“100% absolute!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seray Hotel

You added Seray Hotel to your Saves list
Seray Hotel
Sirinyer Mahallesi Kenan Evren Bulvari Karanfil Sokak No:1, Marmaris 48700, Turkey (Formerly Seray Center Hotel)   |
Ranked #257 of 281 Hotels in Marmaris
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“100% absolute!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed in this hotel at the start on June and traveled with my partner, mam and dad. This hotel does not deserve the bad reviews it receives! First of all for the money you pay what more can you ask for. Food basic but still a variety as my partner is the fussiest eater on the planet and doesn't like anything, however still managed to have something every meal time and occasionally when back for seconds. Drink - not alot to choose from but if your like me and like to get tanked up through the day before heading out on a night it does the job. Yes it does state only one drink at a time but if you explain you would like one for someone else they will happily carry it over for you and give it to them. Rooms cleaned everyday and clean towels, the maids are usually around and happy to help if you have any problems with your room. The pool area was cleaned 3 times a day, after breakfast, dinner and tea. The cats are chased when seen by members of staff but is it really the hotels fault if people are feeding the cats encouraging them to come back, personally i never had a problem the cats being there they don't jump up at you and to be honest don't bother you in the slightest, some people just like to moan! The barman and waiters are very friendly and work for next to nothing, show them respect and you will receive it back it works both ways. The location is a short walk from the beach and very quiet on a nigh time. If I return to Turkey in the future would definitely be this hotel and wont give a second glance at another!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Waited 3 days for fridge to be cleaned, waited 3 days for Clean towels, all inclusive???? NO !!!!!
No warning signs about sloped ceilings, this was our 3rd hotel in 3 days it was better than the others but it was nowhere near a 4*.

• Stayed July 2013
Wigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here again for our second visit 29th june 2013
We didn't have one complaint last year but this year was a completely different story!!
Food is rediculas anyway and we ate out everynight! Luckly Marmaris is cheap to do so but still spend £700! between us for the whole week which if your all inclusive you shouldnt have to do this
Second night a receptionist come from nowhere in the dark corridor asking us our room number ( not explaining himself that he worked at the hotel - he could of been anybody!)
He wanted our spare bed - we was given one double and a small single camp bed
We explained we had clothes on the spare bed but he could come for it in the morning seeing as it was 12.30mid-night when we asked us in the corrider
We left it at that and went to our room - starting to get ready for bed there was a massive BANG BANG BANG on our door - sounded like the POLICE! i was obviously scared and my partner opened the door - it was the horrible receptionist with long greasy hair demanding the spare bed - we said he could have it tomorrow and he said NO 20 MINUTES!!
My partner took the bed down and left it on the landing!! rediculas behaviour at 1am !!
After that for the following 3 nights we was left NO clean towels to have a shower with, first complaint we was told to use out beach towels!! day after again no towels!! my partner went down to another rude receptionist , all he said was " we have none left to give you"
My partner sat in reception until he got some for us. 1 hour later we finally had clean towels for a shower!! This night we was due to attend the moonlight cruise for a meal but because we only got towels at 7.15pm we missed our meeting time for the trip - when i told the receptionist this he shouted " GET TO YOUR ROOM - I GAVE YOU TOWELS" - he made me feel like a child!! how dare they speak to me like this!!
day after that we again had no towels but managed to take some off the maids cart!!
The hotel are questioning why no english go anymore and this is the reason!!! WE ARE TREATED LIKE THIS!!
Dust and dirt under the spare bed was still there for 2 days after it being removed so the rooms wasn't sweeped or mopped for a few days!!
When we arrived at 4.30am the sunday morning i nearly fell on my back because the room had just been mopped and the floor was soaking and deadly!! It is all marble and i could of broken something if i had fell!
A couple we met on holiday also had the rude man to bang on there door at 2am and barge in their room to get them to turn their balcony light off!!!
They do not understand that it is us english who spend and enjoy turkey and their places but yet treat us like this!!
I WILL NOT RETURN HERE!!
My last review was good and didnt have a bad word but please pay more and go somewhere else for a better service!!
P.S Only thing i will rate excellent is the turkish bath and massage!! Amazing !!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

me and my family went on holiday on the 20th june i was supposed to stay at rota sumoy with the rest of my family but as the hotel was fully booked i was taken over to the seray hotel by kaan who booked me in for two days. the staff were very rude and even though we had booked all inclusive i could not use the facillites at the seray i could not eat at this hotel even though i was all inclusive i had to go over to rota samoy who were very friendly. i went to use the pool on the 21st at the seray as i was staying in the hotel and was told i could not use any of the facillites what so ever. on the 22nd i took my neice over to the hotel to bath her as i was the only family member who had a bath as i walked into the hotel i was rudeley stopped by one of the members of staff and was told to leave the hotel. i pointed out i had a key to the room and was stayin in the hotel i was then again told to leave i said thats fine i will go and pack my suitcase which i was then told by the member of staff that they had already packed my suitcase and they were going to bring it down. as you can imagine i was furious and carried on to go up to my room were i found my suitcase packed on the bed with all my belongs in. i then got told to go over to rota samoy where they would sort out what was going on. when i got to rota oz could see i was very angry and asked me what was wrong i told him what had happened and he could not apologies enough for what had happened. he rang the manager at the seray hotel to inform him of what had just happened. he then sent me and my sister on a complimentry excursion to the turkish bath and a complimentry day out at the water park for the whole of the family i could not thank rota samoy enough for what they did but would never stay at the seray hotel again. you get treated appaulingly, rudely spoken to by staff rooms are average but cleansliness is not there strongest point. i couldnt comment on the food as was not allowed to eat there.

Room Tip: if you would like a good tip on how to choose a good room do not stay at this hotel
Newcastle Upon Tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

just spend 10 brilliant nights in this hotel. The reviews we looked at before we went scared us but when we got there we were very pleasantly suprised. The hotel was basic but very clean and all the staff were very nice and very helpful. The food was great and you could always find something to eat from the wide range of salad and main meals usually chicken but cooked in various ways.Only one drink at a time but you could go back as many times and get another only the russian guests complained about this as they did about everything else they also do not like to stand in a que and think they come before every one else. The turkish baths is a must great fun. I had a problem with a knee injury and had to start my holiday on a crutch as i was in so much pain awaiting a hospital appointment on my return to the uk. The massur in the turkish baths gave me a medical massage i could hardly walk down the stairs after 45 mins i walked back up them pain free. It cost me about £10 and i had to go back about five or six times but i didnt have to use the crutch the rest of the holiday and it was the best £50 i have ever spent. The staff in the hotel are very hard working and are very happy to look after you they depend heavily on tips so if you just give them a couple of £ they are very greatfull and they do deserve a small tip. Like the review before this we also had a photo session from the guy in the shop and the photos are amazing well worth the money. I will be returning to this hotel in the futre as we had a lovely holiday cant wait to go back.

Holbæk, Vestsjalland, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I went to thıs hotel for 10 days ın june. Thıs ıs a totally honest revıew.
It was the best holıday that I/we ever had. The rooms are quıt basıc, but they have what you need, and the service ıs excellent.
The hotel had a market, wıtch sells you almost everythıng. We went also to other markets outsıde the hotel, but the market ınsıde the hotel ıs by far the best and they gıve you a good prıce and are so nıce and fırendly.
There ıs also a photograher connected to the hotel. ı would defınately recommand hım and hıs pıctures. You can get a sessıon wıth hım eıther at the hotel or you can go for sunset pıctures. We took the sunset one and bought a album wıtch has almost 30 pıctures ınsıde and then we also had all of the pıctures on a dısc. The prıce for thıs ıs suoer and you can fınd a better prıce og qualıty. You should defınatly go to thıs.

ın total a very good hotel that ıs gıvıng you a relaxıng holıday and has the best market and photographer

Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just came home after 10 days all inclusive,breakfast was toast beans,boiled egg,scrambled egg or cereal.lunch was a bit better chicken, fish,chips,mash pot,curry,salad,various selection of sweets self sevre buffet style.Eve meal simlar but always plenty to choose from.Staff very friendly and helpful.Drink was as people say beer,vodka etc.but plenty of it and please and thank you go a long way,you show them respect and you will get respect back 10 fold.This is true and honest review.Rooms were clean and tidy but basic 3* but towels were changed every day and beds made, Air con free but some rooms it did not work.Travelled with family and we all had a great time.Would definately go back.This hotel does not deserve bad reviews but some people just like to moan as i saw when i was there.Turkish bath well worth a try exellent.

Room Tip: Front facing i found better .My daugter's room was on the other side their air con did not work...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Seray Hotel? Share your experiences!