“Fantastic holiday!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Club Maric

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marmaris
Club Maric
You added Club Maric to your Saves list
Hatipirimi Mah. 171. Sok. No:2 Marmaris Merkez, Marmaris 48700, Turkey   |
Ranked #121 of 285 Hotels in Marmaris
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

When me and my boyfriend arrived we were greeted with friendly faces who were happy to carry our cases inside! We were staying in room 101 the first apartment by reception and thought it was going to be noisey but we were plesantly suprised. They were basic but clean and were exactly as described on website. As for other reviews with maid service we were given clean linen and towels daily and they were really friendly.

The staff at Club Maric made us feel really welcome always laughing and joking with us and trying to learn the "Scouse" accent. (Chicken and Chips)! Shaggy,Curly, Enrique, Kevin the chef, Thomas and Jack behind the bar (Ooo baby yeah) really helpful and me and my boyfriend had a really good laugh with them. We ate there the first night and found the food to be really fresh and good quality, we didnt have any problems with them being rude and they even recommended places to go. Shaggy is married to a lovely girl from England and was showing me his wedding photos (Lovely) Overall we had a ball at Club Maric and would go back at any time and reccommend to anyone. The location of the apartments is ideal its close enough to the beach and bars but quiet of a night. The main street towards the beach has a variety of different bars, restaurants and shops on it but we like the Goodison Bar for drinks and Martins for food along that road!!! Hope this review is helpful and you have as good a holiday as we did!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 101 and loved it! Thank you!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

All round good hotel wıth frıendly staff and clean rooms, great locatıon for those that want to experıence Marmarıs - wıth taxı rank and bus stop over the road and 'beach street' and 'bar street' ın walkıng dıstance. Lıvely poolsıde wıth entertaınment put on occasıonally ın the evenıngs. Cheap and cheerful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Club Maric was an easy choice of apartment due to both the price and the fact that it was actually my home when I lived in Marmais 10 years ago. I did however, read the previous reviews with interest and like all TA reviews thought that people just have differing views and was not put off.
The apartments.... Good standard, spacious, well equipped, very clean. On these things alone I would recommend this accommodation to anyone.
The staff.... as I have a lot of friends in Marmaris myself and my friend chose not to spend our days at the Maric poolside so I cannot comment on the poolside staff (apart from Jack who always had a blether with us early evening- nice bloke!)
The restaurant staff are the ones who let the place down, "Charlie" in particular. Again, we chose not to eT in the Maric restaurant of an evening as we spent our time catching up with old friends, this clearly was not acceptable to Charlie. He advised us that since we were staying at their apartment we should have been using their pool and restaurant or we should have stayed somewhere else. I made it clear to Charlie that we would not be eating at his place, he told me I was "unkind". Fast forward a couple of days when my friend was reading their newly painted sign on the pavement (telling people not to walk past) only tobe shouted at and told it was not for her! Then when leaving this morning we were faced with sarcastic shouts of "goodbye kind girls". Pathetic really.
I do actually feel sorry for the small restaurants as it is difficult to make money, however it is my choice where I go and do not expect to be confronted with childish abuse.
Don't be put off going here due to Charlie but be prepared! If the manager of Club Maruc is reading then I suggest you get it dotted quick smart before other similar reviews are posted.

• Stayed June 2011
Romford, Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

The hotel is in an excellent location with a taxi rank right outside. Less than 7 minute walk to the beach front and main road. The rooms are basic but well equipped with air conditioning (extra charge of £5 a day), hairdryer, kettle and usual crockery and cooking utensils. Rooms are cleaned daily and linen/towels changed every other day. Safe boxes are only £2 a day. There are 4 floors and no lift but if necessary, you can ask for help in carrying your luggage. The poolside is clean and tidy with a decent sized swimming pool and plenty of sun loungers. There are computers in reception where you can use the internet at something like 2 lire (80p) for 30 minutes. The food is very good in the restaurant and very well priced. An English breakfast is £2! We ate both breakfast and dinner in the hotel and everyone enjoyed it thoroughly. The lavash is great! All the drinks etc. are reasonably prices considering you are in a hotel with Efes only £2 a bottle and ice creams from 50p. The staff are helpful and friendly, ignore the other reviews. If you are rude to them then obviously they will be rude back. For the money, you cannot fault this place at all. I paid £55 for my own room for 11 nights! Enough said. For restaurants, I can highly recommend Summer Rain, Amigo's (on the Marina front) and Seni Seviyorum at the back of the Bazaar. All amazing and great value!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second or third floor
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

a very well run and very helpful and friendly stafff.food wass excellant and drinks cheap.ideal for couples and families. 5 star

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

I can't vouch for peoples opinions from last year regarding restaurant staff etc but I can confirm that "Shaggy, Curly and crew" were all lovely. Funny, friendly and helpfull. We had no hassle and hotel was spotless, cleaner was in every day.
Resaurant food was lovely and good value, we were made to feel like part of the furniture in a good way, the atmosphere is relaxed so guests and staff all seem like one happy family.
The location of the hotel is fantastic for going to the beach, about a 5 minute easy stroll, you are close to everything but far enough away from from main road to get a good night sleep.
Club Maric, I will be back.....thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

a group of 6 lads stayed at this hotel, it was amazing to stay in the atmosphere at this hotel was brilliant it was chilled out in the day and the staff were willing to go that extra mile for you. in turkey you find that they all try and out doo each other with their service that they can offer, i found that at this hotel this was the best service. in the restauraunt curly offered us the chance to watch our meal get made why? to show us they use fresh ingrediants unlike most of the other restaurants who have their food frozen and just heated. they made it personal and chucked in a free fishbowl every meal which just went down smoothly. the staffs hospitality and attitude was very good towards us as well as the other customers. the size of the rooms were very good as well spacious as were the bedrooms and the shower. the balcony was open and enough for 6 lads to be chilling on. the bar was good and there was a television in there that had all the football on so chilling in the pool you could watch any of the footy that would be on. everything was clean in the rooms and the rooms were cleaned everyday without fail new sheets and towels. overall i would recommend this hotel highly in marmaris. the location is an amazing place because you are nearer to the beach and main street for all the shopping and food places. also a taxi to bar street will only cost you 10 lira or you can hop on the bus that costs 1.50lira each. top hotel

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Club Maric? Share your experiences!