“Never Stay here!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
hartlepool
“Never Stay here!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

We have just got back from tyhe Seler Hotel in Marmaris, Turkey. We stayed there for 2 weeks, and when we first arrived everything seemed ok, then it all changed. The rooms are small and they where not cleaned every day, and when they where cleaned the towels were not always changed and the floors where never mopped until the day before we came home. the shower ceiling in our room was falling in and I told someone about it and I am still waiting for someone to come and look at it. My son went into the shower one night to find cockroaches running around on the floor, and coming through the drains. The staff are friendly enough but if the centre of attition is not on them they have to take it away so it is all about them.

While we where there the prices of water went up and down, one day it was 1 lira the next it was 1.50 lira, dont think they knew what to charge.

The noise in the hotel was very quite through the day but on a night it was terrible, after 12am the music would go up and people would through themselves into the pool at 3 in the morning. There was one nite when me, my son and daughter didn't get to sleep till 4am, and when you said something to one of the waiters all you got was " well people are on their holidays."

I have been to Marmaris for the last 3 years and stayed in all bed and breakfast hotels and this one was the worst i have ever stayed in, and I will not be going back to the seler again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Turkish first
birmingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

this so called hotel is located in a residential area and when i went on the balcony i was face to face with turkish men asleep on their balconys. the room was said to be basic this is an understatement there is just the beds a wardrobe and a mirror there is no kettle no hair drier the towels were stained and dirty grey. the staff were miserable and there was no holiday atmosphere at all. by the 7th day we could no longer stand the thought of going back there so i paid to stay at another hotel. the breakfast was not edable there was no eggs they charged 1.50 TL for each one also it was 3TL for cereal. the staff would look around to check that u hadnt bought any food in from outside as this was not allowed you could not even bring in water to drink by the pool or in ur roomon several occations staff would shout and swear at holiday makers for bringing in water by the pool that they had bought from the shop you are to buy all food and drink from their bar this is more expensive than the shops. i would not recomend anyone pay to stay at this hell hole i have made an official complaint to thoms cook

Newcastle ,U.K
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

Please take my advice and do not go to this hotel! Myself my girlfriend and my moter in law had a disgusting experience at this hotel it was the pitts.
Take into consideration that we have stayed in many third world no frills countries like India, Morrocco, Egypt and so on, our expectations were not high and having been 8 times to turkey between us we knew the rooms would be very basic and clean.

This was not the case at this hotel. To sum up our problems I've bullet pointed them, ( any futher qu's just ask! )
*Room was filthy falling to bits,
*staff washed used forks with a serviette and handed them to us to our astonishment!!
*Room was like a shed top floor 8 sets of stairs no lift??
*Balcony was unsafe, as was the dripping roof of room!
*Window sills covered in dead insects
*Bed contained dirty stains and pubic hair on floor in corner of bathroom and clogging the plug! I kid you not :(
*Pool was tiny
*Food was warm and not fresh or even edible.
*Caters for 18-30 low lives who want to drink 24/7..harsh but true
*If you like benidorm, malia or binge drink hot spots you will love it here, if you have kids or want more than the culture to be found at the bottom of a shot glass then stay well clear please!!

In conclusion it took us an extra dayof our holiday and £300 to move from this ***hole, usually i would begrudge paying this but we were desperate to leave it was very destressing being there.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

When we first booked this hotel we read some of the reviews and it was mixed reviews but we were aware that the rooms would be small because through these reviews we had already been told but apart from that the place was fantastic.
There were only 2 of us that went both aged 20 but we weren't looking for the clubber holiday. The transfer took a while to get to the hotel and usually one of the last drop offs so it can take between 2.5/3 hrs transfer from dalaman airport. We arrived at about 6 o clock at night and unfortunately were on the 7 th floor, I will point out there is no lift at this hotel. Mo ( a member of staff) carried our luggage up the stairs. The room was fairly small and basic but that was what we expected. Twin beds, wardrobe, small balcony, shower room.

The location of the hotel i think is awesome. It takes 5 mins to walk to the beach and bars/restaurants which are all along the beach front but it is also out of the way of the main road and main area so it is quiet too. The only thing i would say that as 2 young girls we never left it too late to walk back to the hotel, as it is off the main street there are no street lights and you do get some dodgy men but i think you also get that back home its just common sense. We always went out for some food just to have a look around the area. We came back to the hotel around 12ish and sat around the bar for the rest of the evening. The bar staff will always stay until the last person goes to bed.

The breakfast is basic, they do other food but you have to pay for them, but it is a small buffet consisiting of bread, butter, cucumber, tomatoes, cheese and honey. Not fantastic but depends what food your in to. We only got up once for the breakfast, greasy spoon down the road is a fantastic place for food and cheap too.

The staff made this holiday for us, they all spoke excellent english and would do anything for you. As it is only a small hotel they made every efforst to know everybody and help in anyway. Guwan (pronounced iwan) Mo and mehmet where fantastic, they had a laugh kept us enetertained and we do miss them!!! Im already planning my next holiday back there!!!

On a thursday night they do turkish night and i would highly recommed it. They have acts that come in and perform and then have music and dances that include the auidence. I cant believe some of the bad reviews that this place has had and i think that everybody makes the holiday how they want it. I probably wouldn't advise it to people who care what there rooms are like or people who pick at everything and actually want a 5 star hotel. This is a 2 star hotel but we loved it!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
northampton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

this was our worst holiday ever as we havebeen to turkey 3 times now and this was a night mare from start to finish thats why we stayed out and only used this as a base also if you go bed and breakfast dont expect cereals for the kids or juice as they only did there breakfast which was rubbish olives cucumber tomatoes salty cheese and bread and butter with jam and honey if you want this then by all means go there but i wouldnt pay twice again for no body not even thomas cook

Reading
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

I booked this hotel knowing that the rooms were likely to be small compared to some hotels which I have stayed in, but well, when I arrived with my mum and my young daughter, I couldn't beleive my eyes - the room was so small that you would not be able to swing a cat round - the room they had put us in is meant to be a room for 2 people, but they had squeezed another bed in which meant they moved the wardrobe so close to the balcony door that you could hardly get out on to the balcony. After complaining we were moved to a much bigger and better room. After speaking to many of the other guests, exactly the same had happened to them too.

The staff (not to mention any any names) made you feel guilty for going out of an evening - it was expected that you stayed in the hotel the whole time - felt like our every move was being watched and then would be "snubbed" the next day.

It would appear that the pools do not get cleaned because after several days of my daughter being in the swimming pool she caught an ear infection - and it would appear that 7 other people also caught ear infections.

My advice is not to book this hotel as I would never ever go back there.

Marmaris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

I read all of the reviews before going away and I was worried that I was going to be staying in one of the worst places ever but when I got there the first thing they did was take our cases off us and carry them upstairs. They were very friendly and didn't harrass you at all. The room was of ample size (2 single beds, one wardrobe and a bedside cabinet and a mirr or with a shelf underneath) Plenty of room for a fortnight.
The maid came in every day and took the rubbish and made the beds, every three days she changed the towels and if you stay for a fortnight she changes the bed after the first week.
We were never up in time for breakfast but we bought bacon sarnies from the hotel and they were the best in the resort. Doesn't matter what time you got up you could always get a sunbed.
On a thursday night they have a turkish night, we went twice - one week was lamb shank, soup and fruit and the second week was a barbecue which we enjoyed and they have entertainment on.
I recommend that you don't change much money in england as you get a better rate in Turkey and the best place was the supermarket across the road from the hotel (england 2.38 - 2.42, supermarket 2.47 - 2.51)
Just down the road from the hotel there is a market on a Tuesday and you can get all your clothes, adidas, nike, lascoste, D & G etc 4 and 5 tshirts/vest tops for £10. You just have to be careful on your luggage allowance because dalaman airport is very strict.
For meals I would recommend you try the Picadilly, Honeymoon and the Greasy Spoon.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Seler Hotel? Share your experiences!