“Basic but friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #96 of 286 Hotels in Marmaris
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Basic but friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I enjoyed two weeks at this hotel. It is basic, the rooms are a bit tired and you have to pay for extra services such as air con but it is a safe clean place to stay.

What would make me go back in a heartbeat is the staff - they treated us like family! Especially Atilla, Nikki & Mustafa!

10 min trip on the bus into Marmaris, 2TL which is very reasonable.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Turkish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

well what can I say? I stayed here 3 times now with my hubby and my son who is 13.The first 2 times were great. so end of j
June we went again same people were here running the place but so so different... we got there at 2.30 am and we were met by the lovely Mustafa what a true gent we booked in and were approached by jimmy the Turkish bath man English pound for a Turkish bath each he said. at 2.30 am I don't think so. Mustafa told him to go away till morning. We were taken up to our room which was the worst we have ever had they are all bad though. but this was the most horrid.dirty bedding was on the bed there was poo in the toilet unflushed. in the wardrobe was a pot of old green mouldy yogurt ? We laid our clothes away and went to bed on the dirty bedding yak but was to tierd to bother.morning came and went down for breakfast , jimmy again with the Turkish bath nonsense.. its 9 English everywere else so I said no thanks... then the tattooist came out no thanks I said.so off to the pool were all day we spent money buying their drinks and had our dinner there. this is what we did most days. but at night we wanted to go out into marmaris as we don't go on holiday to just see a hotel.so anyway this is how things go for people who don't want to stay at the hotel all day and all night. they are all nasty to you well apart from Mustafa.they ignore you and if you do go for a drink they make you sit there for ages and make it very obvious that is what they are doing. they ask you were you have been and make comments on why you came here.. you pay for your air con by the week and kettle they bleed you dry if you let em. and if you say anything like please can you change our bedding or the maid has not been in our room for 5 days? they say we will make a note of it.... no mustis a note is no good act on what people are saying. this hotel is now poor rundown and the staff are awfull .. it has realy upset us as we thought we had found a little gem of a place .... do not go here it does not work out cheap in the end. oh and to top it of its full of old and young slappers.. slepping with the waiters.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed at the Mustis Royal Plaza for 11 nights and can honestly say we loved it.
After reading mixed reviews on here we were a bit dubious but I suppose everyone's holiday is different and it's only an opinion at the end of the day.
As long as you don't go expecting 5* and make the most of what you have then you'll be fine.
The hotel is a little dated and ready for a bit of TLC but once you put that aside there's really nothing to complain about.
The staff are absolutely brilliant and work from the moment you get up until the minute you go to bed. They're all really friendly and will do anything to help you.
A few people have mentioned that the staff are nasty if you don't eat at the hotel....we didn't see this at all. We ate at the hotel once (BBQ night which is great) and ate out every other night and nothing was ever mentioned. You have to buy drinks around the pool when you're sunbathing but to be fair, their drinks were cheaper than the supermarket so nothing to grumble about and it was waiter service to your sunbed so you didn't have to get up!
The hotel is in a lovely quiet area with shops and restaurants only a couple of minutes away. The beach is a good 30 min walk which we did most days but if that isn't feasible then the bus is always outside and costs 2TL wherever you go.
To sum things up....don't expect the Ritz because that's not what you've paid for, make the most of your holiday, don't complain and you'll have a great time! :-)

Stayed July 2014
glenrothes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

First I'd like to thank all the staff at this hotel, they are fantastic and made the holiday.

From start to finish I had a great stay.

A warm welcome from the first morning, I was introduced to Attila and nikki who explained how the hotel works and all local knowledge we needed to know, with regards to buses and places of interest.

The meal deal is great value for money (£12) you can choose any lunch off the menu and a 4 course meal at night with tea or coffee, this included all steak dishes, you could not get steak like that in uk for that price let alone lunch as well, I did not feel it was a hard sell either as some have said previously.

The pool and bar area is great for chilling and swimming in the sun, all clean , the staff work hard keeping all guests watered and feed and constantly cleaning up, and still able to have a chat, always smiling, considering they work long hours. Cocktails on Bogof also all local drinks Bogof , great offer when on a budget.

There was a BBQ turkish night, the food was brilliant , best BBQ I've ever tasted and the dancing shows were good fun, BBQ night is a must!

The room was basic but clean ,furniture might be dated but does this really matter when it's kept clean and maid came in changed towels , tidied round about the room and stocked up on loo rolls. The overall hotel is clean and tidy.

Breakfast was turkish , breads meats cheeses tomatoes cucumbers boiled eggs coffee and juice, I found this to be just what I needed in the hot weather, my husband did have cooked breakfast on a few occasions, I had a cooked breakfast one day for lunch and it was delish.

We never done turkish bath, we were asked but politely said no and he never really bothered us again but alway had a cheery greeting.

I also got a tattoo done in the tattoo parlour in the hotel, the gentleman was brilliant with me very patient, thank you.

It's not far down to marmaris and all the dolmus stop outside the hotel, took about 15 mins.

I loved my holiday at mustis royal plaza and I will be returning, the hospitality shown by all the staff was what made our stay so fantastic,

As they say it's the staff who make the hotel!

Hope to be returning soon to see Attila, nikki and all the team, thank you for a fabulous holiday!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
oldham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We chose this hotel after reading the good reviews. Me and my boyfriend chose this hotel as it was cheap and simple.
The images that are on here are exactly what the rooms are like. Yes they are outdated but they had a bed and shower, with a decent balcony and view from room.
If you are expecting room service like The Hilton hotel then this isn't the place for you.
When we arrived at the hotel at 3-4 am and saw the room we were devastated at the fact it didn't look like the 'professional photos'.
When we woke we realised that it wasn't that bad and we couldn't complain for the price we paid.
We had a socket hanging off the wall, asked for it to be sorted but never got touched, we had a blocked plug hole after showering which reached the top of the bath & when we asked a nearby maid to unblock it she just looked at us as if we were stupid, she didn't understand a word of English and didn't wear shoes. The maid service was basic by changing bin, extra toilet roll and folding bed sheets, got clean towels once in our whole stay (10 days).
There is a Mosque not far from the hotel and it is very loud and the music gets turned off when the mosque comes on it does it a couple times a day.
the staff are really friendly and will sit and talk to you. We did get offered the meal deals but we said we will let nicky know later as we wanted to look about and had booked lots of trips so we wouldn't eat there much anyway. Don't feel pressured in to buying the deals, it is your holiday and I'm sure that you will spend enough in drinks rather than food.
If you do choose to eat there the food is really nice and looks appetising, the BBQ that they have on a Friday is worth the £12, it is delicious and the entertainment is good as well as the couples games.
The pool area is clean and big it does get really hot around 2/3 pm and if you have children choose a sun lounger with a brolly, also you may need to get up early to out towels on loungers as it does get quite busy.
Bus service is just right outside hotel which cost 2 lira each and takes you right into the centre if marmaris.
Overall we did enjoy our stay the people were lovely and made friends, we enjoyed the scenery and the drinks. I would recommend this to all party's!!

Stayed July 2014
houghton le spring
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed in this hotel last year and it was bearable, decided to book our two sons in for two weeks, but they have had nothing but hassle from the guy doing the meal deals. I think its Imran who wears glasses, gave my lads hassle for the last time today telling my lads they should eat their and bring family? Don't ever come vack to the hotel if you don't eat here! So went to hotel and checked them out 3 days before they're due to leave. Told the receptionist and she was going to get the manager but didn't so I saw Nikie and told her and the Turkish guy next to her I was checking them out. I would not book into this hotel, we have been coming to this area for years but this is the worst hotel. Do not book this hotel their are better one's. AVOID!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We arrived early hours of the morning, reception greeted us with a warm welcome and efficiently and quickly checked us in, got into our room all was well,we had a attic room, roomy enough for us 2 and balcony was nice and private with brilliant views over marmaris, and the room was basic but very clean, shower was very welcoming after all the travelling. Air con was a must at this time of year as it was hot.

First morning we missed breakfast but decided to order a cooked breakfast from bar area, very quick service and was cooked to perfection. Other mornings we took the turkish breakfast, boiled eggs, breads, cheeses, meats, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, breakfast juice and coffee.

We meet nikki and Attila who were very helpful with local knowledge of the area, also explaining the meal deal options ( which you would be crazy not to take) great value for money and the food was spectacular , loved the steaks. Please if you go to this hotel the BBQ turkish night is a must, food was brilliant as was the entertainment, which I did participate in ( belly dancing) in a previous review it states glasses being smashed and people spitting??? I was there the same night and never saw any thing of the sort. Also pools open late on Wednesday and Sundays which was great as the weather was so hot.

The staff here work very hard and are always happy and smiling and go out of there way to make sure your holiday is a happy and memorable one.

Yes we were asked by jimmy about turkish bath but he did not pester us as some people have commented, a polite no thank you was all that was needed and it did not stop him chatting away.

We did daylan mud bath trip , but to be honest I would not do it again, it was all to rushed for us.
We also found a little kebab take away you can sit in when we fancied a walk and snack, just round back of hotel called efe bute, worth a wee visit. We also used dolmas down into marmaris 2 turkish lira and took about 10/15 mins.

We would recommended this hotel and we won't even bother looking at any other hotel in marmaris from now on, it's a home from home, welcoming and genuine fantastic people.

Room Tip: Number 4 dolmus back from marmaris to hotel is the quickest .