“Whole Holiday was amazing! Would go back tomorrow” 5 of 5 stars

Oasis Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kemal Seyfettin Elgin Bulvari No 73, Marmaris, Turkey   |
Ranked #59 of 281 Hotels in Marmaris
Belfast
“Whole Holiday was amazing! Would go back tomorrow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

Well i stayed in the HOTEL Oasis (not oasis apartments) in October this year and would return tomorrow given the opportunity! I went on a quiet family holiday for 2 weeks with my grandparents & we all loved it. Its approx 20mins from marmaris centre & 5 mins from the beach. Great Location.

Upon arrival first impressions were'nt great as the pool area is small but once inside reception those doubts soon lifted, the hotel itself was very nicely decorated & its family run so homely, small & friendly. Our room was very small & impossible for 3 adults to spend 2 weeks so we paid the small amount of £50 in total to have the room upgraded for the 2weeks, definately worth it. Room was cleaned everyday & there was a mini fridge which came in handy for water etc.

Staff in the hotel couldnt do enough for you, Ramazan,JayJay & Mehmet in particular! Tending to your every need. Fantastic!

Food was ok, we were B&B & was traditional Turkish breakfast but lunch/dinner menu available which had your english breakfasts,pizza,steaks,pasta etc & reasonably priced.

No entertainment programme but there is plenty to do in Marmaris itself & we were there at the end of the season!! Talk of the Town is a must see!!!

This was my first trip to marmaris & i will definately be back next year with the girls! Had a BALL!!

Hotel Oasis definately deserves its 3* rating!

• Liked — Staff couldnt do enough to help!
  • Disliked — Pool area small & north facing so didnt get a great deal of sun
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
Northern Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

I booked a week at the Oasis apartments as a treat for myself and my daughter before the start of the new school year. Everything was booked online through Manos and they forwarded all the information for Marmaris and flights via email - I was very impressed. We arrived on the 27th August at approx 5pm (Turkish time). My first thoughts about the apartments were not repeatable. The rep basically left us at the steps and disappeared before I could ask to be returned to the airport. The external view was rather dirty and depressing. Entrance into the reception area did not lift my hopes any higher, dark, dingy and had not had a good clean for many a year. The manager Errol arranged for our suitcases to be taken upstairs - but gave no indication as to where we should go - his only instruction was 'Up, Up!!' We walked up a flight of very uneven steps to find our apartment door open and our suitcases casually left in such a way that climbing experience was necessary. The apartment was everybit as dark and dingy as the reception. The patio doors leading onto the bacolny did not lock, and there was no way to lock the doors from the inside (to stop entrance to the apartment if you were showering etc). The bathroom was tiny as was the bedroom. Forget about swinging a cat you couldn't swing a mouse! The apartment was filthy and the two sofa beds in the living area were jumping (several flea bites later I decided to avoid them like the plague) The beds were brick hard, and were not full single beds. The air conditioning worked however which was about the only plus I could find to say about the apartment. I decided to give the apartments 24hrs as we had been travelling all day and were rather tired. I thought a walk around to the pool might make things seem better. As soon as we went anywhere near the pool, the staff switched the lights off! Rather dangerous if you have small children as a rather hard brick wall juts out as you walk round. Easily seen in daylight but not just as easy to see in the dark. The wall starts approx 2ft of the ground and has some rather sharp edges to it (bruising to my side is proof of that). After a walk to a local restaurant for something to eat, we decided to head back and try out the bar. What a complete waste of time as the bar was so poorly stocked I would have been better buying at the local supermarket.
The next morning didn't start of any better but I decided to just get on with the holiday and only use the apartment as a base. We went for some lunch and then back to the pool for some relaxation. About an hour later we gave up on that as a really bad idea. The pool was dirty and there was barely any room for sunbeds. The area beside the pool was inhabited by hens etc who seemed to have full range of the apartments land including the pool area and the table tennis area. Back up at the apartment, we noted the maid had been... This was due to a dirty towel haven been thrown onto my bed and drawers gone through. This was the last straw and I contacted MyTravel spoke to Helen on their emergency service and was promptly moved to Club Julian that night.
Anyone booked for Oasis Apartments my thoughts and prayers are with you. Please, please do not hesitate to let Nikki the MyTravel rep know if you have any problems as apparently we were the first to complain! Still finding that one hard to believe!!

• Liked — The Air conditioning worked
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Oasis Hotel? Share your experiences!