“Beautiful hotel and gardens” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sunset Entebbe

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Entebbe
Sunset Entebbe
You added Sunset Entebbe to your Saves list
Plot 25 Church Road, Entebbe, Uganda (Formerly Sunset Motel Entebbe)   |
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Entebbe
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful hotel and gardens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I was impressed by Sunset hotel, the building and the quality of the rooms. The whole building is beautifully decorated and the rooms are really nice. There is a continental/mediterranean flavour mixed with African influences. The room was clean.

The staff were friendly and happy to help. The gardens are a great place to hang around with a drink, a book, etc.

The only negative aspect about the hotel was the bathroom we had was small and the design and location of the shower meant when having a shower water was splashed everywhere in the bathroom: floor, toilet, mirror, etc.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would definitely go back if I had to stay in Entebbe - although next time I may check the bathroom.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We arrived in Entebbe late at night. And after the long flight from NYC through Amsterdam the hotel personnel and van was waiting for us. Wow, with our 15 bags of luggage for an orphanage they got us to the hotel in record time, and we were sound asleep in no time. I can not say enough about the clean hotel, the pick up from the airport and the very nice breakfast in the morning except like the rest of Uganda it was great, Absolutely wonderful and they made us feel like we were home with them.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Edinburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The place was nice and clean. Very comfortable. Good meals. The staff is helpful and very friendly. We were close to the airport and transportation was provided when it was time to leave. The grounds were also nice. Olive and her staff are wonderful. I enjoyed a 10 day safari and Olive made all of the arrangements. Every place was nice, clean and had good staff members. The driver for the safari was very nice, friendly and I felt safe and that I was in good hands having him. I am ready to go back!!

Room Tip: My room was right off of the lobby and it was fine. I didn't hear noise from outside the room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

It's a good option for a few nights in Entebbe if you are looking for something basic. Good quality for what you pay. Rooms are basic, with a fan, and a decent breakfast. It's very popular among UN staff (UNVs).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Good clean place to spend a night or several. Well located in a quiet residential area but within walking distance of Entebbe town centre and easy access to and from airport. Security was good, my room was very clean, bedding and towels changed daily. My room had recently been refurbished, was simply but pleasantly furnished and amenities worked fine (hot water shower and wall-mounted fan over net-covered bed).
Breakfast buffet style with ample choice. Pleasant guest lounge with satellite tv. WiFi worked ok even in the large well-kept garden. Staff were unobtrusive but always polite and very helpful.
Have no hesitation in recommending Sunset Entebbe. My room was $45 per night, breakfast included and I thought it good value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The room was a reasonable price and included airport transfer so it was nice to arrive and not have to worry about the next step. We had no problems here, nice room nice breakfast, a good option for a night before or after a flight.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are a decent size. Water didn't work today and have had problems with wifi several times. Generally though wifi is excellent.

On the whole the service is very good. Sometimes things are a bit too much trouble for the staff. It's quite laid back.

Breakfast is very good. Nice choice of breads, cereals, eggs, juices and cereals. The coffee is great too!

We did order a taxi the first day and it was a rip off. 20,000 shillings to go 3km. This is just wrong. A boda boda would have been 2,000. Walking took us 45 mins. Be aware of taxi costs!

The Faze 3 restaurant which is 20 min walk is fantastic. There are plenty of other restaurants nearby too. My colleague loves the Gately. It has a nice ambient atmosphere but the food is standard in my opinion. The Sunset evening menu is limited but the quality is fine.

I've really enjoyed my stay here. I would definitely recommend it to other visitors. Just make sure you don't get ripped off on taxi fares!!!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Sunset Entebbe? Share your experiences!