“brilliant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 281 Hotels in Marmaris
kent
“brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed 2 weeks here best place I have been to. Very nice staff the room was a very good size. I am very fussy with my food but found something to eat every day. The waiter was brilliant he really made my holiday. Would I go back . had a great time thanks all

Room Tip: all the rooms looked good
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was our (my husband and i, both 41yrs) first visit to Turkey (Marmaris) we stayed here..3rd -15th Sep, on our arrival we was greeted by friendly staff in reception who quickly checked us in and a bell boy took our cases to our room. Our room was lovely and modern (A block) and on inspection it was very clean. Air conditioning was great once we worked out how to use it..heaven at night, the little fridge was useful for keeping water and pop chilled. (although electric shuts off once you leave your room) TV was ok, we managed to find a few english channels once we retuned it. Our room was cleaned daily with fresh towles. Our first impression of the hotel was very good, We found food varied for all tastes and requirements and plenty of choice. Breakfast was choice of cereal, fresh fruit with yoghurts, fresh bread (a toaster if you wished to toast it) and chefs making pancakes, fried eggs or omelettes. Ok chicken was served everyday but again the choice was plenty.. IE: roasted, boiled, griddled etc. Most of the hot food is cooked fresh infront of you and we never had a problem getting served although the ques can build up they soon go down. The waiting on staff was always busy clearing plates and glasses. The bar staff was friendly and happy to serve you.... we got upto 4 drinks at a time without any questions. The pools was a pleasure after a few hours in the sun, very clean and plenty of sun loungers (altough towles was put on early to reserve them) We spent a lot of time in the quieter pool where it was more relaxing. The beach is great with it being private, the sea was lovely and warm. Didn't like the stones into the sea...these are quite big and hurt if you don't walk gingerly but once passed them it's lovely, the little fish swim around your feet till you get deeper into the water. There are so many water sports going on it's fun watching others enjoy them selves. The coastal walk is fantastic both day and night, plenty of fun pubs and restaurants, the walk into Mararis is a lovely stroll but if you want to take the small bus it's cheap enough,(bus stop right outside hotel) the harbour area is very relaxing, Plenty of cheap shops although the owners get a little annoying trying to get you to buy from them, i found a firm NO THANKYOU worked most times. Overall a very good holiday... the hotel was very well kept, staff friendly, food plentiful, pools and beach area relaxing, A turkish bath is a must. Booking again for next year hope i will be giving same review.

Room Tip: A block.... is quieter with spacious modern rooms and nice sea views from balcony, you pay a little...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel from 27 Aug to 10 Sept 2012 and have to say we were very disappointed and definitely would not return or recommend this hotel.
All the reviews about the below average rooms and lack of variety in the Restaurant are absolutely spot on.

We were allocated a room on the top floor of Block B. It was a twin room with what can only be described as window sill of a balcony...you couldn't even have 2 people sitting on the balcony at the same time, with the small table in between, unless you both sat side on!!

There's only one word to describe the food in the restaurant - unbearable - that is unless you like to eat chicken or meat balls everyday, TWICE A DAY. There was no variety between the lunch and dinner selections which resulted in us eating out practically every day. The breakfasts are adequate, however if you're not down before 9am then you'll miss out on the fresh pancakes and eggs.

The private beach in front of the hotel is nice and there's a security guard in the area, but the fact you can only get 2 drinks at a time means you have to make many trips back and forth into the hotel. For parties of more than 2 people also means more than 1 person has to go to the bar.

I also have to agree with the comments about the rude bar staff...I know there are many people who seem to have trouble saying 'please' and 'thank you' but I have to say we always made an effort with them as we appreciate they do work very long shifts, but this didn't seem to make any difference. The only time they seemed to smile or take an interest, was when any groups of young girls were in the area and it wasn't unusual to see them serving these girls some of the cocktails that were not on the all inclusive list, free of charge!

The entertainment team worked hard but I'll be honest, the shows they were putting on were pretty awful. The biggest surprise we had, was when the white 'screen' (bedsheet) was pulled down on the back wall of the stage on night and it was announced that they'd be showing a film for entertainment night...not exactly what you expect when ur sitting at the poolside enjoying a few drinks. Needless to say, most people got up and left!

Although the actually hotel was an absolute let down, the location was ideal and I would go back to Marmaris and stay in one of the 5 star hotels close by. We had some relatives staying in the Grand Ideal which was only 5 mins along the road and they're food and hotel was amazing.

If you're looking for an 18-30s type hotel/entertainment then this place will be perfect for you...just be prepared to eat chicken/meatballs and chips for your whole stay!!

Room Tip: sorry but i wouldn't recommend u stay anywhere in here, until the tired old rooms in Block B hav...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lincolnshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I should start this review by saying that my sister and I travel to Turkey regularly. Usually we holiday in Gumbet, and we've always loved our holidays in the Muglia region - friendly people, great food, great service. I recognise that the Turkish approach to customer service isn't always what British travellers might expect, but my sister and I love the bustle, bartering and brash approach that the Turkish bar and wait staff take with their jobs. I have taken this into consideration as I write this review.

Facilities:
The Pasa Beach is an average 3* hotel, no doubt about it. The facilities are good - nice pools, free beach/pool towels daily, reasonable variety of food, right on the beach, close to shops and restaurants and a short Dolmus ride to the centre of Marmaris (2 TLira each way on the Turquoise bus or 2.50 TLira each way on the Orange bus). We travelled independently so we didn't have a rep, but we made use of the other tour reps who visited (Thomas Cook) and we chatted to staff in the spa and salon (Ali and Mario) who were always more than willing to help you out or offer advice on trips, bars, which bus to catch.

The transfer time from Dalaman airport is about 2 hours, depending on how many drop offs you have on the way. I'd estimate a private taxi transfer to be about 90 mins.

There is an onsite spa that offers massages, beauty treatments, an indoor pool, fitness centre and Turkish Baths. The booker, Ali, is very friendly and approachble. He sits on the little station beside B Block reception. The prices are fairly reasonable. If you want to try a Turkish Bath I'd recommend the hotel. It is more expensive than the external agents outside the hotel, but you have a private scrub and massage so you really get your monies-worth. The experience lasts about 70 mins all in (sauna, scrub and massage) and you only get upsold to once, after your scrub, and it's not a hard sell. A quick "not this time thank you" and they are happy to leave you be. One word of warning, if you want a relaxing, gentle massage be sure to tell your masseuse! My lady was unexpectedly rough and it felt more like a deep tissue/sports massage than aromatherapy. When we told Ali he was very apologetic and did mention the issue to the massage staff. We were told we might be able to get a complimentary treatment but this didn't ultimately materialise.

The hair salon offers lots of services over and above hair appointments - shaving, eyebrow threading (very good for the ladies and very cheap), manicures, pedicures, hair extentions, eyelash extentions, nail extentions (everyone wants a bigger "something"!). I had a pedicure and it was pretty cheap, the finish wasn't great but you get what you pay for! We saw lots of happy people after their eyebrow threading, wash and blow dries and Turkish shaves.

It's no luxury salon but the services are thorough and the banter is good.

The hotel does have a free wifi connection in the lobby area but it is very unreliable and only really suitable for a brief browse on the web. It's not suitable for downloading anything or streaming films/music. There is an internet cafe in the lobby that offers internet access via PCs for a small fee.

Rooms:
We stayed in a standard room in B Block. We were a bit worried about it as we'd read the unfavourable reviews. The rooms are not awful, they are just very tired. They could do with a really good clean and a bit of TLC in the furniture department. They are basic and the furniture is a bit dated, but the beds were firm, sheets changed regularly, fresh towels everyday, with a little balcony facing inwards so very little noise.

The air-con was a bit dubious, but once you take 5 mins to try out all of the settings you can find something suitable. I think we ended up on "Swing" plus "Hi" early evening and then switched to "Lo" overnight so that we didn't wake at 4am freezing cold.

The rooms are definitely not thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis. How do I know this? I have dark red hair and it falls out everywhere. Clumps of hair stayed on the bathroom floor and walls for days after I had showered. Eventually I picked most of it up myself and put it down the loo. Same with the carpet in the main room.

Our room had a small sofa (bed), 2 single beds, small bedside unit, a dressing table a built in wardrobe. The wardrobe door was totally caput. It would regularly get stuck and judging by the damage to the door, the bits falling off it and the dodgy cover-up paint job, I don't think that we were the first people to get annoyed with it. We also had a safe box and a fridge. Safe box did exactly what it said on the tin and cost us 42 TLira for 10 days (about 15 GBP). The fridge was a half size with a small ice box. We used it to cool our sun creams and after sun lotions. It worked perfectly and was free.

We did ask if we could upgrade to a room in A Block but we decided against it. It was 10 Euro per person per night to move and while that's pretty reasonable it didn't seem worth it to us when we only intended to sleep and wash in the room.

Food:
I noticed a lot of people reviewing the food unfavourably. It is typical 3* All Inclusive food. I'm not sure what the reviewers were expecting from the food, but what was on offer was by no means sub-standard. It was exactly in keeping with the standard of a 3* hotel in Turkey. The variety wasn't extensive but if you looked hard enough there was a little bit of good stuff each day - very nice fish dishes, grilled vegetables, various pitta dishes (not always to my taste but different everyday), casseroles, lots of grilled chicken and usually a red meat dish. Not everything everyday was always a hit, but this is to be expected. They are catering for a very broad audience of European travellers (German, Dutch, Swedish, Italian, British, Russian) so they tried to have something to satisfy all over a period of days.

I'll admit, the chicken did get repetative, but just because you don't eat liver or calf or grilled fish with the skin on doesn't mean the food was bad. I tried some stuff that I wouldn't usually eat at home and it was pretty tasty. Just because folks only recognise chicken and chips from the offering doesn't make the hotel food "bad".

Having said that, breakfast was below average. I've seen a few mentions of it in the reviews, and I will say the same: the hot plates/tureens in the main restaurant with the baked beans, frankfurters and scrambled eggs were not the correct temperature for the food in them. The food was always cold. It was even cold when I took baked beans from a fresh tureen that was delivered as I stood next to the counter. That should really be looked at. Outside there were things like fresh pancakes and various varieties of eggs (fried/omlettes). The pancakes were my staple but you did need to go right to the bottom of the tureen to get to the warm ones because people would always pick what they wanted and then leave the lid open to let everything else go cold.

In my opinion there should have been a member of staff at every outdoor station at all times ensuring the tureens were closed and freshly made food was always available. On more than one occassion there was a queue of people waiting for something fresh from a station but there was no-one there to prepare it.

I've read complaints about the lack of cutlery. People, for goodness sake pull your thumbs out of your bottoms. If you ask where you can get fresh cutlery from, the staff will tell you. There are at least 4 stations throughout the restaurant where you can pick up clean cutlery. It doesn't require you to go out of your way as the stations are right next to the food!

One other small comment on the breakfast food - don't expect to get pork sausages at breakfast. This is a Muslim country and almost no hotel will offer you this. If you want a proper pork sausage pop out for breakfast. You can get one at numerous smaller restaurants along the street (we went to Picasso across the road twice) and it will cost you 5 TLira (less than 2 GBP).

Staff:
The entertainment staff were good. We spent our days on the beach so didn't usually see the daytime offering, but there was a timetable for everything that would happen - bingo, water polo, table tennis matches etc. The evening entertainment was a decent way to spend a couple of hours and they offered a free bus into Bar Street every night at 11pm except Sundays.

The waiting and bar staff were friendly. Sometimes they were a little over-friendly but if you take it all with a pinch of salt it's fine. Efficiency was a bit of an issue. The wait staff liked to stop and chat to people as they were going about their tasks clearing tables in the restaurant. This would be OK if it was quiet, but when people are searching for a clean, free table this isn't ideal.

Sometimes you'd have to wait around quite a while for the bar staff to notice you at the bar but once you realise this you know to give a little hollar to get their attention.

My biggest bug bear was with the reception staff. On our arrival at about 2am we were quickly helped to our room, but after that things went downhill. My sister went to reception to ask for an extra pillow. The gentleman responded with "Why do you need one?" and then behaved as though this request really put him out. About 15 minutes later a small sofa pillow arrived at our room.

There were always lots of staff on reception but unless you bullishly called over to them or interrupted their tasks they would not come to you. They ask you to hand in your key each time you go offsite. This makes sense to me. However, each time you do it they respond in way that suggests that they are going out of their way to accommodate your simple request. On one occassion I handed in my key and when I returned they key was not there. They told me that this was my fault and when I told them that I had handed it in and pointed to the person I handed it to they responded quite aggressively (over a key!). They then realised that they had put it in the wrong slot. They did not apologise.

I called down to reception to ask if they would be able to make a local call for me to reconfirm my return airport transfer. They said yes. I went down and was told "No, you can do this from your room". I tried that and the call wouldn't connect. I went downstairs again and explained and the lady on reception huffed at me and then thumped the number into her telephone and practically threw the receiver at me. Maybe she was just having a bad day, but it was lots of these little incidents with the reception staff that by the end of the holiday really had my back up.

All-in-all, Pasa Beach Hotel is a reasonable 3* All Inclusive resort with OK facilities. If all of the staff were as friendly and accommodating as the spa and salon staff it would be a winning hotel. I can accept the basic rooms and seemingly repetitive food (according to some people) but poor cleanliness and sub-standard customer service almost across the board is not really something that I can gloss over as a hotel guest. If they could improve that it would be a good value for money 3* hotel.

Room Tip: If in B Block aim to get an even numbered room (eg 104, 208 etc) as these face away from the sun for...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Skegness, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Me and my partner just returned from Pasa beah after spending a fantastic week there just outside marmaris. After reading the reviews on here i was a bit apprehensive as what to expect?.. but we arrived early hours of the morning and the staff were still very friendly and showed us straight to our room :)... The room its self was great, couldn't fault it at all, spacious enough for 2, nicely decorated and comfy. The rest of the hotel was ok too, there was the odd area around that you could see needed repairing/finishing off, but nothing major. The resturant was average too, there was always loads of choice in food at every sitting and the quality was ok, we choose to eat out a couple of days and nights but we didnt need too. The entertainment staff was fantastic, sooooo friendly and such a laugh around the pool area in the day and during the night time entertainment, for the younger age groups they arrange nights out and take you to bar street which is a must if you want to go out clubbing a night or two while on holiday.
We were also talked into going to the hotels turkish bath's by 'Ali' and im so glad we did as it was a great relaxing experience and such a laugh!! you pay a bit more money than you would if you went with one of the excursion companies but my advise is its well worth it!
The only complaint we had was we brought a CD off 'Alfie' the resident DJ as it had some great tunes on.... however when we got home and tried to play it it did not work!! blanc CD!! so beware of this. It mayb a one off but who knows. Overall a great time was had and i would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: go for deluxe room, we spoke to people who booked a standard and had to up grade once arrived as app...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Holidays are what you make them!

There were 8 of us, ages ranging from 53 years old (me), to Miss L.R, who is 11yrs old. We had a fantastic time at Pasa Beach Hotel.
Rooms in B Block were basic, but clean, bedding and towels changed daily.
Food was good, most of it cooked fresh in front of you, ie, pancakes, fish, meat, pitta bread and pasta. I'm a vegetarian, and had absolutely no problem finding a varied range of food for the whole 2 weeks.

Take time to get to know Ali (Spa Information), he is a true gentleman. He would often sit with us and chat about his life and his family. Ali is a sensitive, funny, charming, enthusiastic, genuine and an honest guy. He isn't 'pushy', and quite rightly states that if he didn't give honest recommendations and information, his reputation and credibility would suffer, because if anyone wasn't happy with his suggestions, they would not reccomend him to other guests. Ali booked us on a fantasic Boat Trip, 30TL per adult, and the 11yr old went free!! Ali, you are a 'Star'... lovely jubbly!!!!

We had a Turkish Bath and Massage, and we never suffered from sunburn, (not even the Ginger 2). The guys doing the Turkish Bath were hilarious, even spun Miss A. L on the slab like a helicopter!! The 2 girls, aged 14yrs & 11yrs absolutely loved it!

The Animation Team were great. The Manager/team leader, led by example, he was interactive, lively, and he even helped out serving behind the bar when there was only 1 bar staff working the bar at meal times.
Cindy is full of enthusiasm, encouraging all to join in the pool/water and interactive games on the poolside.
Lily involved us in morning gymnasics.... which was more like gentle Yoga/stretching excersises. Also she does a great Turkish Belly Dancing lesson for the younger ones.
And of course Owen.... he is a powerhouse of energy and enthusiasm. He is funny, witty, good humoured, and a real 'Cheeky Chappie'.
And also, there was DJ Alfhi..... great mix of music, catered for young and old!!! We even bought the 2012 music Cd...... great, but unfortunately it will not play on any of my 3 Cd players, but does play on the computer and in the car!!!
The entertainment finished at 11pm, but the bar stayed open until 12mn. This was great, because our rooms overlooked the pool/entertainment area, so no noise problems when we went to bed.

The Waiters/Bar Staff were friendly, hard working, constantly cleaning tables and collecting glasses.
All the waiters had a great sense of humour, always smiling and joking, we had a great rapport and easy banter with them all. Never once were any of them rude or disrespectful, remember people only react to how you treat them, so if you were rude and sullen (like most of the Russians), then you can't blame the waiters for their response!

Lastly, the 'behind the scene' guys, cooks, chefs, veg peelers and all the catering staff... reception personel and the Security guys, all did a great job.You were all appreciated.

We had a fantastic time, something to suit all ages, water park, boat trips, the sea/water sports,and lots more excursions... all brilliant.
A Big Thank You
Tesekkur ederim to all Xx

Room Tip: We had rooms overlooking the pool/entertainment area, so after the entertainment/music finished at 1...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My wife and I have Just returned from two weeks at Pasa Beach Hotel,we booked this hotel after looking round it last summer when we stayed up the hill at it's sister hotel Grand Pasa, a pleasant place to stay but a bit far from the beach to walk in the heat.
Great location on the beach, we paid an extra £280 for a "superior" room as stated in the brochur.
Our tickets stated de lux room. Small, average with dark bathroom is the exact definition.
A small fridge kept drinks at just below room temperature, it could not form ice cubes even when I set it to its' lowest setting, it did however give off heat similar to an 8kw electric fire.
The brochure showed laminate flooring, we had wrinkled up carpeting. The double bed was small slightly wider than a single. The bathroom basin waste took 5 minutes to empty, it was impossible to keep clean when shaving and cleaning teeth, this was a common problem as others complained at reception. The portable size tv showed CNN news but no sound or Discovery channel no other Enlish language channels, and yes we also don't go on holliday to watch TV but early evening whilst getting showered and dressed it would be nice to have something to watch or listen to especially as this was a "de lux" "superior" room.
Despite three requests at reception to tune some English stations on our last day we got ITV one channel.
We asked our First Choice rep if we had been put into the wrong room, but she said no this was "de lux" She then dissapeared for good following alot of other complaints from guests, we heared the man complain about being fiddled of his bingo win by the entertainment team.She was replaced by a man who we saw slipping his introduction note under our door, we never saw him again either.
We are allways polite to people but the bar and waiter staff were awful, yes they work long hours for low pay but a smile a thankyou or the standard "your welcome" would go somewhere to help boost wages by way of tips. The Grand Pasa staff work equally long and hard but are far more pleasant and helpful.There is no excuse for the couldn;t care less attitude. Especially the barman at A block bar, the miserable lazy man around 40 years old who wears the glasses you will easily spot him.
He is the one who slams down the drinks at all times,and blatently checks his watch if you dare ask for a drink at five to midnight. If you still don't recognise him look for his pet snail which follows him everywhere!
The drinks are watered down, I asked for a vodka and cola. The cola turned lighter and neither smelled or tasted of the slightest vodka. I then tried cola on its own and it had more flavour.
Brandy was cheap whiskey. The drinks and water machines were allways empty at measl times no one refilled them. They say five minutes, one and a half hours later it still not filled, and I was even shouted at for trying the machine when empty! Disgraceful staff behaviour.
Breakfast opens at 7.30am but no one turns up to half warm the raw eggs untill 8am.
Cerials never replenished, all hot food is cold luke warm at best. We even tried some chicken as it was being put into the warm tray. It was room temperature, too cold for hot food and too warm for cold food, it must just have been left out in the kitchen. We showed the waiter who touched it and agreed, but again no help.
Food was of cheap low quality, liver, meatballs,chicken, chicken and more chicken yet there were long ques 35 people when I reached the back one night. Sweets were small tasteless blancmange type things or honey soaked stale biscuits. The canteen is designed to stop people eating as everything is spread out all over the place. If you find a cup there is no tea, if you find a glass there is no syrupy juice or water. We plumped for glasses of tea.
Cutlery was scavenged from other tables, when you return to your cold food which warms up in the sun you find others snatching your cutlery whist away playing hunt the cup.
Tablecloths have stains and holes, never changed not even swept off after use.
Tip take a fly swat as theese are the only friendly things in this hotel, especially as when you leave anything unattended for a second.
We managed to secure a table and two seats at the entertainment one night, unfortunately we soon realised why this mission was successful as the entertainment for the evening was a science fiction movie down loaded slightly askew onto a small screen. Difficult to see from the other end of the pool without the aid of opera glasses.
WARNING people thinking about booking next year, they are buildig a disco below the dining terrace. We noticed as they demolished a wall at 8pm below us whilst eating our lettuce and tomato, the only warm food we could find, it was garnished with large helpings of dust and clay pot shards. They were testing the sound system at different times while we were on the beach, there were many complaints from Icemellor some 3 miles away.This we were told would be open till the early hours next year.
There was some funny times, watching the Russians pile their plates high with liver as it oozed over their plates. As one woman marched off for more a cat landed onto her table but turned its nose up at it. She came back fully ladened again. On seeing the cat she then threw all the liver off the terrace down below at the stray cats. Waiters just shook their heads, but soon smiled when her partner slipped them Baccardi from a bottle.
To sum up. A great location thats it.

Room Tip: Dont upgrade when booking, and book Grand Pasa up the hill
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Pasa Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!