“Tranquility and style at the Boma!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Boma

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Entebbe
The Boma
You added The Boma to your Saves list
Plot 20A, Julia Sebutinde Road, Entebbe, Uganda   |
Ranked #4 of 28 Entebbe B&B and Inns
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Tranquility and style at the Boma!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I enjoyed a very comfortable stay at the Boma on 4th June with a warm welcome, comfortable room, delicious supper followed by breakfast the following morning. The ambience is delightful with the feeling of a country home. Lovely gardens and swimming pool. Fast internet connection and streamlined airport transfer to the Departure Terminal at Entebbe airport only 6 minutes away. Highly recommended for arrival or departure stays or a stay of several days... whatever suits your arrangements.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at the Boma in 2011 and this year (2013). The Boma is a gem and it's is always comforting just knowing I will be there within ten minutes of leaving Entebbe Airport. The staff are a perfect reflection of the Boma - warm, welcoming and helpful. In 2012 we were unable to stay at the Boma, however, we still went to visit and have a lovely meal by the pool.
Beautiful surroundings, comfortable rooms, great food, excellent hospitality, lovely pool.
PERFECT!
It's ALWAYS hard to leave. Big thanks to the Team Boma.
Elaine from UKHF.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in May. I had sent an email to them but didnt receive a reply so I was a bit worried when I arrived that I might not have a booking. A friend of mine called them from the airport and they confirmed that rooms were available. Check in at the Boma was efficient and the reception staff, Patrick, was most informative and very professional. My room was a standard double bed room. Large king bed and a little veranda with 2 chairs and table. The room was modestly appointed but it had everything you need, fan, safe, TV, table and chair, bedside tables etc. The room was impeccably clean and overall I was very impressed. It is a very African style of room, ie painted floors, louver windows and mosquito screens on windows and large mosquito net on the bed.

The rate was $110 per day which include a full continental and cooked breakfast. Fresh juices, eggs of your choice with bacon, sausages, great coffee and teas including local Ugandan tea. Rooms all have internet access and the internet speed was satisfactory although skype calls were a bit poor quality, this is just a part of being in Africa.

Evening meals are varied with a little bit of everything. I found the quality of the food to be excellent, you must try the pork chops with mustard or pepper sauce and all meals are very reasonably priced and again top quality.

Staff are very attentive and friendly and I felt like I was a regular guest as I felt right at home. I will definately stay here again when I visit Entebbe.

Room Tip: Room 12 gets a little bit of noise from people going up to the pool area but really it was hardly no...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at the Boma on our first 2 nights on arrival in Uganda and for the last night before leaving for home.The staff are well trained ,polite and very helpful .The rooms are clean with a fan and the food was the best we had during our 8 nights in the country. Cocktails by the pool went down a storm with the girls.The airport pick up service is very welcome after a long flight.If I was heading back to Uganda this would be my first choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We spent two nights at The Boma and have nothing negative to say. The rooms were clean, staff were friendly and so helpful, and food was the best I had in Uganda (and Kenya)! Try the veggie wrap if you like falafels. One tip for travellers though - bring earplugs with you to muffle out the rooster next door ;)

We will definitely be back to this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Karlsruhe, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have stayed in the nearby Lake Victoria Hotel several times, but this time I was put in this wonderful small hotel by the people I was visiting in Entebbe for work. Definitely the place to stay if you can afford it. I paid USD120 per night (single occupancy) for my - very pleasant - room. The room had a double bed, and a nice small verandah. The service and food were excellent, and the leafy, shaded gardens lovely. Lots of birds and a nice small swimming pool. They picked me up from the airport and took me back there too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Gaborone, Botswana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Boma is a real gem in Entebbe and definitely worth a visit. We travelled with our two boys aged 4 & 6...the food is great, the pool is sparkling clean and the grounds are really well kept and have little private areas where one can escape to with a good book! The rooms we stayed in was spacious, clean & had a fan that helped to keep the temperature down. The service at the Boma was exceptional and nothing we asked for was a problem at all…including transport & advice about things to do in and around Entebbe.

The location close to the airport is a bonus!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Boma? Share your experiences!