from the busy life of Kampala or Entebbe. Worth to stay there and to test it out!
The rooms are clean and well accomodated. All in all we were pleased to stay at the Boma Lodge!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

After a hectic week in Entebbe working for Amazing Children Uganda, it was lovely to be able to wind down for a day here at the Boma before my flight back to London. This matches up with my idea of what a small African hotel or guest house should be like. Lots of thoughtful touches (done with the convenience of the guest rather than the hotel in mind); lovely setting and ambience; comfortable and clean rooms; good food and a well stocked bar; and delightfully friendly staff. I will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 30th anniversary and her 60th with a trip round Uganda. Our first night upon arrival at Entebbe and last night before a very early start were at The Boma. What a treat! The gardens and pool are fantastic and a bonus was being able to photograph a couple of birds that we had hunted for on our trip (parrots and gonolek). The service was excellent and we loved the food. Thank you for making us feel so welcome. The Boma will be on our itinerary on our next trip to Uganda. Thanks for making us so welcome. Chris and Auriel Thorpe

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Boma? Share your experiences!