“Good restaurant service great food.” 3 of 5 stars

Maris Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Siteler Mah. 207 Sok. No:102, Marmaris 48700, Turkey   |
Ranked #42 of 285 Hotels in Marmaris
Warlingham, United Kingdom
“Good restaurant service great food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We have just got back from our 3rd visit to the Maris Beach, I booked a double and a twin room with alpharooms.com as I have done previously, but where shown to the promotional rooms at the back of the hotel. One had a broken bathroom handle and the other room had a light not working, holes in the sheet, air con not working and the mini bar not working, I spoke to the man on reception about our rooms and asked if we could be moved he was rude and no help at all, his understanding of English appeared to be limited as all he could say was hotel full. When we arrived I was given details to see our holiday rep the next day, he was from low cost holidays but I hadn’t booked with them, well to say the least he was useless and kept telling me all rooms the same. Our rooms where cleaned daily and we had clean bedding and towels every other day, it was just not what we had paid for, the repairs where made to both rooms after a few days.
It was great to see Steve, Barbie and Adam again it’s like meeting old friend’s, Adam spoke to Hakam the hotel manager as did I about the rooms and finally with five days left and Adam again spoke to Hakam we finally got moved, only to fined the air con not working at all, but Hakam had that repaired the same night. The lift also broke down with me in it one morning and it was then that I found out the man on reception could speak and understand English very well, he just chose to be un-helpful and rude not what we have come to expect from this hotel.
The main thing that has not changed is the friendly and mainly good service from most of the staff, the restaurant food was excellent as always and even better than before, whether it is breakfast, lunch or evening meal you get a good choice at competitive prices, most of the new waiters are very good and are always happy to help, Adam, Steve and Barbie worked very hard to make our stay enjoyable and if it hadn’t been for the extra effort from Adam we wouldn’t have changed our room.
If it wasn’t for these members of staff, we like most people wouldn’t considered going back each year, but please change the rude receptionist, and make sure all rooms are fully inspected to ensure air con etc work before they are occupied. I still don't know whether it was
alpharooms or the hotel that messed up the rooms but it didn't let it spoil our holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front as they all have sea views.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

On arrival we were told hotel was full and we were sent to a hotel 2 mins awy, Gold Kaya. The room was recently renovated with modern bathroom and new beds and bedding. After 2 nights got a sea view room in Maris Beach, bit small but spotless, clean sheets and towels. Manager and reception staff could not have been more helpful, checking with us everyday if things were ok. Even gave us free safe for our inconvenience. On day we checked out we weren't being picked up until 9pm and we were offered a drink and an evening meal free. Seriously excellent customer service. Barbie, the beach boy, was fantastic. The hotel needs some updating but good compared to other 3* in Turkey.

Room Tip: top floor seems to get the sun, we were on 2nd floor and was shaded
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Pontefract, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

First class location, Have stayed with friends past 5 years,had a great time,The staff are friendly and attentive, The rooms are compact, cleaned daily with fresh towels bed linen, the sea view is amazing,the restuarant food is hard to beat, work your way down menu!!!! but if you want a walk great paved area to walk along sea front go right or left great bars and restuarants, cant go wrong,

Room Tip: great sea views,
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have now been to the Maris Beach at least 10 times, that in it's self should say it all.
I find this hotel great value for money, rooms are a bit small but clean. Only stayed there on B&B so can't comment on HB however over ther 10 visits breakfast have improved.
The Restaruant which is part of hotel is very good and we eat there most of the time.
The staff are good and always keen to know a out you and what you want for a good stay.
We be staying there again next time we go to Marmaris.
Would recommend this hotel but remember small rooms otherwise great

• Stayed June 2012
Knottingley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have been staying twice a year at the Maris Beach for the last 6 or 7 years & we can not believe the negative reviews...It is a lovely hotel run by the manager Hakan,who is in fact at the hotel on a daily basis if anyone wishes to speak with him.All his staff are a credit to him.Steve the english barman is so pleasant & very informative if you have not been to Marmaris before.Adam & his team(Zaffa,Thomas & the boys) in the Restuarant are all so hardworking to make sure you have an enjoyable dining experience.Barbie who serves the beach has got to be the most hardworking & smiling beach boy on the strip.We have been holidaying in Marmaris for the past 17years,staying at many diffrerent hotels,this is by far the best.Yes the rooms are small & basic,but clean & comfortable.If you are after 5* rooms then book a 5* hotel at 5 times the price.Each time we stay,there are always returnig customers from the last time,this i think speaks volumes...Looking forward to seeing you again all very soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Me and my friend stayed at Maris Beach at the end of June and never had any problems. The hotel is in a fantastic location with plenty of things to do around.
The staff were always really friendly to us and went out of their way to make sure our stay was good. Barbie who runs the beach is a star!! Nothing is too much trouble for him. The rooms were cleaned every day and fresh towels were left. We went bed and breakfast but ate in the resturant most nights as the food is delicious.
We would definitely recommend Maris Beach and will be returning in the near future.

• Stayed June 2012
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I booked and paid on advance for a Room with sea view.
When I arrived there was no room available for me so was put up at a nearby hotel which was in the process of being renovated.

There was No airconditioning, windows would not open, no telephone or tv, no fridge. Electric wiring hanging out of sockets.

I was moved back to the Maris Beach the next morning without any sort of apology. I asked to speak with the Manager but was informed that he is not at the hotel very often. I asked to speak to him but he never go in contact. I was not given the room type that I asked for and after a second change of room gave up.

The room i spent most of the holiday in had defective airconditioning (even though I had to pay the daily charge), the fridge in the room did not work, the food served for half board meals was revolting.

However the Bar and Restuarant staff where very friendly and reliable.

When I booked out there was a message from thwe owner asking me to sign a letter stating that I had no complaints. I refused and again asked to speak to the manager but again was told "he does not come here often."

Room Tip: My experience has demonstrated that you do not have the opportunity to choose a good room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Maris Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!