“AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 104 Specialty Lodging in Marmaris
Lisburn, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

this is the first time that we have stayed in the karatas and i must say i had an amazing time.i have been to marmaris 8 times and this is the best apartments we have stayed in.these apartments are run by a family(husband and wife) i couldnt fault these apartments.the couple have just took over the apartments and i must say they couldnt have been more helpful and friendly..you never needed to ask them to clean your room as they already had it done.the apartments where very clean and i could not fault it in anyway.if you wanted a take out they called for you and got you what ever you liked.the pool area was excellent.really enjoyed my stay will be going back next year and really looking forward to seeing them again..i wish them all the best in the furture with there new adventure.would advise anyone who is looking to go to marmaris to really consider the karatas apart otel

lynne (northern ireland)

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

stayed in marmaris 20 times in 10 years 2nd time at these apartments me my husband my 2 friends had fantastic time would not stay anywhere else couple who run apartments and there family were fantastic rooms great no faults cleaned daily waited on hand and foot fantastic meals (can,t wait 2 go in june) okay la

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We do not expect 5 star accom for what we paid but i am sure everyone expects there holiday accom to be clean,first of all the location is great,the pool area was clean and the barman was friendly.
As for the actual apartment,the bedroom furniture was disgusting and net curtain was the same,towels actually looked like they had never been washed it looked like blood stains on them.
Bathroom was filthy,then in the living area there was the dirtiest carpet with cigarette burns on it,no cooker but a cooker hood? the only good thing was a new fridge in it,on the balcony the ashtray was over flowing and the floor was filthy.
We went downstair to complain but they were not interested so we called the rep we said just change our room and as long as its clean we will stay but still no luck from the hotel management,The rep could not find us another place to stay so we ended up buying bleach and we both scrubbed the place and put the carpet out the door.
To be honest if the management had done this we would have been ok about it all but they did not care and it took 3 days for them to get us a new 2 ring cooker.
We have stayed many places all over Turkey but Karatas is the dirtiest place we have ever been,i am sure other aparts in the block were much better or cleaner than ours and if the management had even said they were sorry and cleaned the place then that would have been enough for us but their attitude was could not care less which is a shame because like i said the location was great and if they spent a bit of money on refurbing they could
make more money and people would come back..
I rated 1 for the location certainly not for cleanliness or the management or owner as they need to realise people will complain if they are not happy and in tourism you have to listen to your customers.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have just returned from these apartments and whilst I like to write as positive a review about most places I stay in regular in Turkey it is hard for me to find much good to say about here along with a hotel I spent 2 nights in of which I will review after this.

When a hotel takes a booking and its stated clearly the guest is ill/disabilities the last thing you do is drive them mentally insane by placing them in the apartment by the pool and bar where every single night for 2 weeks we was kept awake by the very loud large family who took over the bar area along with the waiter and blasted out the music until 5am every morning and were so loud it was not reasonable. I appreciate people want a holiday and fun but that was too much. It is unreasonable when everywhere else turns the music down at midnight and guests and bar staff stayed up so long it left us needing to sleep during the day through lack of sleep during the night every night. They were so loud it was shocking and the apartment managers and owners did not deal with it probably because they were more interested in making money from the bar than anything else. The waiter was eventually sacked almost 2 weeks later and still they were awake at 7am one morning after he was sacked and they were still going strong and being served drinks and making a lot of noise.

I was even more disgusted at 2 women messing around is the polite way of putting it with 2 men they met that night outside my bedroom window. 4am in the morning and doing what i consider to be disrespectful things in a public place down the side of the apartments for all to hear especially us as it was directly outside the bedroom window. I was shocked when the staff asked me who it was and to describe them and I told them I was not so stupid as to pop my head out of the window and take a description of who was having sex outside my window. Another guests also complained at hearing them as it went on long enough and she was very upset because she had a young child. I ended up having 2 cups of tea and putting on my mp3 player just so I didnt have to hear it any longer. Im not sure if my mp3 player ran out before they did but they then went onto have yet more drinks.

The hotel didnt inform me my holiday company had tried contacting me several times as I wanted to be moved and the hotel then offered me an apartment at the top of the building and I could barely walk. When I said it was not appropriate the young lad working there told me I was offered a change and I was being un acceptable for not accepting it and I pointed out as they had no lift how did he intend for me to walk up all those flights of stairs every day with a disability that affects my waking,. He was rude and showed no care.

The apartments are run down and very ill equipped. The bedroom door was rotten all at the bottom. The kitchen had just 2 knives and forks and no knives for cutting and no bowls, just one frying pan and no other pots or pans at all. It is the worst equipped self catering apartments I have stayed in and ive stayed in a few. The bedroom window did not open and when forced open it nearly fell off and then we couldnt close it which was a disadvantage on the night of the above para. The apartments need repairs done and im shocked they have not been repaired as they are clearly long term outstanding repairs. I came back to my apartment several times to the front door open and still unsure why. I know it was locked when I left. Maybe a faulty door lock. The net curtains were extremely dirty and the curtains that are supposed to give privacy were so broken they were hanging up by 2 clips and it fell off by the maids hands and she left it on the sofa. We had no privacy at all so every night we could be seen by all at the pool and bar if we had the lights on.

One day whilst familiar with the extra taps ie bidet I noticed a leak behind the toilet and I was stupid enough to try and tighten it and that was a mistake. The tap fell off in my hand and water was like a mini fountain that shot out over the toilet and onto the floor and I couldnt stop it as the tap was in my hand. A little while later, a flooded bathroom floor that I skidded on whilst trying to seek advice from my FB friends on my mobile on how to sort it out and finally i replaced it and turned it off.

The plug sockets are dangerous and sparked when taking out plugs and hanging off the walls and need urgent repair and renewing.

The wireless didnt work most of the time and every day they said they were getting it repaired or they said everyone else had the same problem with their wireless which wasnt true and just a brush off. the staff were not very good although a ladies husband spoke good English and was very helpful with my computer. he was very polite and nice.The only decent one there with his great young son.

The reception lady contacted my holiday company after i got worried as to why they still hadnt tried to contact me back after all that time only to find out they had and the staff didnt tell me they had contacted me. She then tried to charge me for the privilege of calling the holiday company which she didnt want to do and probably because she knew they had tried to contact me and i wasnt told. She then called a rep on her mobile whilst I was on the phone and he turned up and I dont know who he reps for but he was awful. He arrived during the call to my holiday company i booked with and I had to ask him to not interrupt my call as he kept interupting. After my call he bullied me and demanded to take me to the police station because I stated i was on morphine as he refused to believe I was ill even though it was stated on my booking and he felt I should take a trip with him to the police for using a controlled drug. I then had to get him my medical letters partly soaked by the noisy guests children who soaked my bag. I gave him the medical proof and i was so distressed I walked off and left him standing there. Very rude man. He wasnt even my rep so not even sure why he decided he had a right to get involved in my situation. He wanted me to withdraw my complaints. No chance.

I extended my stay elsewhere as I was so ill by the time my due day home arrived from lack of sleep and I will never recommend this place unless you want chaos. Its cheap and poorly managed but theres many cheap places that are well equipped and good places to be, Its just a shame they were fully booked at the time I booked to stay here as a last resort. The owner lives on the ground floor and was useless and cant speak hardly any english at all which was a general problem with the staff.

If you want an uncontrolled drinking party this is the place for you.

Room Tip: book somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

just back from these apartments had a great time
loved our room overlooking the pool
the cleaning staff where great, and the management and bar staff where very hospitable
its in a great location with lots of great places to eat,

Room Tip: we liked rooms overlooking the pool buy air condition , and request non smoking room if this appli...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
west midlands united kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

In a party of 4 we travelled to marmaris 18th june 2011,we were supposed to be staying at The Myra but there was aproblem with room,so we were put over the road into these apartments.
We found them clean and spacious, there was air con paid locally.The pool was great we were the only ones around it for two days but it was never full sun all day long round pool .
Alin was runing aparts he was very helpful asked what drinks we liked and went and got them put behind bar ,it was one of our partys birthday while we were there, Alin and the owner put some fresh fruit out on bar for us and brought us a drink,very thoughtful.
We would definetly stay here again,it was quite to sleep on a night but close to beach and all bars and restarants.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking pool are a bit quieter,although rooms at front were ok as music was turned down at...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Karatas Apart Otel? Share your experiences!