“Ok stay close to the zoo” 3 of 5 stars

Imperial Golf View Hotel
Lugard Avenue | P O Box 90, Entebbe, Uganda   |
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Entebbe
Bergen, Norway
“Ok stay close to the zoo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Golf view only 5 mins walk to the zoo, wifi available for an extra cost good breakfast and a friendly staff. This hotel has no swimmingpool but you are offered to use a pool nearby. Transport to the airport cost an extra 30 usd.

• Stayed June 2012

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

we were on this holiday with friends who were born in Uganda but had been exiled back in the 70's, we stayed in Entebbe for one night and we decided on this hotel...there were very many hotels and guesthouses but this one felt spacious, open and welcoming....prices were a bit steep $150 per night compared to the facilities available, well no onsite pool and i could see a gym or spa, for the wife, we have stayed in many hotels for around the same price but with far more exclusivity and facilities onsite, saying this we slept well and the place was tidy and clean, there was plenty of hot water and we were strategically located near all other amenities....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I only stayed in one 'proper' Hotel during my two weeks in Uganda (rest of time in Backpackers or Guest Houses) & as such can't really compare it with other large Hotels in the country. My rating is based on comparisons to other large Hotels I have stayed in during visits to other countries. We arrived really late at night (after 11.00pm). Check-in didn't take too long, although our Receptionist lacked any social skills & I had to ask for clarification on a few occasions. Fortunately our Porter was lovely & helpful, putting on our air con & showing us around the room. The room itself was huge with one large double bed & a single (I was staying there with my 2 daughters). It was clean & tidy and the decor was fine. The air con worked well which was a bonus. The bathroom was OK, although one of the taps on the sink didn't work. The shower was quite good, warm & relatively powerful.

Checking out the next morning took a lot longer as we had booked via Expedia & the Hotel wouldn't hold the rate Expedia had confirmed. Part of my payment had gone to the reservation centre at Internationalvacation.com & the balance was to be paid to the Hotel, but I ended up paying approx £25 more than I expected which I still need to follow up with Expedia as the Hotel wouldn't budge on it despite my printed confirmation!

In the daylight the Hotel looked really nice & the lobby was very tastefully decorated. It is only a 10 minute walk to one of the main roads to get a taxi if you don't pre book one, so the location appears to be pretty good too. Perhaps I should have rated it 3.5!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Invercargill, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I value genuine friendliness above all the gifts of hospitality - the staff at the Golf View were lovely and made phone calls on their own cellphones for me as I didn't yet have a Uganda SIM. The grounds are large, there are many conference areas, room and breakfast were fine, location is handy -

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

If you are traveling to Uganda most likely you will land in Entebbe. You should be prepared to find that things are not quite the way you planned. I have found that the people are great but the differences between the way I think and the way they think are pretty noticeable. I would suggest if you have been traveling very long that you get some before heading out to your final destination. I have found that the overall trip will have been much easier if you start with a good nights rest and some leisure time in the yard of the Imperial Golf View Hotel. You will find it a short distance from the airport with very easy access. The staff are all very friendly and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. I have enjoyed many days sitting at a table in the backyard of the Hotel enjoying a cold soft drink and watching the people walk by. Their is a nice view of Lake Victoria. You will see several interesting birds and the occasional monkey will drop in. The hotel serves some great meals and offers many services that will make your stay a better experience. I have been staying there off and on for about four years and I have found them very honest with no surprises. The only negative experience I have had was due to a wedding that included very loud music and lasted very late into the night. I could probably have changed rooms to escape the noise but I chose not to. I am very happy with this hotel. There is internet and computers for a fee but it is a very slow connection. You will have to have patience and you might find a faster computer at one of the internet cafe's, but it probably would not be that much faster to make it worth leaving the hotel.
Danny Cunningham W.V. USA

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Been to Imperial Golf View Hotel? Share your experiences!