“Friendliest hotel in the marmaris and great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seray Hotel

You added Seray Hotel to your Saves list
Seray Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Sirinyer Mahallesi Kenan Evren Bulvari Karanfil Sokak No:1, Marmaris 48700, Turkey (Formerly Seray Center Hotel)   |
Ranked #259 of 284 Hotels in Marmaris
manchester
“Friendliest hotel in the marmaris and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

stayed 10 nights early august 2012 . The hotel is in a great location ,100 yards to the beach.The staff were excellent,our rooms were cleaned daily and towels every other day. this hotel is in TURKEY so dont expect a full english !!!. ,the choice of food on offer was fresh and clean,the salad bar excellent. For what we paid (£325) for this stay we have no complaints whatsoever. We are hoping to go back in september. A great base with loads of bars and restaurants close by.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Well please read these reviews and believe them, I read them and decided to make my opinion I wish I had listen this hotel is awful, it's all inclusive 4 star oh no it's not... I never expected luxury as I know well that turkey stars are not like other country star rated hotels this is a one star at most and it should not be all inclusive, all they want is your money, the hotel website says,gym, games rooms, sauna,food and drink, safe box, aircon,fridge. Let's start with no fridge in room. Aircon ok that worked well and was in price safety box at extra charge per week. Gym sauna games room all at extra charges not included, meals served 3 times a day if u miss it u have to pay for snacks I know other hotels give u free snacks in between, the drink are served in plastic cups I understand why as round pool but their tiny and u might aswell stand at bar all the time cause two sips and it's gone, the staff need to learn how to smile once in a while they don't make u feel welcome at all, miserable buggers, no entertainment at all. In or out of the hotel marmaris has changed so much not much to do really apart from shop and drink no entertainment. I got charged for safety box key as it broke when they gave me it and wouldn't get us new key till we paid, the room itself wasn't bad fair size cleaned everyday new towels everyday, but disappointed at no fridge. The tv was the worst out of 5 channels 2 English 24 hour news channels repeates over and over the ther 3 channels are Turkish awfull films no point in having tv at all they won't give u good channels as they want u to spend money in their restaurant now that has all channels u could want again money making schemes, I wouldn't advise this hotel at all, kids lived on chips buttys food was awfull bread chips salad and pasta I like them all usually but what they mix it with tastes discussting, it's not edible at all take lots of extra cash so you can eat out, they will try and make u eat in the hotel and pay its all money money money, seriously guys listen to these reviews people are not being petty they are being serious if u want luxury 5 star all inclusive then pay that kind of money you expect for those services. I wouldn't be surprised if this hotel actually closes soon oh and it's all Russians there aswell not many British, I melter was a lot more nicer quieter and all British a lot more friendly but still no entertainment, we spent most of our holiday in Icmeler and it was lovely marmaris is now hassle and money money money such a shame I have very fond memories from years of holidays there will not be returning again, turkey I love I won't let this experience put me ff other areas .

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

2 weeks supposedly "all inc" cost £710.00 EACH!! fair enough if it realy is 4 star,
No fridge for first week untill i found out someone else had one and asked reception for one . Took them 2 days of been reminded before they gave us one out of another room which was barely cold . Food horrendous. I lived on bread and cheese for first week as we went away without any money for a supposedly cheap break (all in ) . The cheese sandwhiches were warm incidently washed down with warm water because lack of fridge . You dont get a balcony, you get a balcony shared between 2 rooms so its cut in half .Dont worry , if you fall out with your other half only one of you can fit on it so you can sulk alone in peace. satalite T.V. is brilliant . So long as your turkish ,french or love watchin 24 hour news , cos thats all you have got .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I'll start at the beginning with arrival at hotel. We had to haul our suitcases etc in ourselves as no-one came out to greet us. Booking in general attitude of can't be bothered and didn't even offer us as much as a drink of water on arrival. Given key for room and left to find it ourselves
Room was clean and tidy but very basic. Only one electric socket. Very hard uncomfortable bed which actually was so bad it gave me pain in my back and ribs although my partner was ok [having a bit more padding than me] Balcony tiny so we didn't use it at all. One plus point was it did have plenty of wardrobe space.

Staff barely speak English and hotel overun with Russians. Staff looked miserable and were not very friendly or helpfull at all which came as a bit of a shock to me having been to Turkey many times and finding the people very friendly before.

Advertised as 4* all inclusive but IT IS NOT. We ended up having to eat out costing us more money than we should have needed. Food was dreadful and ran out within the first hour without any more being provided. If you are not there within a half hour of the start of mealtimes you may as well forget it. Feel sorry for anyone who goes there with young children and on a tight budget as it will end up costing you more to take them out for food.

Pool was ok but not enough sun loungers or parasols for everyone. Plastic chairs and tables round pool area were dirty looking and about a third of the chair seats were broken. Drinks served in horrible little plastic beakers and definately watered down. If you want snacks or crisps, ice cream etc you have to pay for them.

The only plus point about this hotel is it is only 5 minutes walk to the beach, which is where we spent most of our time as the pool was hogged by the Russians as was the food and drink and everything else.

No information provided on our pick up time for transfer to the airport and in the end we had to pay reception 3 lira to phone them for us to find out our pick up time. Have to vacate your room at noon and we had to pay £15 to keep it till 4.30 pm as our transfer pick up wasn't till 9pm.

Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There are plenty of good hotels in Turkey so my advice would be book somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

One of the worst hotels I have stayed in! Bedrooms were very unclean, and beds extremely uncomfortable. I stayed on the 4th floor of which the ceiling was so low, being 5'6 my head hit the ceiling. I would not recommend.

• Stayed June 2012
Maidstone, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I booked this last minute through Thomas Cook and really wished I had not. We paid £900 for 7 nights in an all inclusive 4* hotel and this place scrapes a 2* if it’s lucky.

I will start around the pool:
There are only 9 umbrellas for the 80 rooms the hotel has, and they are no where near enough sun loungers for even half of the guests, the tables are all sticky with spilled drinks, rubbish is still there the next day. Weeds are growing around the edge of the pool.

The bar:
Most of the time due to being close to the pool, the drinks are served in horrid plastic beakers, they all stink of Raki which has an aniseed smell to it. In the evening you can get a glass if you are lucky, I counted the beer glasses and they had about 20, a similar amount of spirit glasses and a few wine glasses. That’s it, so once you had a glass you never put it down.

The drinks served are warm as 90% of the time they had no ice, when they did they just stuffed your dirty glass into the ice bucket to scoop up the ice, when pouring a drink from a bottle they place their thumb over the neck to stem the flow. All drinks were very weak. The beer was cold and tasted ok BUT twice in my 7 night stay they ran out of beer and the same happened with the vodka they ran out of that as well. This is supposed to be all inclusive….

The food:
The food for me was very bad, several days I just had bread and soup. For breakfast there was boiled eggs and baked beans as the main choice, it was the same every day. You also had cold meat and cheese which again was the same kind every day.

Most lunchtimes there were chips and a couple of dishes of some meat or pasta, but it was never labelled, there was of course salad etc. It was the same with the evening meal a choice of 2 main dishes.
This is the only hotel I have ever lost weight in, my wife lived on salads, it should never every be all inclusive as they cannot offer a choice of food.

On our first night there, we walked through the nice restaurant that is at the front of the hotel and we were stopped by a waiter and told don’t eat in there the food is crap, eat out here where you have to pay and the drinks are nice with a choice of cocktails etc. I was not a happy bunny I can tell you as it’s the same management and part of the hotel but not all inclusive. They give you crap food and drink so you pay again!!

The room:
The room was clean and was kept clean and the aircon was ice cold.
The bed was rock hard and you could not wait to get out of it in the morning.
The bathroom was not so good, the finish around the basin had worn through, no plugs in the bath or basin, there was a bit of string to pull to flush the loo, the hair drier electric socket was loose so we dare not use it. When showering the water sprayed sideways along over the basin and dripped through the lights. There were cracked tiles and dirty looking corners.

The staff:
The manger behind the desk was very rude and many guests disliked him. The key to our safety deposit box in our room broke off in the lock as it was very worn, I was charged £30 by him to get it unlocked.

I was very ill and needed a chemist and they were shut as it was Sunday, only 1 waiter was willing to help me, the management just said find a taxi. Another guest came to my rescue in the end.

The waiters are nice but few speak English.

If you pay for a nice holiday and book to go here you are mad…………..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Ok so when I booked this hotel I paid £105pp for 2 people all inclusive for 10 nights, I can't complain at that price!

The hotel itself is clean, the rooms were cleaned every day, the staff were brilliant and the pool was a nice size and was lovely and warm in the sun. There were enough sun loungers on most days and they were in the sun all day but they also had sun umbrellas which are all free.

The food was basic and we didn't really fancy the breakfast as it was a continental style breakfast but you are in Turkey! The lunch and tea were similar and often had pasta, chicken and chips and there was plenty of salad and fresh fruit. This isn't the best but when it's so cheap you get what you pay for and you can eat out for 15tl so roughly £5. The soft drinks on the all inclusive were cheaper versions of Fanta oranga, Coke and Sprite, they don't taste like these but I found the Fanta fine to drink. For alcohol they had lager which was Perge and I found that nice and would drink this in the evening. My girlfriend would drink the gin, vodka and raki and she found these really wouldn't get her drunk so we'd recommend buying your own and mixing it with their drinks.

If you are looking for a cheap hotel and don't mind eating out every so often then this is a good hotel. It is in a good location near to all of the shops and bars and there is a restaurant at the front of the hotel which we ate in once and found this to be nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Seray Hotel? Share your experiences!