“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 403 Restaurants in Marmaris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
uk
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Taj Mahal, below the Mandarin Chinese restaurant, great place to eat. Bit pricey, but fantastic quality. Indian food made properly by their famous chef from Bradford who is there everyday from 7pm. Really nice guy, really nice location, we loved it! We had the set menus, plus mixed grill. All delicious! All of their prices are on their website.

• Turkish first
uk
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Also they don't open til 5pm.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Chef was smoking out the kitchen window ! ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Always wanting to visit this restaurant on my trips to Marmaris as it looked so nice lit up against the night sky. I went with my Turkish fiancé on my last night of my visit for what I thought was going to be a nice meal. How wrong was I !! Both Bhuna and Karachi were exactly the same colour, and the same flavour , except one had jalapeño peppers thrown in and the other didn't. The smallest bowls came from the kitchen containing our food . It's the worst curry I have ever had In my life. The waiters ignored me as I didn't speak Turkish and spoke only to my fiancé, asking him what I was going to eat and I was still looking at the menu !! They didn't ask how our meal was and didn't check we were okay at anytime. The owner of the restaurant was sat on his computer under the staircase, on eBay, looking at Mercedes Cars !! Won't ever be spending my lira there ever again so he won't be buying any part of a Mercedes from my money !! Avoid !! There are much better eateries , don't waste your money. !!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Another great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I visited Marmaris in July and October of this year and during both of these visits I had dinner at the Taj Mahal. I really enjoyed the food and think the service is very good. The curries taste fresh and the onion bhajis are delicious. The staff remembered us from our July visit, so gave us complimentary dishes. If I return to Marmaris in 2014, I will be eating here again...keep up the good work and enjoy a nice deserved break.

lincoln uk
“Truly Shocking!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Words cannot discribe how bad this place was. Food was the worst I have experienced in 20 years of dinning. We had Chili Paneer & Palak Paneer as main dishes. They were disgusting and looked and tasted like they were stale and re cooked form days ago. I have had better Nann breads form Asda! They are huge and rubbery and to top it all off it took me 3 days to get over the meal I was sick and will never return to this place.

The Famous chef from Bradford acts like he is some sort of mega star...famous BS! He is clueless and con artist.

Avoid like the plague!!!