Although we didn't stay at this hotel (we unfortunately stayed at the hotel Selen just behind) we felt that we should tell everyone about it and what a great place it is and if anyone says otherwise IGNORE IT. All of the staff especially '' the sexy chef'' and ''Paul'' were excellent, they were all so friendly, helpfull, polite,very funny and the hospitality was second to none. All of the food (try the ''sexy chefs'' lamb) was superb and excellent value for money. Its location ,right on the seafront, could not be better and when using the sunbeds on their section of the beach they wait on you hand and foot ( my idea of heaven) We cannot comment on the rooms but our friends had viewed one and said that they were very good and clean and tidy.
This was our first visit to Turkey and to Marmaris and and we can honestly say that we have never met such a friendly race of people, always polite and friendly and a please and thankyou goes a long way as it shows respect to them.
If you are looking for a bargin with the ''genuine fakes'' head down towards the marina and go shopping in the bazzar/arcades, we found they were better value than the main road shops. Whilst there and if you looking for gold jewellery try the Diamond Centre ask the sexy chef for details.
- Also Known As:
- George And Dragon Beach Hotel
- George Dragon Beach Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- UNDER NEW MANGEMENT FROM 2011. Our family run hotel is placed directly on the beach, sun loungers and umbrellas are free of charge for all our guests.All rooms provide fantastic views of the bay of Marmaris and the marina.Located only 500 metres from the centre and the famous bar street.Our hotel is in a perfect location for everything the lovely resort of Marmaris has to offer.Only 500 metres from the the Thursday market where you can get all your real genuine fakes !!All rooms are tastefully decorated and have full sea views.We also have a restaurant and bar open 24 hours serving international and traditional Turkish cuisine and from the bar the best Mojitos in town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your George & Dragon Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.