“Daryl &kerrys visit September 2013” 5 of 5 stars
Review of the escape

You added the escape to your Saves list
the escape
Belenpinar, Gocek, Turkey   |
Ranked #1 of 18 Gocek B&B and Inns
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Daryl &kerrys visit September 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stunning location service & hospitality second to none the hotel is beautiful and immaculately maintained quality and variety of food was excellent a wonderful holiday experience and a total chill out we loved it daryl & kerry

Room Tip: We stayed in the newly appointed suite fantastic
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Gocek...
After an extremely trying year at work we decided to treat ourselves to our second trip away to Turkey. Funnily enough, we happened to stumble upon Gocek simply by chance on our first visit to Turkey, stopping off for the last meal of the holiday on our return trip to Dalaman airport. Wow. If you have not been to Gocek before you are seriously missing out. Apart from the seemingly never ending choice of sea front dining, the clean relaxed pace of the high street and the absolutely stunning Mega Yacht Marina, the most noticeable contrast between Gocek and our previous weeks residence in Oludeniz was the locals. Thankfully Gocek has not managed to get itself caught up in the 'tourist' sector, and frankly it doesn't need too. The shops are, dare I say 'high end' and the shop owners take a 'non-hassle' approach to shopping. I challenge anyone to visit Gocek and and not been taken back by the warmth and kindness of the Gocek residents.

The Hotel...
Location, location, location!! On driving up to the hotel you feel as if you are going up the mountain into the middle of nowhere, then suddenly it appears, this beautiful building, perfectly nestled into the mountainside as if mother nature had personally placed it there herself.

On arrival at The Escape, we we're greeted by Chris (one half of The Escapes secret weapon). After an extremely warm welcome we we're showed to our room and I must say what a room it was. Beautifully decorated, immaculately clean and a large set of french doors that opened straight onto the pool, we we're really starting to see why this place was called The Escape. After a few minutes getting familiarised with our new room we headed back upstairs to catch our first Gocek sunset, and if I'm honest it's one of the most breathtaking sunsets I have ever seen. The sun hits the front of the house all day long and sets in between the two mountains in the west, I believe there was some serious planning in the exact location of this property.

The hotel itself is gorgeous, beautifully decorated throughout and hosting striking features like the open air atrium in the middle of the property and the grand dining room with its amazing brass centre piece of St.George. Even tho this is a hotel they have somehow managed to make the space feel incredibly welcome and homely, I felt just as at home reading in the sitting room as I did down by the pool.

The pool...
Well this pool really is quite special. Along with the pool being the cleanest pool I have ever been in, the views you get from water level are amazing, especially as the sun is setting. Also nearly every night you will get some visitors joining you around 6.00pm, the local swallows pop by for a night cap, this is amazing to watch whist in the pool as you watch them glide down and take a drink. The pool really is immaculately clean and this is purely down to Chris's exquisite attention to detail. The pool, gardens, communal areas and rooms are spotless all due to the owners desire for the best.

The secret weapon...
Now it really doesn't matter, you could have the most amazing place to stay in the whole entire world, but if the service does not match up, you're perception of the place is reflected by this. This is where The Escapes secret weapon really comes alive, the service. Susan and Chris have clearly spent a long time honing these skills and I have no problem saying, they are outstanding hosts. I've always found there is a very fine balance in smaller hotels in regards to being over or under served. Nobody wants to feel like they are constantly being attended and checked up on and likewise do not wish to feel like they have been forgotten. Susan and Chris somehow manage this balance to perfection, we never went hungry or without a drink and yet I never felt I had to ask, or ask to be left alone, things seemed to just happen, where and when we wanted. They seem extremely experienced and competent at understanding and managing their guests expectations, A+ for service.

The last thing I would like to mention is the food, the consistent outstanding food. This is the second half of The Escapes secret weapon, Susan. Susan has quite clearly got an exceptional talent in the kitchen, and after planning to head down to Gocek most nights for dinner we only managed to make it down once, then still headed back up to the hotel for desert. Truly outstanding.

I genuinely cannot talk with higher regards for his place, we had an amazing holiday, in an amazing setting with some amazing people, I feel as if we've found some great friends in Susan and Chris.

The only one negative I have for the whole holiday was that we did not book to stay for two weeks, somehow living in luxury for one week just wasn't enough. Not surprisingly next years trip for two weeks is already booked......

Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The title says it all! We booked 4 days at The Escape after reading amazing reviews on Tripadvisor and we wasn't disappointed, down to the beautiful building, wonderful surroundings, amazing hosts and fellow guests. It is difficult to find enough words to describe The Escape, the rooms are beautiful and spotlessly clean, Susan's cooking and Chris's hospitality and attention to detail are second to none. We were lucky enough to be at the hotel with a great bunch of people who made The Escape experience even more pleasurable, 4 days just wasn't long enough and we left feeling we should have booked for longer. We plan to return to enjoy the experience more but also to see Susan and Chris the perfect hosts and new found friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, we were lucky enough to be given Jet which is a suite, which had bedroom, l...
Bakewell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We don't often go to the same place but for this place ... we made an exception. After visiting Turkey for the first time last year I fell in love. Whenever I visit abroad I usually am the fresh delicacy of the local flying nasties. As such look like a dot-to-dot on day one. Here no such monching creatures so I don't end up being bitten to hell. Some lovely lizards who are more scared of you than you ever could be of them.
The scenery is breathtaking and I watched the sunset every day for 2 weeks how often do we get a chance to do that in our busy lives? Watching the swallows coming in at night to dip in the pool still mesmerises me. One evening we were lucky enough to be joined by a large owl who sat on the balustrade watching the evenings proceedings take place.
The pool as ever was delightful and in great condition due to Chris's attention to it day and night. The food and drink are fabulous and changed regularly. Fresh home cooked food meant that we didn't need to go out and most of the time didn't want to.
Susan and Chris have a deep love for what they do and each other and it shows.. it's infectious. We had a romantic, private holiday surrounded by friends. Sounds a contradiction but by pure coincidence ended up staying at the same time as some of the guests we met last year. So whilst taking time to enjoy each others company and relax and unwind we both met and made friends. The company here is key. If you want to join in, you can but if a state of reverie if desired both are attainable. Being a 7 room hotel. Privacy and security are felt in equal measure to belonging and a feeling freedom.
Coming and goings pass by unnoticed as the days wind beautifully along.
Attention to detail is what makes a stay here seamless, effortless flowing service and at the same time uninterrupted relaxation and pampering.
Many an occasion we ventured out to only wish to be back at the hotel. We visited the nearby beach for 14 euros? it was much improved on last year but still we longed to be in the mountain by the pool. After taking a trip to the market in Fethiye, a must do, we still returned back earlier than we planned just because we wished to be at the hotel. Again calling it "home" many times by mistake. Yet it's no mistake it is a home for you to stay in. Hotel seems too clinical a word for the this place. Comforts of England without taking away from the foreign holiday feeling.
The Escape has it all. Views, Amenities, Bar, Pool, Great service, The fencing, Clean, atmosphere more... and more to come.
We did feel like the kids who've been off travelling the world only to come home for TLC, home cooked food, and a good ol' chat. Testament to the overall feeling of the place that 3 of the 7 rooms while we were there were 'returners'!
For somewhere that's not been open too long, you only have to look at the reviews to see why booking here you'll be on to a winner. I can't really embellish more on why I love this hotel I just do. Everything that others have said, it is.
Thanks Chris and Susan (& of course also to Fatmana)

Room Tip: We didn't get the room we had last year but I knew that all the rooms were so good I didn't...
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Escape is the nearest thing you will find to going to staying with friends in a wonderful villa and enjoying the finest hospitality. There are no fancy coffee machines - just a cafetiere, no need to lock your door (although you can), the ability to make a cup of tea whenever you fancy, your fridge stocked with whatever you want (rather than what the hotel wants) and a wonderful atmosphere of friendliness and a willingness to make your holiday what you want it to be. Susan is a great cook - and all the food at The Escape is fresh, simple and delicious. I'm trying to persuade her to publish a cook book - her way with sea bass is to die for! The place is immaculate - I had a lovely spacious room and wetroom - and comfortable. The pool is gorgeous and, again, immaculate. Susan and Chris are perfect hosts - they do all they can to make all their guests comfortable in every way. During my stay, there was a very social atmosphere. Because it's small and intimate, the guests all became very friendly and there was a lot of socialising together. Great for us - we were there with some lovely people - but you need to be willing to mingle! I'm sure I'll go back and one of the reasons would be to see Susan and Chris and enjoy their unique brand of hospitality.

Room Tip: I was in Amethyst. Both room and bathroom (wetroom) wonderfully spacious. Effective air conditioni...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

My Partner and I, have just returned from 6 days in Gocek and it will be a week we will never forget.

We were looking to 'escape' from things and the brief for the holiday search was tranquil, exclusive, quiet and pampered. I am pleased to say that The Escape delivered on everyone.

Even before we arrived we were welcomed by email and advice helping us plan the pre checking information. Our flight didn't come in until the early morning but still S&C (Susan and Chris, the hoteliers) were there to welcome us, with a beautiful selection of Meze and a cold glass of wine.

Once settled in the experience continued to impressed, my partner and I love to eat out, however the pull of Susan's cooking saw us, stay in 4 nights and sample some of The Escapes finest cuisine (try the Sea Bass).

During our stay S&C couldn't be more helpful with arranging cars, trips and local advice, they really took every worry away from us.

We aren't normal ones for reviews, however when someone goes to the extent C&S do, to ensure their guests have a magical holiday, they deserve a pat on the back.

We will be booking a week every year for a very long time!

• Stayed July 2013
oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just returned from an amazing 7 night break at The Escape. It is a fabulous place to chill out and I am reluctant to share how good it is in case too many people find it! We stayed in Turquoise room and it really was lovely as are all the rooms but I definitely enjoyed the extra space the superior rooms offered. Everything about this hotel is just as all reviews have said so there is very little I can add other than to thank Chris and Susan for a lovely week. We will return.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to the superior rooms as they are lovely and spacious.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to the escape? Share your experiences!