“Cheap and cheerfull” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 282 hotels in Marmaris
UK
“Cheap and cheerfull”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here 5-13th Aug 2013, 6 people in 2 x 1 BR appts. When we 1st booked through onthebeach we thought we were getting 3 x 1 BR appts, but alas it turned out we only had 2, we thought we could get another appt when we gotthere, no chance fully booked.
You should be aware that the AC is ONLY in the bedroom of the appt and not the whole place, something to consider if someone is sleeping in the living room part of the appt, especially in high (hot!!) season.
We found the place to be pretty standard for a Turkish appt place, basic but clean, nice pool with mostly plenty of sunbeds.
The bar / restaurant was good, food was good value if you chose the specials, and good quality, drinks were on the expensive side but not too bad. We have been to Turkey many times, but not for a few years and prices of food and drink have shot up to most euro standards, Turkey is not the cheapo destination it once was. A 50cl Efes beer was about 2.20 GBP, mixed drinks and cocktails run around 3-5 GBP, more expensive if the drinks are top shelf or imported.
Adam at the bar booked our boat trip 10 GBP each, which was great value, we spoke to an other couple on the boat, they paid 12 GBP. He also booked us the aqua park for 15 each, but it was not good value, I will write a separate review for that later, but honestly don't waste your cash!
From KAAN it is about a 6-8 min walk down to the main drag where you can catch a dolmus into Marmaris center or into Icmeler.
All in all a good holiday, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Chose a room at the back to avoid noise from bar at night, we had room 104 and 203.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Paignton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Firstly I cannot believe how much me and the two girls I went on holiday with we're worried because of the bad reviews we had read on this website, we ignored the reviews and decided will make our own opinions on the hotel after we had been there ourselfs! And all I can is we had an absolutely amazing time, we didn't want to leave... We were greeted when arrived and suitcases were taken to the room we settled in an met with Adam who we booked are excursions with, I must say he doesn't rip you off like other holiday reps have done in the past, he gave us cheap deals and we enjoyed every excursion. We were bed and breakfast and thanked the chef at how lovely his eggs were in the morning!! We loved the breakfast kept us full till lunchtime, we enjoyed eating out as we had many places to choose from, one one off the nights we stayed at the hotel and ordered home-made pizza's which were delicious!! Pool was very clean and room was very big, this is a basic hotel but suited us 3 girls perfectly as we were always out exploring and making plans. I noticed a lot of people, all kinds of ages enjoying themselves and really can't understand who these people are leaving bad feedback.. I remember a group of elderly friends did not like the room they were in but once they had complained the situation was sorted and they were all very happy. I wanted to put this review as like before I didn't want to go after reading what I had seen before the holiday and now after the experience I can wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
scotland uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I found my stay here very pleasant staff couldn't be more helpful especially pepe and adam and would defiantly go back the staff took our luggage to our room and when it was time to leave they took our luggage out for us not many places have I been to witch ive had such personal serve

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My stay here was great the staff where very friendly and helpful pepe and adam where very helpful they couldnt do enough for us made our stay there a very pleasant one :) they helped us find places we wanted to vist even offered to take us thereselfs which I found very helpful

• Stayed July 2013
Clydebank, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just felt I had to write after reading the extreamly damming reports - This will be my 3rd Time at the Kaan apartments and I am going again in September. The food is fantastic and always well presented. the rooms are basic but clean the staff are fantastic and always helpful if you are nice to them they will be nice back. The Rooms are Basic but if like us you are out and about and can accept it as a Base then this is the place to stay. Anytime we had a problem it was very quickly sorted for £10 per night for a room for up to 3 people I am not sure what some people are looking for if you want 5 star then pay for 5 star. I moved to these apartments from a 3 star AI Hotel last October and believe me walking into the Kaan was like walking into a Palace from what we had been in (and that is no understatement).

Room Tip: top floor studios have low ceilings but are really quaint.
Kendal, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

just returned from staying at the kaan. after booking our holiday me & my sister had a look on here to see what the reviews were like, & were worried what we had booked into after reading the reviews, well we had a fab time here maids came every day all staff were friendly, we didn't get any hassle for eating out of the hotel which we did all the time as we have friends in marmaris, if you are just looking for somewhere as just a base then this is the place to stay there are buses & taxis close by to take you to the centre if you cant walk to far it only takes about 10 mins to walk anyway. id say don't book into a 3 star hotel & expect a 5 star, and book your trips with adam we went on to great boat trips. and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: get a room at the back of the hotel as rooms near the pool are near the bar so could be noisey if yo...
wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed same time last year and can't fault it, reading the negative reviews made me laugh as I can remember these people at the hotel..........food was great but did eat out a lot and the staff had no problem with this, staff were friendly and welcoming, room was fine, watch ur head in room 404. And who goes on holiday to spend that much time in room! Not me! Spent some days by pool and staff worked hard to keep area nice, entertainment in hotel at nite but only stayed once but still enjoyed it, very sad I won't be back next year but hope you all enjoy your time at kaan! Thank you pepe(pipi haha) adam, muzzy, alley and ozzy ( who sadly left when we were there)

Few tips- take bath towel & toilet roll, ac is 90 lira per week, and large bottle of water only 3 lira so get it to fill your smaller bottles and freeze for the next day, they also had 3 course meal 18 lira and breakfast is great here! Xx

Room Tip: Book apartment not studio, apartment rooms are fab!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Kaan Apart? Share your experiences!