“Great hotel, wonderful food” 5 of 5 stars

Turunc Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Turunc Beldesi Marmaris Merkez, Marmaris 48740, Turkey   |
Ranked #54 of 281 Hotels in Marmaris
Highlands
“Great hotel, wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Lovely hotel, off the beaten track, great facilities and polite friendly staff.
The food was just brilliant - loads of choice and all beautifully presented - something for everyone, even fussy children.
Lots of choice of pools and places to sunbathe, brilliant waterpark right on tap, and the beach area was absolutely stunning.
This is a lovely hotel, thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Family rooms on 2 levels - brilliant idea!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place is amazing, so relaxing (the Balinese masseuse at the SPA are great stuff!) the sea is crystal clear and there are so many swimming pools that you could be swimming all day long.
My hubby & I have been there from Oct 19th to 26th and when we arrived the sun was shining and the first two days we've been sunbathing all day but no suffering as there was a light breeze blowing therefore nice tan but no sweat.
Though the third day was a disappointment: it started raining heavily and it kept on for the following 2 days!
However we didn't get much bored as the SPA is great - very friendly and helpful staff - there is a hot Jacuzzi on the first flooe of this SPA as well as sauna and Turkish bath which kept us pleasantly busy.
There is also a game room with ping-pong, videogames, table-soccer etc.
The hotel has an all-inclusive formula, so you can eat and drink all day and never get hungry or thirsthy - all this included in the room-price only!
Though I need to warn you if you like your wine as much as I do: THEIR WINE IS THE WORST I'VE EVER TASTED!!!
It didn't take me long to go to the town centre (less than a 10-min pleasant walk by the riviera) and find a friendly shop (Chef mini-market) where I bought a decent wine for 15 Turkish Liras and a cork opener... And so I did for the rest of my holiday! You can buy it and keep it in your room's fridge, this is my top-tip.
The food though is very good, huge selection of both hot and cold dishes, salads, puds, etc.
All in all a very good stay.
Nonetheless, besides the wine-thingy, for me there were two more down-sides: the mattresses are rock hard and the wi-fi only works in the lobby.
But again, very beautiful place, we'll definitely be going again.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea-view room
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Not 4* as advertised by Thomas cook, staff ok if you we're a woman but not if you are a couple, location good but transfer very long, would I go back, no. Would go back to Turkey though maybe a little earlier in the year.

• Stayed October 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was extremely impressed with Hotel Turunc. It was a lovely hotel. We arrived at the airport at around 10pm their time and got taken to the hotel on a minibus with a few other people. The transfer took 3 hours which isn’t too great when you’re starting to get tired after all the travelling beforehand plus the driver of our minibus going both there and on our way back after our holiday stopped at a service station for about 20/30 minutes where they encourage you to buy stuff and the drivers of the buses obviously get some money or free drinks or something for stopping off there which when you’re tired and just wanna get there isn’t the best but not a huge problem.

Got to the hotel and a couple of weeks before, I emailed them asking whether it would be possible to get a room with a sea view. I left it at that thinking that we may or may not get one depending on whether they have room and whether they even take note of requests. So we got our bags taken and were showed to our room by a member of staff and were put in room 1401. I immediately wanted to see whereabouts our room was and what the view from the balcony was like (I love balconies!) and we had a beautiful view (even though it was obviously dark) of the mountain and the bay, it was the sea view I wanted!! I was so happy.

The food is amazing, having barbequed food every night outside with one night being a Turkish night and the food was absolutely beautiful. I enjoyed going down to dinner every night as the food was lovely. I never struggled for something to eat.

The room was nice too, no issues with it at all except for the last night we stayed before going home, there was a huge storm and it was throwing it down with rain for hours none stop and the room started leaking in the bathroom but it wasn’t major plus it was the last night/day so I wasn’t too fussed.

The beach was lovely, I needed my water shoes when going into the sea as it is a bit harsh on your feet but we’d bought some before we went but there are some for sale in the hotel shop. There is also a jewellery shop, and a barbers plus the spa.

We were going to go to the spa and while we were sunbathing a man approached us and told us it would be £40 each for a Turkish bath including a facial and a massage but when walking around the town that evening we were approached by a man who said we could have the same thing for £20 each due to it being end of season and they were shutting that Saturday so we decided to go with them instead and it was absolutely lovely. So relaxing and very different, I would definitely do it again.

The little town of Turunc itself is just down the road from the hotel, a walk by the side of the bay is lovely past all the boats and then the lovely little shops and restaurants start to appear. Plenty of lovely little things for sale and the people are so helpful and nice in the shops.

Looking at the other reviews too, people have mentioned the music being really loud and being able to hear it everywhere. The week that we went though, you could barely hear it, perhaps they turn it down when it’s close to end of season but it was at a nice low volume. You could hear it around the busy pool more and you could hear it on the beach and at the quiet pool but it was at a good volume, sort of in the background sort of volume.

We decided after the Turkish night of food at the hotel that we wanted to eat out to experience it again and we chose a restaurant which was up some stairs and had a view of the bay. I can’t remember what it was called but it’s up a lot of steps just before all the shops start in Turunc town. It was absolutely amazing, I cannot even describe how nice the food was, I have never had anything nicer. It was beautiful, I could have licked the plate it was that nice! The service was brilliant as well.

All in all, it was a wonderful holiday and my partner and I are the kind of people that would go to a hotel once and not go again but we both have said that we would definitely in a couple of years go back to Hotel Turunc.

danestone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

having returned from our 2 weeks in the turunc hotel 0n the 22 nd october 2012,i felt after reading some reviews that i had to put in my review,the view from the hotel is just great,the area is fantastic,the hotel is all you can you would want, really clean , the staff very helpfull and cannot do enough for you,from the night reception on arrival and the concierge
thaking you to your room, to the very bottom cleaning up staff in the resturant all have a smile on their faces,the food well where do i start, breakfast has omelettes cooked in front of you to the normal breads, fruit, ceral,fresh fruit etc,all the water, juice,tea coffe.and alcohol from 10 am till midnight that you want the snack bar to afternoon tea and coffee with cake to the evening meal wich was cooked in front of you to the normal food that you get at home , ie chips and burger if you want , while we were there we had turkish night which you are introduced to turkish food , the drinks are local spirits, the village is a few minutes walk away if you need to go for the shops , but the hairdresser eyyep on site is very good and ella does great peadicures and threading eyebrows to her husband who runs the jewellry shop, not to miss out the health store with the great massages that i had a few times . the on site waterpark with the 7 slides is great.people found things like i want sunday roast to complain about as we didnt get the things like that as this is british food and guess what we were in turkey not in britain,if you want british food stay at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!
once you get over the mountain and see the resort ,things are really great its not as bad as some peolple have said for the transfer.
my thanks go out to KAMEL and his staff for a 2 weeks holiday and as ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER says we will be back.

Room Tip: take a kettle for a eary morning cuppa as we did, the rooms have a fridge and the bathroom has a hai...
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Recently returned from a wonderful time at this hotel, everything was excellent, our only slight frustration with the hotel was they use small glasses for all inclusive drinks, larger glasses would mean less trips to the bar. So all in all a fab place to stay, tidy, clean, friendly, good staff, nice food, plenty of choice. Great 5 bays boat trip offered by the hotel (all inc 50 lira each). We will probably return to this hotel, Turunc is a lovely calm place to stay.
However we did have a major problem regarding this holiday which I can sum up in two words THOMAS COOK, what a set of retarded jokers, transfer took over 4 hours, swapped coaches down a dark side street in Marmaris, not enough room for us all with cases, rep was going to leave us until we insisted she stay until we were all on a mini bus (they arranged another extra one). Then about twenty of us were in reception at 11.30 as arranged for the reps meeting, no rep in sight so fifteen minutes later I went in search of her and found her in a meeting room with some other guests half way through the reps meeting! She was very abrupt and accused all of us of being late to reception, we were definitely not late. The meeting commenced with us all present and she proceeded to babble what can only be described as 'made up rubbish' (I was going to swear here but my partner would not let me!) She had no idea about the local area or hotel. If you want to know anything ask staff or chat to other guests. We found everyone so friendly and helpful. So to sum up, brill holiday, but Thomas Cook need some competition!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Went for a week in the middle of October weather was fantastic!
Didn't arrive until the early hours of the morning but was quickly seen to and checked in.
Food was standard and pretty much the same stuff each night..highly reccomend going to the snack bar near the pool between 2 and 4 can order off the menu and the waffles and icecream are lush!
Staff were friendly and maids were good.
Had a Turkish bath and massage which was £40 but well worth it!
The town is a 10 minute walk and there is hardly any pressure or hassle when buying things however on Monday when the market is held there it is quite hard to find and got hassled into buying things we did not want!
My only complaint is the transfer, takes about 3 hours and a scary ride around the mountains, me and my partner where clinging on when we saw the steep drops on the side! But don't let this put you off as the drivers do this daily and take it slow
All in all this hotel is fantastic had a lovely time amazing views and peaceful location, been back for 2 days and we are already planning our holiday to this hotel for next year!

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Turunc Hotel? Share your experiences!