“İF YOUR NOT FUSSY AND A EASY PERSON TO PLEASE!” 5 of 5 stars

Celikkaya Hotel
Inonu Bulvari 186 Sok. No:1, Marmaris 48700, Turkey   |
Ranked #56 of 86 Marmaris B&B and Inns
Marmaris, Mugla, Turkey
“İF YOUR NOT FUSSY AND A EASY PERSON TO PLEASE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

İ stayed here with my boyfriend for 4 weeks.. the hotel room was very clean and the rooms was cleaned every day... bedding every 2 days somtimes every 3! Towels are changed every 2 days! İf you run out of toliet roll just ask its always on hand! The room we stayed in was big enough for the 2 of us and we had 3 suitcases and they was plenty room to move around! The balcony was big enough to have 10 people on there and enough chairs to sit down! up stairs on the top floor seem to be the biggest for room and balcony! The staff and the main man which is the boss couldnt do enough for you... if you cant be bothered going to the shop they will be bothered for you! Room service so your not also going up and down all the time! The prices for the food and drink are very resonable and have english spirits which i was impressed! Basic turkish breakfast very fresh! The pooling area is also very well clean, and the pool is cleaned every day! This hotel is very ideal because its near the bars and beach approx 3 mintue walk! i am coming back in 1 weeks time and will be staying here for another 7 weeks!

Room Tip: pick a room at the back where pool is because they is a football pitch and they play there till abou...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

When we arrived at the Cellikaya Hovel, even though I had asked for a low floor as my friend had experienced a heart attack, they took us up four flights of stairs. We went into the room and the shower/toilet was as big as a cupboard. There was a hole in the floor next to the toilet for the shower water to drain away. It was one big puddle. It was so dangerous.The balcony had one small chair and was only big enough to sit one person at a time. If I held my arms out, that was the size of it.
I opened one of the drawers to put some things away and there was an ashtray with a used condom in it. On looking around the room I saw the semen stains on the headboard .The condom was whipped away quickly when I called down the stairs for someone to come up so I did not have time to photograph it. There was one hanger.
They eventually said they would move us. I went back up the four flights of stairs to do our cases up leaving my friend in reception and the barman came and helped me bring all the cases down to the first floor so we had two flights to go up. Bear in mind that we are both pensioners. This room was marginally better in that it actually had a proper shower. I looked out of the small balcony and there was no water in the pool and the sunbeds were filthy and ripped
Not having been to Turkey before, we had foolishly booked half board which the hotel vehemently denied. It took us another two hours to sort all this out. The food was appalling. The barman or the night porter cooked it. One meal, no choice and mainly scrag ends of chicken. cold rice, cucumber and tomato.
We had to ask almost every day for toilet paper. We had to ask for the room to be cleaned. We had to ask for the sheet (there was only one) to be changed which it finally was on the 7th day of us being there (we were there for ten days) Then something odd happened. They changed our sheet and pillowcase again even though we were leaving the following day. This mystery of this all unveiled that evening.
After our usual scrag ends of chicken the barman came up and said that we had to pay 20 pounds as there was a stain on the sheet and some residue on the towel. That was just adding insult to injury. We said we wouldn’t pay it which he told the owner of the hotel and the owner then said that he would not allow us to leave the Country. He was very very intimidating and we were really scared. The night porter brought out the sheet and the stain on it was half the size of my small fingernail., He held It up in front of the other four people that were sitting there. It was very embarrassing. The barman however was on our side and he sneaked the safety deposit key to us to we could get out our passports The safety deposit boxes were in reception. We went down to the nearest bar as we just wanted get out of the hotel. It totally ruined our last night if a holiday could be any more ruined.
They had obviously changed the sheet again to extract money from us
The next morning we got up and got out of the room at 11 o’clock to take our cased down to a local bar as we weren’t being picked up until 6 o’clock that evening and we didn’t want to stay in the hotel any longer than we had to. We were lugging our cases down the street and someone came running up behind us shouting at us to go back to the hotel. I helped my friend into the bar with the cases and went back to the hotel. The owner was there. “20 pounds” he said. “No” I said “Call the police” I was terrified that he would. Anyway, because I was so stressed out and we had to go back to the hotel to get our transfer, I agreed to pay 10 pounds and we went and sat around all day elsewhere.
I would strongly advise anyone against staying in this hotel.
The only saving grace is that it was very central to Marmaris.
There is a lot more I could say about this Hotel, but at the moment I am waiting for the results of a claim for compensation that I have put in with the Company that we booked the holiday through.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Oldham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

The Celikkaya is a great, value for money hotel which certainly met all my holiday needs. It's in a very convenient location for the shops, bars, restarants and beach. The hotel is clean and tidy, excellent service, nothing too much trouble, very nice Turkish breakfast with plenty of fresh bread and coffee. Bar was open whenever you wanted it open, even at 4 am. Lovely little swimming pool round the back which was constantly being filtered 24 hours a day. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.
I really enjoyed my 2 week stay there in my single room. I know my friend has enjoyed his stay there also - which is just as well as he is staying there for 9 weeks in all, other friends are turning up to stay there in a few weeks.
I would thoroughly recommend staying at the Celikkaya Hotel, wonderful for the price paid. My stay was May 4 to 17 2012 and I definitely hope to stay there again.
Extremely pleased with my holiday there, looking forward to the next time.
Cok tesekkur ederim !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel for the price we paid, very friendly family run hotel 5 muinite walk from the beach. The rooms are very small and in out room the air con leaked on the balcony, the staff are very friendly although beware because they love females and somtimes hownd you. Rooms are cleaned everyday to a good standerd also always clean towels. Overall a avarage hotel for turkey.

• Stayed September 2011
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I stayed there last week the family make you feel welcome, although its the start of the season they are helpful and it's in a central location. I would recommend this hotel for the friendly atmosphere and was perfect for me.

Room Tip: email them before you go and specify type of room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

For what we paid we were more than impressed. It's not a 5 star, so don't expect silver service and clean sheets and towels every day. Do expect a lovely little hotel, nice rooms, staff are very helpful. It's in a great location, of the main drag so its quiet at night, but within 5 minutes walk to the shops, pubs, clubs and the beach. Pool was nice, decent size for the size of the hotel and quiet, so we had it to ourselves for almost the whole two weeks. Breakfast is a turkish breakfast, but the staff are more than happy to offer an alternative. They are also quite flexible when it comes to breakfast times. The menu at the hotel is fine for snacks, but can take a while when there's only one member of staff on. We stayed for two weeks, had an amazing holiday and we would definitely return to celikkaya.

Air conditioning is extra and negotiable. Brave the heat or pay up.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Un-believable! Stay clear! The first 3 nights we got the porters dirty basement room as they had overbooked, stained sheets, glass on floor, and toilet leaked! We did get a nice room eventually but the damage was done! Breakfast is a joke, the main porter is a slimy Turk that a few times almost got a slap for stairing and making comments at my Mrs!

PAY THE EXTRA MONEY FOR A BETTER B+B!

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Celikkaya Hotel? Share your experiences!