“An all round excellent diving experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 44 activities in Marmaris
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Aquaholics Dive Centre is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort, here we can offer you the whole range of PADI courses, dive and snorkelling excursions. At our dive centre situated at D-Hotel Maris we can offer you a truly five star experience, all divers are welcome not exclusively hotel guests - contact us to arrange a transfer from Marmaris or Icmeler.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ross-on-Wye
“An all round excellent diving experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I'm just back from completing a couple of courses with the team at Aquaholics and I have to take the opportunity to recommend them to anybody thinking of diving in the Marmaris area.

We always do a bit of research before we go on holiday and it all pointed to Aquaholics being the best dive centre in the area, they were also recommended by another dive centre I know and trust in another part of Turkey. They did not disappoint in any way.

I e-mailed in advance to see what courses they could offer and arrange a booking, prompt replies with useful information and suggestions all adds to the feeling your dealing with a professional outfit, important with diving because of the reliance on them for your safety.

The pick ups were punctual with Taylan making sure that all the guests were introduced to each other, a simple thing which exemplifies the friendly and professional approach.

As mentioned by others the equipment is in good condition and you can see it is looked after in the post dive routines. A nice touch I've not seen elsewhere is the kit laid out ready for each diver when you arrive, except the 1st day when it needs to be selected to suit. The dive centre is located at an extremely nice hotel and may be this is the kind of service the guests expect.

The diving for certified divers is done from a RIB which gets you quickly to the dive sites, during my stay the seas were calm with warm, clear water and no appreciable current making for very relaxed diving conditions. Like most of Turkey the marine life is not as spectacular as you can find in other parts of the world but there were plenty of fish and sponges to see as well as some feisty kleptomaniac octopii (see Lee for details). The guiding is as you want it to be, at least it suits me, friendly, with a sensible briefing and proper procedures to ensure safety whilst treating everyone like responsible adults.

The dive centre has its own training area as a kind of house reef, this is simply one of the best places I have ever seen to learn to dive. The large shallow area (up to about 12m deep) and sheltered bay make for easy conditions with enough to see to make it interesting. The instructors have the calm relaxed manner which is conducive to learning and patience to ensure that the training is done properly and skills properly learnt.

Aquaholics is a small friendly dive centre which gives a personal and friendly service and if like me you read these reviews to check out your diving options for your next holidayI suggest you give Aquaholics a try but please leave some spaces for us to come back next September.

Visited September 2012

Minster, United Kingdom
“Aquaholics you couldn't ask for more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

First of all I would just like to point out that I have never reviewed on trip advisor before but after such an amazing experience with Aquaholics I felt compelled to.

I researched dive schools local to my holiday destination on the internet and trip advisor and one dive centre stood out with constant good reviews that was Aquaholics and I was soon to find out why. I emailed Aquaholics and was contacted by Kelly who was extremely helpful in her emails not to mention patient, as I had not even snorkelled before I had lots of questions but nothing was too much trouble.

I was picked as arranged and after meeting the team and arriving at the dive centre it was clear to me that I had made the right choice in contacting Aquaholics.

Having never dived before I did not know what to expect but from the outset I was put completely at ease by the professionalism and patients of the instructors. My instructor made sure everything was explained and that I understood before we got in the water making the whole experience even more enjoyable, as I had the confidence that my instructor was with me every step of the way and with one to one instruction who could ask for anything more!!!

I couldn’t have had a better start to diving and after passing my open water course they even managed to fit me in for an extra couple of dives even.

I could talk all day about what an amazing experience I had diving with Aquaholics it was without doubt the highlight of my holiday, but in conclusion thanks for all your help I would not hesitate recommend you to anyone and I will be soon to further my training.

Visited August 2012
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Wish i could give more than 5*....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Decided to book a holiday and do my dive training abroad before tackling the murky waters of the UK back home. Contact with the fowks at Aquaholics was very easy and straightforward, which is always good when you're not quite sure what to expect.

Unfortunately I was un-able to dive as planned at the beginning of my trip but Kelly and Taylan slotted me in as soon as I was well enough to dive again. They picked me up as arranged and we headed off out of town to their centre. The drive is very picturesque and only gets better as you near the hotel that the dive centre is based in. Hotel security cleared we set off down to the dive centre and it really does look a properly proffesional outfit!

The location and dive experience was superb. Having dived before I knew what to expect when in the water but even complete novices there at the time were put totally at ease with the proffesional and patient instructors. Putting me through my paces for the courses, the instructors made sure everything was explained and clear before we got in the water which not only helped me perform better but it was more enjoyable.

If everyone learned to dive like this I'm sure the sport would be much more popular. Unfortunately there are too many boats out there simply kitting new divers up and dunking them in the water. Here I had pretty much one to one tuition all the way which helped sharpen the skills and raise my confidence that i could do what was needed.

I dont think i could have had a better experience to start my diving tuition, can't thank you fowks enough! Just a shame the octopuses didnt play ball whenever i was around :)

Hopefully be back soon, my dad was gutted when I told him I was going diving without him! also a big thanks to Taylan for being my alarm clock when need be!

Visited September 2012
“The only way to dive in Marmaris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I dived with Aquaholics for a couple of days and couldn't recommend it more to anyone who wants to dive in the area. Tailan, Lee and Kelly are extremely professional and friendly. The equipment is spotless and you feel looked after in a very personalised, warm and professional way. Whether you are a new diver or have more than a few dives under you belt you will enjoy diving with them. Ah! And the set up is amazing!

“Top lass Dive centre!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Don't even think about diving anywhere else! Definitely put me through my paces with ny rescue diver course. If your after that little bit extra then this is the place for you, with one to one tuition!