“Simply awesome. (read this and see why)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hani Hotel

You added Hani Hotel to your Saves list
Hani Hotel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Kemal Seyfettin Bulvar 212 Sok No 3, Marmaris 48700, Turkey   |
Ranked #7 of 84 Marmaris B&B and Inns
Middlesbrough
“Simply awesome. (read this and see why)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Big hotels are fantastic aren’t they? You get huge rooms with lots of space, massive pools and hundreds of Sunbeds just waiting for you to choose from, then there’s the endless amounts of food, loads of facilities, amazing entertainment at night, etc, etc.

Well actually big hotels aren’t even close to being fantastic, the rooms are never as big as they look, the pool is always crammed with unattended kids running riot, there’s huge queues when you want to get a drink never mind an actual meal and all the facilities cost a fortune. And as for the Sunbeds, you could stay awake all night and have 50 towels to put out but you STILL wouldn’t get one!

So let’s talk about the Hani Hotel, I last stayed here about 6 years ago and back then it was a basic down to earth hotel with not a lot to offer in facilities, the pool is very small and the kids pool is so tiny that nobody used it. It was tired, dated, even old fashioned but people stayed there because it has a brilliant location and a special something that I will come back to later.
There’s a new owner now in town by the name of Tom and WOW! Things at the Hani have changed very much for the better with a new bar, new rooms and bathrooms with everything modern, fresh, clean and comfortable. What has been achieved already is amazing, this once worn out 22 room hotel which you’d only use as a base is now a place where you want to stay and spend some time be it around the pool, the bar and now to eat too because the new Cook is really, really good.

So yes, the pool is small, the rooms aren’t the biggest and there are a few rough edges here so there’s still work to be done but very quickly you’ll forget all about that because the Hani has something that all other big, flashy hotels would die for and that is a mountain of charm.
Within a couple of days you will know everyone in the hotel, not just Tom but his wife Sevtap, the bar staff, the Cook, all the other guests and even the Maid! After a long day on the beach or a boat trip you walk back into the Hani and it feels like walking into your home, there’s no show, no pretence, is casual, relaxed, fun and a fantastic place to unwind. There’s just a friendly warm atmosphere so you will want to sit at the bar and chat to everyone.

Read the reviews on trip Advisor about OTHER hotels in Marmaris, you will hear complaints about being questioned where they are going, pressure to eat in the Hotel, pushy and suggestive waiters, etc and you will get none of this here, you can come and go as you please with absolutely no hassle.
This is how a Hotel should be, this is how you should want to spend your holiday instead of getting stressed out in queues for food in vast hotels where your just another guest who the waiters don’t know.

I have been to Marmaris so many times I’ve almost lost count, I’ve stayed in over 15 Hotels including many of the 5 Star Hotels and now I would honestly would rather stay at the Hani hotel than any of these, this is the type of holiday Hotel that I want to stay in.

A word of warning! Do not get confused and book the Han Palace by mistake because that’s a completely different and unconnected Hotel just across the road making the confusion even worse.
Be sure it's the Hani Hotel, it’s just a great place to spend your holiday and you will love it, so much so that you’ll come back on here to tell me I was right.

Go on then, now tell me I was right : )

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

In May 2011 i decided to go to Turkey to celebrate my birthday and going on the reccomendation of the Hani Hotel from another friend i decided to go and stay there.I stayed in may for 2wks with my sister and met Tom , Sevtap and Toms mum who was such a nice lady.This family run hotel has got to be the best in the area , only a stone through away from the beach, all the shops and restaurants are near by but the beauty of it all the Hani Hotel which consists of 22 rooms are all clean , tidy and decorated to high standard.
The hotel does do a mean mexican steak !!!!! i think i was going to turn into a steak various different steaks on offer at a gr8 price and the meal portions are gr8.

I loved this hotel that much due to the family hospitality i returned again in june 2011 with my family and now again i will return in septemer for a further 3weeks .this hotel is now like home from home for me ......Dont miss out trying this hotel , gr8 value for money and every-one is very helpful & nothing is a problem .

CHRISTINE- Scotland

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Booked last minute was unsure as would normally hoilday in resort style hotels. The holiday was made by the family who run the hotel Tom and wife and dsd luke who find nothing is too much trouble they make you feel safe and welcome at all times .We arrived early hours of morning hungry as flight had no food supply probs with supplier Tom arraged for us to eat a light meal and Chef awoke to cook for us . Rooms were spotless as were all areas of hotel , Location was quiet but central 5 mins to beach shops restaurants. We eat at the hotel and meals surpassed any we had at other restaurants in resort compliments to Chef . W e met great people and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly cant wait to go back soon saving up now

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thirsk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Stopped for a week with my wife-we booked last minute thought that for the price it was CHEAP it'd be crap.It was fantastic-absolute value for money.Hotel is one street back from the beach (5 minute walk-honest),supermarket a minute away bars near beach so close by.Hotel is small 22 rooms so you get looked after 1 on 1 one very personnel service absolutely nothing is a problem only 4/5 staff 24 hours a day-the staff and TOM the owner talk to you because they want to not because they feel they have to as in other places where they want your money not your time.Rooms cleaned and towels changed everyday not as in other places.TOM the owner is from belguim with turkish wife and turkish staff so no problem with the language barrier.TOM is a great and funny guy running a class hotel

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
runcorn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

If you are looking for a central hotel in Marmaris that gives excellent value for money, I do not think there is better. The rooms are exceptionally clean and the bed/bedding was comfortable and very pleasant. the hotel is family run, and it makes a real difference. Tom runs the hotel on behalf of his family and he will help in any way he can to make you welcome and ensure your stay goes well. He speaks English Turkish and a range of others I lost count of. He and his staff organised my transport, my trip to the barbers, some turkish lira until I got my own and nothing was too much trouble, even trawling through the internet to get the best prices for me. The hotel has a very pleasant terrace area with great food. Try the garlic mushrooms and mixed grill, but I bet you wont get through it all! The hotel provides free wifi throughout, a great saving versus Turkish telephone costs. I had a great stay, and never felt alone as Tom and the rest of the staff always were willing to pitch in and help me whenever I needed it. Very very good value for money hotel with everything you need on site.Thanks to Tom, "Chef" and everyone for everything from Paul

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
husmaj94
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

This was my first trip to Turkey, and before going I read some reviews on different hotels. I was wanted a nice clean friendly hotel, and most hotels didn't have the best reviews, however the Hani hotel had very good review so we booked this hotel. I were were not dissapointed. This exceeded my expectations to be honest. The owners, Tom, his dad, Toms wife and the rest of the staff were great, really friendly. We were made to feel welcome and they helped us with any request we had like breakfast in our room.
The hotel and our room was really clean, and our room was cleaned and sheets changed daily. We felt they made extra effort with us and our two year old daughter. My daughter really liked them as they were really nice to her.
When I go back to Marmaris I will definitely book a stay at the Hani Hotel again.
Thanks Tom and Co!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

A lovely small family run hotel - Sevtap, Tom and his dad Luk are all amazing. Couldnt ask for more helpful lovely people. Nothing is too much trouble and always feel safe and looked after. Hotel is clean and well maintained.
5 min walk to beachfront. Loads of bars, restaurants, supermarkets close by.
Going back again in June, so what can I say.......its like home from home now! :-)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hani Hotel? Share your experiences!