“Rubbish all together!” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   187 Sok No 5 Marmaris Merkez, Marmaris 48700, Turkey   |
Ranked #142 of 281 Hotels in Marmaris
“Rubbish all together!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I would not advise you to stay in this hotel especially if your British! We got there and then we had to move to club dena across the road,but we still had to eat at irmak,the food was slop! The bar was only on from 10 in the morning to 10 at night,and being English we obviously like to drink! the rooms are basic but very dirty sheets, one towel to share and you'd have to buy your own toilet roll! we had to eat out a lot but then upgraded to half board at club dena which being all inclusive we shouldn't of had to do,I'm appalled with both hotels and they don't deserve a 2 star never mind a 3 or 4, I'm so angry that our family has spent over a grand that we had for shopping but we've had to spend it on food,I will be getting in touch with Thomas cook very soon as I haven't been home long,DON'T GO HERE!!

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Writing a review really isn't my thing, reading them usually annoys me because I prefer to make up my own mind, but I really wish I'd looked and listened because I write this now while in turkey! Annoyed and quite clearly being ripped off to the max!! My husband and daughter paid a lot of money for this bank holiday all inclusive. We got here at 5am to be told we couldn't check in until 2pm that's a 9 hour wait after all day travelling? I was livid, so they sent us to prison" in a word, Told us we send u to better hotel.. The sun princess and oh my word this was beyond disgusting we didn't eat or sleep and sat in the reception for 5 hours begging to speak to a rep, of course one wasnt available, so we went back to the irmak at 2pm to check in as stated and they told us to pay 200 lira because we went to this sun princess on our own accord. Again I was fuming but if we didn't pay it we weren't allowed to remain in their hotel as its theft??? Tired and hungry we just paid it! After this we asked if we could now go to our rooms, the reception told us no sorry we've got no room! Again I was angry! 24 hours with No sleep. So they sent us across the road to the club dena which isn't all inclusive, we are allowed to drink here but not eat! The food in the irmak is absolutely disgusting, I'm not being fussy because I'd eat chips if I had to but this is slop that's left over from the previous day. The English are treat like lepers as its a very strong Russian hotel. I've rang my travel company complaining several times now as we've spent a bomb eating out moving, drinking and taxis! I do not ever in my life wish to go through what we are doing now! Stuck here paying to live and getting looked down on because we've complained? Shut this hotel chain down it's by far the worse place we have ever visited. Some of u might think ah but you get what u pay for? Not here u don't, not a bed not the food and certainly not the service! If you go, go knowing you won't get so much as a one star reception! Stay away from here please trust me! I want a flight home ASAP it's ruined our summer holiday

• Stayed August 2013
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel may not look great, but it is! The rooms are cleaned every day, the maids change your sheet and towels and the staff are very hospitable and always in a friendly mood! The beach is near, the hotel pool is also very good with crystal clear water. We just got back from Marmaris, we went there with a 20- month old child, and she also enjoyed it very much. The food is nice, although it can be a little spicy, but there is always something else that you can ask from the cooks.Something that is also very important is that the bar is open almost all day long and you can drink whatever there is to drink. The waiters, barmen, managers and receptionists are incredibly polite and always willing to talk to you and help you or give you advice about all that you want to know. We had a brilliant stay at the Irmak hotel, we recommend it to everyone and we would 100% go back there again!!
Best regards to the staff of the hotel, you guys are THE BEST!!
Greetings from Serbia :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The irmak hotel is a lovely little hotel,about a 10min walk 2 the beach,food is basic,the staff are great they will help you out,there's a mini bus to take you 2 navada beach n picks u back up,the hotel is clean,if you want they will change your bedding for you,i must admit we love going back twice a year.

• Stayed September 2012
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

First time in turkey we was nervous because everyone was saying it was horrible and the hotel reviews were not that great BUT it was the total opposite it was a great place the food was great and the rooms were average the best part was the staff, you could have a laugh with them and they all looked out for you, akeem the bar man was brilliant was always happy to say he was always working then there was mustaffa and baha they were the funniest guys ever you couldnt walk past them without laughing and then there was mazlum he was great and very friendly. It was the best holiday ever i was advise everyone to go or you are missing out. There is a lot of polish and russian they are very friendly and always up for a chat and sometimes want drinking competitions. We were the only english in the hotel and had a fab time so ignore the bad reviews we got home saturday after a 10 day break and off back in september. THE FLETCHER FAMILY!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed in the irmak in may last year then again in sepember for a month,n we went again this year n we had a brillent time,the staff r brill,if u like mr bean(aka rowan attkinson),there's a guy there called mustifia he's the spit of mr bean,they cater for everybody's needs,the food is gud,ya room is kept clean,it's a 5min walk 2 the beach,u can catch the dolmus in 2 town,we cant wait 2 go back again in september.

• Stayed September 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you are going to Turkey for your holiday, one place I would highly recommend in Marmaris is Irmak Hotel. My holiday couldn't be any better. Staff is really nice and friendly, lots of entertainment, nice hotel, great food, and super service. Nice memories to remember. I will definitely go back this August.
I definitely worths every penny you spend and great location

Room Tip: I think rooms on the south side are better