“Fabulous holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 281 Hotels in Marmaris
Liverpool
“Fabulous holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed in the Grand Pasa with my 19 year old daughter and husband for 10 days.

This is a lovely hotel with the staff working tirelessly to keep the hotel clean. Our room was on floor 5- top floor- at the very end of the corridor. We were not disturbed at all by other guests and I can only assume that this was down to how thick the walls are. Our room was very big with plenty of storage and the air conditioning was digitally controlled with a remote control, meaning despite the searing heat outside the room was always very comfortable. There is also a fridge in the room which was great for storing bottled water

The main restaurant is very big and is all self service with a massive selection of food and the most amazing varieties of salad options. There is also a table of fresh fruit to choose from and an enormous selection of cakes ( despite the selection they are a little bland for the British customers- probably not sweet enough) Throughout our stay we were looked after by JJ who reserved us a table every day. He was always friendly and made our stay very enjoyable.

There is a pool snack bar which was also an option at lunch time for those who don't want to get dressed and go to the main restaurant.

If you are so inclined you can eat all day. Thank you to all the catering staff and waiters for all their hard work.

The All inclusive drinks option was available from 10am -12pm and included cocktails. A few guests complained about the bar staffs attitude but I can honestly say that I found all of them to be polite and friendly - if you treat them with respect they treat you the same.

The entertainment team worked very hard, smiling constantly and doing their best to enhance our holiday experience but it did lack a bit of imagination with the same entertainment as every other hotel in Turkey. A special thanks to Semra who is a lovely, genuine girl.

There were plenty of sunbeds and parasols but unfortunately to make sure you got one you had to be up and about early and covet them throughout the day by hanging clothes under the umbrellas and leaving possessions on the beds. There are pool towels provided which is also a massive bonus.

We also made good use of the gym which was basic but adequate.

There is a good mixture of guests from various countries but I would guess that British make up the majority of the customers. There was a lovely atmosphere in the hotel with lots of families and no friction between the different nationalities and no loutish behaviour.

I have stayed in 5 hotels in Turkey and this is the nicest one I've stayed in. Thank you Grand Pasa for making our holiday so special. Sue, Paul & Christina

Room Tip: Top floor to burn off all the calories gained from the fabulous food and drinks.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Grand Pasa for a week in may 2013 and throughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel was spotless and the staff were friendly and polite.
The only downsides were that we often struggled to get a sun lounger and the entertainment wasn't to our taste.
However the hotel is excellent value for money and we would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2013
Torquay, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just got back from a 1 week stay at the Grand Pasa. We booked this hotel just a few weeks before we went after reading various reviews on trip advisor and it looked like a safe bet. Here's my comments to add to the mix:

The hotel itself is in a fairly good location - 5 minutes walk to the beach and the main shopping area. The beaches in Marmaris are all private, but you are allowed to use the Grand Pasa sister hotel's beach (the Pasa Beach) - it's about a 5 minute walk away. The beach reflects the area of Marmaris itself - a once pretty location which is now built up and overcrowded. Not my favourite destination, but that's another story.

My first impression of the hotel was good. This is a large hotel with a grand lobby. Check in was quick and easy and reception staff were polite and helpful. The rooms are large and clean(ish), but now dated and starting to look tatty. Our room had dodgy electrics which meant you could be having a shower when the room would go pitch black and you would have to wait for a moment before it came back on. This was twice 'fixed' swiftly when it was reported to reception, but it proved a constant pain throughout our stay.

Food was served nearly all day long so there was certainly no reason to get hungry. Variety of food was brilliant and the dishes changed from day to day. Overall quality (as you would expect from a all-inclusive) was a bit hit and miss - I tended to stick to the fresher turkish dishes and these were usually good. There was no real service come dinner time; it was a bit of a free for all. The waiting staff were friendly enough, but they spent there time joking with the pretty girls or fooling around with kids - I didn't once get offered a drink on my whole holiday! At the bar the drink selection was poor and the local spirits were not nice - I stuck to the beer. The bar staff in particular seemed miserable. I'm guessing this was because they were understaffed and being an all-inclusive tips were rare.

Bearing in mind the money we paid, I could forgive all of these things as overall I felt the hotel offered very good value for money, but there were 3 things that really spoilt our holiday:

1) The beds - . I like a firm mattress. I have a firm mattress. However, these beds were unbearably hard. I can only compare my sleep experience to waking up after getting drunk at your mates party and sleeping on their floor. The double was also too small, so I ended up sleeping in the single and leaving my wife the double. Result - 1 week of sleep deprivation.

2) The entertainment - How on earth people can say the entertainment was good I don't know. The MAIN entertainment we got was: Bingo (on 2 separate nights!), a film (which no-one was watching), a male belly dancer, 'Mr Grand Pasa', a turkish musician who played for 2 hours straight (the audience started keenly enough, but after 40 minutes he managed to clear most of those) and a female belly dancer. Apart from the female dancer who was quite good the rest was simply awful. Why can the hotel not get some decent evening entertainment in? As we walked around the resort, other hotels and things like Salsa dancing (which got loads of people up dancing), 4 and 5 piece bands, break dancing and comedy shows. All these would have been great at a large hotel like the Pasa.

3) Finally the pool situation. If you have a sign up that says "Customers may not reserve sunbeds" then you have to enforce the rule! If you got down any time after 9 you had 2 hopes of getting a sun lounger.

So there you go. It's not a bad hotel, it could just be a lot better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
dundee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I went to the grand pasa in July as a last minute holiday. The hotel is very clean and rooms are spacious, free wifi, staff were friendly and they entertainment was good also. They entertained children and adults, the hotel staff were good fun. The food was lovely, we were able to eat in the al la carte restaurant once a week which was superb, the snack bar was open from 12 - 4 and fruit drinks, fizzy drink and alcohol was available from 11 am till midnight along with tea and coffee machines. It was about a 15 minute walk to the centre of Marmaris but you can either walk or jump on the dolmus which was 2 lira and got you there within 5 minutes. Would definitely go back to this hotel had a lovely holiday :).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
larkhall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is our 5th time in Marmaris, we thought we had hit it off by finding the Grand Ideal hotel, and returned to this hotel for 4 years, different circumstances arose this year and we ending up choosing the Grand Pasa, well when you thought you couldn't get any better we did, Brilliant hotel,

Check In - very smooth bell boy takes your cases to your room.

Room - Got a pool view, very spacious and modern.

Poolside & Bar - Big swimming pool, separate pool with 3 slides, always loads of sunbeds and parasols, hardly any queing at the bar, food snacks varied selection for all, and of course there's CHARLIE, he gets everyone beds parasols etc, he also double hats as the life guard, work non stop all day.

Restaurant - We are in a different country and the hotel caters for everyone, but there is something for everyone, loads of different choices to cater for all.

Entertainment Team - Excellent, they get everyone involved if you want, they are very friendly and work extremely hard, Olly, Jasmine, Owen, DJ Jimmy and the rest of the crew who's names I cant remember, but a great bunch of guys.

Me and the family really enjoyed our time here, and we had a 15 year old with us, well we hardly seen him during our stay, loads of teenagers around the same age, makes the holiday easier if they are pleased, we met some good friends and maybe see them next year all being well.

Would totally recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Biggest majority of rooms have a pool view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
bridlington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Visited in may. Rooms very clean and modern outside had plenty of seating though round the pool got very crowded and animation very loud. Restaurant o.k as long as you like chicken or turkey which seemed to be served daily in different sauces plenty of fruit but take care it is often bad or speckled with mould. Bad experience for me was as I am diabetic I always requested diet coke which on occasion was given normal coke so my sugar levels rocketed and I felt quite ill for quite some time. On the whole the hotel is quite nice but I would not return because of health issues.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I went to the grand Pasa in October 2012 with my mum and son for a quick getaway... I have to say it was great, hotel was clean, free wifi, staff were friendly and the rooms were very clean!

Sunbeds were always available but then it was October.

Pool was a nice size and the location is great!!

The shops in the hotel are of reasonable prices too, normally they inflate the prices in hotels but they didn't seem to here... I bought my mum a ring for £80 and she's had it valued at £220 on England!!

All in all a great week away and after visiting Turkey 3 times I wouldn't hesitate in returning to this hotel

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Grand Pasa Hotel? Share your experiences!