“Perfect safari experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Backpack Uganda - Private Day Adventures

Backpack Uganda - Private Day Adventures
Plot 130 Bishop Dunstan Nsubuga Road | +256 773 196 729, Entebbe P.O.Box 455, Uganda
+(256)773196729
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 12 Attractions in Entebbe
Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
“Perfect safari experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I was introduced to Backpack Uganda through a friend who lives in Entebbe. My husband and I could not be happier with our decision to book a 3 day safari in Queen Elizabeth Park with Marc.

I honestly have nothing negative to say about the entire experience - from the quick and easy email communication when booking, to being dropped back off at our B&B.

All of my emails were returned promptly, and when my bank made an error and transferred the deposit twice, he let me know right away.

The vehicle we took to the park was new, clean, and spacious. He was a safe driver (which, if you've ever been driving in Africa, you know is nothing to take for granted). On each of our game drives, we were the last to leave the park at night and the first to arrive in the morning - giving us great opportunities for peaceful moments and great photography with animals. Marc demonstrated a great deal of knowledge and caring for the country, the park, and the animals - its obvious he's not just in this business to make money. When 3 or 4 other safari vehicles got close enough to a group of 4 elephants to elicit a warning trumpet from a young male - ours dropped back 50 feet and we waited. As a result, long after the other vehicles had left, we got to watch the entire herd slowly make their way down the road.

If you are considering a safari in Uganda, I strongly suggest contacting Backpack Uganda. There are a lot of foreign/massive tour companies vying for your money, but supporting a small AND local business is a great way to enjoy a beautiful country and participate in building its economy.

Visited April 2014