“clean but very average,kids had a great time.” 3 of 5 stars

Majesty Club Lykia Botanika
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Yaniklar Koyu Pk. 98, Fethiye 48340, Turkey   |
Ranked #43 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
London, United Kingdom
“clean but very average,kids had a great time.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We (Mark, Daphne, Jordan, Felicity, Gabby and Charlie) stayed here from the 23rd August to the 6th September. Well what can i say, if you have read the Baldacchino 1974 review then i dont have much more to add to this. We spent most of our holiday around the pool and dinner times with the Baldacchino famiy and very very lovely they are too. We have had a fortnights holiday every year for the last 11 years and never have i had to set my alarm for 5:45 in the morning so that i could get to the pool to reserve our sun beds. Sharing this chore with another family did ease the pain a bit. Still aggro though. There simply was not enough sun beds to go round. We also had to get down to the restaurant early to get a choice table out side other wise you where in the (canteen) with the heat and racket. Plenty of food but boring and repetetive and to the European taste. The BBQs where good though. Kids loved it, the kids pool and slides where great fun. very clean. The eastern european guests where rude as usual but did keep them selves to them selves. Rooms cleaned every day plenty of excursions available.
As was the case with the Baldacchino family we hired a car for a few days just to give us the option the get away from the hotel for a day or two. Daphne and the children are quite easily pleased so happy to stay around the pool side swimming and chatting. However if you get itchy feet like me then you will need a car because there is nothing else to do at the hotel. If you like snorkeling you are out of luck as the sea is not very clear so visibility is rubbish. The hotel does have a Scuba center available.This is attached to the water sports hut and the Scuba center is located at the hotel next door. I booked 6 dives over 3 days and i have to say the people at the dive center where fantastic fun, polite and very professional.
A bus service is available every 10 minutes and will take you into Fethiye for 5TL about £1.50. From there you can get another bus into Olu Deniz. So all in all a very average time for me 5.5/10. Turkey is lovely but would not go back to this resort. There are better holidays available elsewhere for the same cost. This one didn't amount to great value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
preston lancs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

First of all I will write a fair review as I always do . We arrived on the 23rd August at night for our 10 night holiday .I have read the poor reviews and they are justified. The room we stopped in on the first night was totally unacceptable for the money we paid. I very rarely complain but there was no way I was stopping in the room in the roof with no balcony not even another guest room where we where put.
I went straight to reception to ask for another room half a day later I got a room that justified the price I paid .

Every English person I spoke to had a problem with what they bought as a holiday ie accommodation and what Lykia give you . I honestly believe that they give all the rubbish room to the English who arrive on late flights. This hotel is in need of refurbishment and is not a 4 star rating it probably was 20 years ago.
The staff who we met ie the bar staff the cleaners all work hard as do the animation team . But even the Men in the animation team managed to have a fight with the bar staff on night in front of guest resulting one man being suspended. How to survive at this hotel as witnessed by myself. Put towels on sun loungers at 05.00 . Put towels on tables outside food hall so to save a table while you go for a shower and a drink. Put towels around the pool and at the beach lol .Same people. We just moved them.
Would I go back to this resort NO.

Room Tip: Don't accept the room they give you if its not as advertised. Go to reception and ask them for a...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband 2 children age 6 and myself stayed here end of August into September. We booked this hotel as the rooms on their website looked lovely, unfortunately the picture they advertise is not true. I asked to be moved from our room as I wanted the one in the picture as that was the reason we booked this hotel but after speaking to many guests no one has ever seen the rooms they advertise, ours seemed to be better than most guests. It was very basic but very clean. If you like a coffee or tea when you wake up in your room I would suggest you take a portable kettle as they do not provide any provisions for this. After the initial shock of our room, I have to say the staff were very polite and welcoming except for the blonde receptionist who obviously doesn't like her job! The food was plentiful was always being topped up. My family always enjoyed the daily food and would have to say the dinners were the best. The only problem I had personally were the Russians as they were very rude and you had to stand your ground especially as the English are very polite....:) we hired a car for 2 weeks and explored turkey which I would suggest to anyone staying here as it is out of the way but you can see that on the map. We had a fantastic holiday but I do think part of that was due to us spending one day at the pool one day off to different beaches. Turkey as a whole is absolutely beautiful and the people were very friendly. I don't think I would go back to this hotel but that's just me wanting to explore different hotels. Majesty hotel situated next to botankia which is a 5 star is taking over this hotel which will be a lot better. I don't think this hotel is a 4 star I would say a 3.

• Stayed August 2013
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel from the 18th August for 10 days. Before we went we made the mistake of reading all the reviews on TripAdvisor, it's fair to say they weren't very good, this was a definite mistake because all the way on our transfer I felt sick at the thought we were going to have a terrible 10 days at the resort that other people really didn't seem to like. I wish I hadn't have read the reviews because I don't know what other people were experiencing but we had a brilliant 10 days there. Our room was fine, very basic but everything worked perfectly and what more do you need when your on an all inclusive holiday. The room was immaculate, the maid service was absolutely brilliant, our particular maid was absolutely lovely and she was very helpful and polite towards us!! We were very impressed with the service we received from the bar staff and waiters, we saw numerous people being very rude to the staff not bothering to say please or thank you, what happened to treating other people how you would like to be treated, everyone is a human being!!! The bar staff and waiting staff were both very polite and helpful and most would have lots of banter with you, as well which was brilliant, my boyfriend was having conversations and joking about the football with them. The only staff I wasn't particularly impressed with was the reception staff, we didn't experience it as we didn't have to deal with them but I observed them being particular rude to guests, in particular the English but I think this may have been due to the fact that they didn't seem to speak or understand much English. The food we both really enjoyed the fresh omelets for breakfast were lovely, I didn't have much for lunch as I preferred the snack at designated times but my boyfriend tended to have lots of salad for lunch and he said it was really nice. The evening meal was the best by far of the day, there was lots of fresh food that was cooked in front of you, from pasta to different types of meat every night on the BBQ, I would personally recommend the little pastry bites with what I thought to be some cheese and chives in them, they were absolutely lovely. The snacks were nice during the day, the same everyday but I didn't see a problem with this at all!! The main pool area was lovely, very clean, the bar staff were constantly coming round to pick up empty glasses and ensure everywhere was clean which was the brilliant, the only thing with the pool was that you had to get up really early to reserve the sunbeds, but with us going in school holidays and the hotel being fully booked we presumed this would be the case. The pool with the slides was brilliant as well, this tended to be where all the families would spend the day but it wasn't overcrowded, the pool was slightly colder than the main pool but was still very nice especially when it was so hot!! The entertainment staff were brilliant, they were all very energetic and polite making the effort to talk to all the guests and putting on different activities throughout the day and evening, they all worked exceptionally hard. My boyfriend also had a Turkish bath, massage and facial as there was an offer available, he said it was amazing and that he would definitely recommend it. He also said the spa was lovely and very clean, except for the changing rooms and showers as we found out on our last day, as we had a late night flight we checked out of our room and used the spa to change and shower before our flight, it wasn't very clean and it constantly smelt of the drains, the floor was very slippery because it was very wet, it just didn't look as if this particular bit was looked after much. The best bit we thought of the whole holiday and resort was the beach, the beach was very picturesque and we really enjoyed a walk along the beach which was a brilliant experience.
Overall we had a brilliant, we loved everything about the resort especially the staff who were amazing. As a couple we said we wouldn't return but this is just because we want to explore a few different places but when we have children we said we would definitely return as we know what we would be getting.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

im afraid that this hotel is quite tired and in need of a facelift ,saying that the pool area was immaculate ,the rooms spot on ,the service was spot on ,and overall we had a reasonable time . our thoughts about the food were the same 2 adults 2 older kids and we all thought it became very SAMIE after 3 days ,not bad but boring.The beach is fine 6 out of 10 at best but again a little effort would make a huge difference ie rake the beach ,new sunbeds and tidy the bar area up .our rep and staff told us that the hotel had been bought out by next door which is a 5* place and i can see with a modest investment how this could be a great place in a short space of time but would we return next year the honest answer is no ,would we recommend it as it is now no ,Also the location is out of the way and your surroundings do become a little familier but a bus or taxi is easy to get and fethiye is about 40 minutes away 85lira return in a taxi about £30 is recommended . An afterthought is the music around the pool from 10 am is not the most relaxing thing when you have to get up at 6 to reserve your sunbed .

Room Tip: we had room 1045 lovely
East lothian
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Very unhappy with hotel, this complex should be rated as two / three star. Most tourists on arrival are chucked into any room for their first nights stay and advised that they will move rooms the next day, not ideal. Sun loungers have to be booked by 0700hours at the latest each day, other wise you will not get one as there are not enough for the volume of guests accommodated at the hotel..
The food choice is very limited and repetitive and the restaurant is not big enough to cater for the number of rooms, it reminded me of a cattle market, lots of Russian guests who quickly empty the food displays and have not mastered the art of queueing or manners. The animation team appear to rule the roost at the hotel, non stop noise at full volume day and night with no escape. If you want a peaceful location this is not for you. Management supervision of the staff is not evident and this was apparent during our stay when animation team members were intoxicated and a full scale punch up ensued at the beach disco during our stay, this involved about a dozen staff members and guests were not taking part. It was a particularly brutal assault to observe. The decor is dated and shabby and staff / management are just not interested in providing good customer service or attempting to resolve problems. Would most definitely not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first before you agree to staying in it. We stayed in the third one that we view...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Daventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was our third time at the hotel and yet again we have had the most wonderful time.I carnt understand what more people need out of a holiday.
Rooms - yes are basic but what more do you need than a bed to sleep,a toilet shower and sink and a wardrobe,rooms have always been very spacious and clean all three times we have been.
Food - if you carnt manage to find something you like to eat then something is wrong,the choice is huge,freshly cooked meat every day with pastas,salads,rices and a curry or casserole dish every night.the only down side about meal times is being exposed to the rood people from all nationalities including the british at times,the staff work so very hard so do not deserve to be exposed to some of the treatment they receive,please and thank you goes a long way and yet doesnt cost anything.
Entertainment - Ozzy does so well organising the entertainment,tiring to cover all nationalities scenes of humour must be very hard,he trys so very hard to get it right.For the day entertainment the animation team are great,if you want to join in you can if not there is no pressure to do so.

The Staff - ARE AMAZING friendly,helpful and so polite,the only bad comment i can make is that there was no RAMOS at the bar this time,i dont think management realise how valuable an asset to hotel he was,sadly very missed by us,having said that fatih,osman and samile are fab.
All in all we go on holiday to have a good time and that we did,so sad to listen to people moaning about things that could so easily just be got over,all i can think is they must lead very sad lives,get over it and get on with it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Majesty Club Lykia Botanika? Share your experiences!