“our visit” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #116 of 282 hotels in Marmaris
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“our visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

we just returned from this hotel the hotel its self is basic but clean and could do with updating as for the staff they were very friendly and welcoming
the restaurant was very popular with both hotel guests and passing trade the staff in the restaurant again were helpfull and friendly even though they never got a minuets rest
we enjoyed the late evenings entertainment (card tricks by yilmoz gitak ) or as we knew him George the barman !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just got back from our second trip to marmaris beach hotel.We found this hotel after trying different hotels in marmaris over the last ten years.This was our 2nd holiday here and it was brilliant. Also other members of my family love this hotel.The rooms and facilities are clean.The staff are very helpful and pleasant.We ate in the steak house downstairs(which also belongs to the hotel).The food is great and very good value.We lay on their beach everyday and we were served our food and drinks by the lovely waiters.This hotel is on the beach and it is central for anyone's needs.The location is perfect,and I'm sure you cannot get a better value hotel than the Marmaris beach hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a lovely view of marmaris bay ,then book a sea view room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I've been going to Marmaris for six years and staying at this hotel was on my to-do list because of the location and the promised sea views (check the hotel's website and it states that ALL rooms have a sea or partial sea view). I arrived at the hotel at 4am, after my friend had arrived earlier in the day, to be given what must be the worst room in the entire hotel. I had no balcony, bars up to the window as it was literally straight onto the pool, and the room was next to reception and next to the public toilet, with people trying my door at all hours, thinking my room was the toilet.

After a few days of explaining to management, I finally got moved - to yet another room with no sea view. I wouldn't mind so much if I hadn't been sold on this hotel because of their boast of the rooms all having some kind of view. The manager also said we could have a better room if me and my friend moved into the same room. Now, we paid for two rooms for a reason, so we turned down that option, also due to the fact that the rooms are very small.

Room problems aside, we decided to eat in the restaurant one night, after being hassled about not going there. I've had better food from many other restaurants in Marmaris, for half the price, and it was actually my worst meal on the holiday.

We were then subjected to many snide comments from staff when we were leaving the hotel at night, questioning why we weren't eating in their restaurant every night, to the point of them being quite rude. By the end of the holiday, once my friend had gone home and I was there for a few days alone, I actually felt very uncomfortable coming and going out of the hotel. It felt like they'd honed in on the fact that we were two single girls in separate rooms and the behaviour of a couple of members of staff was well out of order.

I think the staff would have been friendlier had we been happy to sit in their restaurant at night and use their beach every day, however I pay for a base on my holiday and had I wanted to stay in the same place all the time, I'd have gone all inclusive.

One bit of advice, if you're not using the lift, be very careful, as the stairs lights don't work well and I was having to feel my way down the stairs at one point.

I didn't really want to have to write a bad report about this hotel, as I was so looking forward to staying there, but I was massively disappointed and I feel there are many better hotels for a cheaper price elsewhere in Marmaris. Location-wise, you can't beat it, as it's literally on the beach, however at night it is a little loud, but not so bad that you can't sleep with the door closed. In summer however, you might have a problem.

All in all, I used the hotel as a base but nothing more. I'm sure if you're lucky enough to get one of the better, larger rooms you'll be fine, but more often than not, I would assume ths wouldn't be the case. I certainly won't be booking this hotel again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Erhan- Reception

I have to give this guy full ratings he goes beyond and more to make sure your stay at the hotel is a memorable one. Not only a great guy always has a smile on his face.

Nurean- Reception.

Another staff member to help you on the way. When my transfer was messed up she took it up on herself to make sure myself and my cousin was sorted before we checked out and went home. Very polite and friendly.

• Stayed October 2012
Nottingham, England,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Where the hell do i start?!
Well I arrived 12 hours earlier than my friend as she took a different flight to me and i checked in and i was allocated room 308, PLEASE BARE IN MIND we only booked this hotel because the hotel boasts on websites all rooms have a full, side or partial sea view!!! well did we get what we paid for, no did we eck! I overlooked a residential housing block no sign of the sea anywhere! Whats worse is when my friend checked in, she was given room 103, right next to the public toilet, people trying her door handle every 5 mins, and she had no balcony just overlooked the pool.
After eating in the restaurant 1x to show we was willing to eat there, the food isnt that great, i have better steaks at samdam in siteler. The meal was the worst we had all holiday and the most expensive even after having the "20% discount" When we didnt eat there EVERY night we were getting snidey comments, one waiter in particular was rather rude, (small with glasses) one of his comments were, do you stay here, iv never seen you eat or drink, you just go out!
I have been to marmaris many times and this was the most rudest place i have ever stayed at! and would definitely never recommend this hell hole to my worst enemy!
The staff started to get sleazy after realising we were 2 single girls checking in to 2 separate rooms.... not ideal! the rooms were shabby, when i arrived i managed to stand on a shard of glass straight through my heel, towels were changed 2x in my 12 days, the bedding was changed 1x. the lights on the stairways didnt work so was very dangerous getting to and from your room after dark. The hotel is situated in between santana and tropicana right on the beach front so it is loud and lively most of the time until early hours but this didnt bother me!
I very rarely write bad reviews, so please take a wide berth on this hotel!

Denbigh, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Rooms small but very clean, lovely shower. Food - OK for snacks and breakfast but the "award winning" steaks they advertise are a bit tasteless and overpriced. Nicer evening meals can be found elsewhere. What made our holiday was the staff. Great fun always quick whitted, which in a foreign language is brilliant. Erhan on reception is a little gem, helful and professional at all times. Would go back but make sure you have a room at the back, the bar next door plays till 3 or 3.30pm and its "boom boom boom" and makes for sleepless nights.

Room Tip: At the back overlooking the smal pool
Cradley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

just arrived back from another weeks holiday at marmaris beach hotel and had a fantastic time yet again. the staff and management are extremly helpful especiall the reciption staff both night and day. Izmal the waiter ws very pleasant as he was last year all the guys are great and friendly. have seen recent reports ere about loud music well if you read the write up the hotel is on the main stretch and is full of bars and nightlife so what do you expect me and my partner did not find it bad at all last year we had side room this year sea view and yes the music was there but hey you on holiday ENJOY and that is what we did. THANKS GUYS , Deb and Carl

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marmaris Natalie's Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!