“Just the best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 281 Hotels in Marmaris
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Just the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Dont take any notice of comments from garyday as he keeps posting same comments every month I and my family have been going to Marmaris since 2001 this was our 2nd time in the ozturk and let me say I will never go anywhere else it had a family feel to it where everyone spoke and the food is really good I can recommend the sish kebabs and the steaks there was value for money with the specials board.the entertainment was turkey of old the dancing on the bar and around the pool mehmet was always helpful and polite the same as james and james and emre alex hemit always made us feel welcome. Emre is an amazing dancer and always made us laugh.

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Wolsingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

we stayed at Ozturk 1-14th August 9 of us including a friends son who works in Marmaris who visited regularly and was welcomed like a residential guest,. so where shall i start....
mehmet lovely lovely man always smiling happy to sit and talk to you and pretty good english too :)
James.. Turkeys very own Newcastle united fan have read an here about him "bothering" people, we at the end of the day hes got a job to do and he does do it very well and hes just a cheeky chappy really (if he asks you to do turkish night 10 pound DO IT the food is absolutley amazing and the dancers are great )
Emre..well theres not a lot more beautiful in Turkey than Emre hes totally gourgeous and has a smile that lightens up your worst hangover!!
Hamit.. oh my heart ;)life and soul of every single day we were there always joking about got thrown in the pool soooooo many times and always came out smiling great dancer too!!
Osman (Ozzy) totally adorable favorite english is, your welcome but a great lad loves a bit dance haha (sorry ozzy ;))
Alex or Serdaaaaaar cheeky smile helpful cute what more could you want :)
apartments are fine dont quite understand what people are expecting when its only a 2 star?? its clean tidy good shower what more do you need, the breakfasts are great and only 9TL the food on a night is pretty good to though in fairness we went out alot. location of these apartments is great its only 5 min walk to the fountains beach bazar and busses running constantley
we had a fab time at the ozturk and loved the staff buy the time we left HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL STAFF FOR THE BEST HOLIDAY IVE EVER HAD
oh and ps if your lucky enough for anything to go wrong the maintanance man is lush!!!
love The Newcastle supporter :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous place, pool/bar area is small enough to keep an eye on our children when they were in the pool - perfect for us. We requested a ground floor room for accessability reasons and we got the closest room to reception, couldn't have been better positioned. Room was clean and very nicely done out, though a tad on the small side (larger rooms upstairs) but over the fortnight we didn't need any more space!
The bar staff & cook were lovely, the Bar Manager asked if we would be eating in at night times, but that's his job - to bring people to the Ozturk restaurant, so I it didn't bother us that he asked. He was nice and always had a smile on his face. We did eat there some evenings & the food was lovely, we were always well fed & the quality/display of the dish was very good. Same price as the menus near the harbour so not bad - Special one night was - a garlic bread with cheese, any chicken dish and a very large ice cream (best ice cream I've had in a long time!) 17tl (aprox £5.50) couldn't get that in uk. You need to look past the white plastic garden table & chairs, but once the food arrives - yum, what white table and chairs!? The waiters - always polite & smiling, ...& messing around/dancing to entertain people.
Loads of places to eat, from one minute away on the corner of the car park (really liked their lemon cake (2pieces for 2tl -approx 66p!) - 3 minutes to the town life, a very upmarket styled area - a beautiful fountain square approx 4-5 mins away, then the harbour approx 10 mins away.
Reception staff - fantastic! Sorry I don't know his name, Big Gentle Bear, he was so caring & always looked out for us. My husband ended flying home a week early due to his deteriating health condition, (thankfully the holiday rep sorted everything out for us, from flight tickets to someone carrying luggage from Ozturk to the UK- which we are v.grateful or). Every day Big Gentle Bear checked on me & my two children and always asked how my husband was getting on, he made the rest of our stay easier - a big thank your BGB :-)
We have never gone to the same place twice, but would go here again.
Thank you to everyone who made this holiday a old one.
Ruth, Francis, Jack and Samantha xx

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have never been to Turkey before so had no idea what to expect. We chose Marmaris because we had heard it was nice and chose Ozturk apartments following the good reviews on Tripadvisor.

We couldn't have been happier either with the resort or the apartments. The staff were all friendly and helpful, however I have to agree with other comments about James the bar manager. He lurks around the door on an evening questioning you why you weren't eating there. He did this many times even though we explained we like to go out on a night and it got where we dreaded seeing him. We did however go to the Turkish night which we enjoyed but wouldn't want to have stayed there all day and night like some. His drinks and icecream prices are high and although we did have a couple of breakfasts there we found better and cheaper in town. He did try to shortchange my children on two occasions when they went to pay for icecreams once to the tune of 10 lire. It was only that I had told my son how much change to expect that he got the right change which is unacceptable. for us he was the only down side in what was a fabulous holiday

Keep it up Ozturk!.

Room Tip: You do need air conditioning although it does cost £30 per week, we were on the front with a balcony...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Me and my family enjoyed 2 weeks here in the ozturk apartments. The apartments are very clean, and we were given a room on the top floor with a great view from the balcony. If I was to stay here again I would ask to stay in one of these rooms as it was very spacious and cleaned every day. The staff are very polite and work very hard to ensure you enjoy your stay here, especially Hamit who has became a good friend of ours and looks after you. The apartments are only a 10 minute walk from the harbour, which has a great night life for those who want to enjoy a night on the town but also for those with a family who want to relax.

The only complaints I have about this hotel, is the bar manager James. He pesters you about the Turkish night on a Thursday, questioning you if you are going and when you will give him the money. One night we made friends and all decided to go for something to eat in faulty towers which I would recommend to eat as it is very cheap and has lovely food. We had to split up into little groups to leave the appartments as James was stood at the entrance of the questioning people "where are you going?" And "why do you not want to eat here?" I believe that this is none if his buissiness especially that the apartments are self catering and it is your choice what you do on YOUR holiday.

The food is nice, however the drinks are a bit pricey which is another reason we chose to eat out. The entertainment is okay, nothing special and is the same most nights.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

These apartments are great very clean, and tidy and really mordern i had a fab holiday here could not ask for better staff all ways there to help you if you need anything. The food is great went out for dinner at the apartments nearly every night because the food was good. The apartments are placed in a good area its just a 5-10 min walk to the harbour. Its that good am going again in a few weeks and am just back would really recommend these apartments if you want a great holiday.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have now had the best holiday I have ever been on, while staying at Ozturk Apartments. I don't know where to start!! The hotel was stunning. The pool was great, the bar was lovely and the rooms were gorgeous. The food at the hotel cannot be faulted, and it was very good value also. The bar staff were fantastic! They were friendly, and great fun to be around! Service from ALL staff was great. Everyone was very helpful, which made a very friendly and comfortable atmosphere to be in. Our rooms were cleaned everyday, which was fantastic. The hotel is situated not too close but not too far from town, which was brilliant for us. Overall, it was a fantastic hotel and i would rate it 10 out of 10. I would especially like to thank Mehmet, James, Hamit, Emre, Ozzy and Alex for such a brilliant stay. I am hoping to return next year, and i must say, I will be very disappointed if the bar staff have changed! Brilliant hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ozturk Apartments? Share your experiences!