“Peace, Perfect Peace... Paradise!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ece Boutique Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fethiye
Ece Boutique Hotel
1. Sokak No : 57 | Şövalye Adası - Sovalye Island, Fethiye, Turkey   |
Ranked #15 of 101 hotels in Fethiye
Herts
“Peace, Perfect Peace... Paradise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

Not wanting to write a review before wanting to keep my Island secret... I felt if too many people knew about Sovalye it would be spoilt.... We have been travelling to Ece for many years. Often spending a month on the Island.

Our first visit was a two-centre break and we only had a week at this delightful hotel… We felt it wasn’t long enough…. So the following year we booked again for three weeks… then returned in late September for a month.

At this time the apartments were self-catering but you could always ask for an evening meal to be cooked for you… nothing was ever too much trouble for Handan and her staff. We have always found them to be extremely helpful, friendly and accommodating…

We used the water taxi most days as we enjoy walking…There are lots of interesting walks from Fethiye taking best part of the day. We usually caught the first early boat and returned on the 6.30pm shuttle… exhausted but pleased to be back on our Island.

The Island is pedestrianised and takes 40 minutes or so to walk around. It is quiet even though there is many other homes built on it. You hardly ever-meet large crowds, and everyone seems to respect each other’s space. On Sovalye you have the best of all worlds… quiet relaxing days when you want to chill out, and yet you have the main land only 20mins away for much more activity. You can use the canoes, which are always a challenge, and if used to sailing on the sea, lasers are available on signing a disclaimer. Sovalye can be seen from the main land but it doesn’t look like an Island until you approach it. A well kept secret.

Ece Boutique Hotel on Sovalye is situated in a pretty location and has pleasant views across the bay towards Fethiye and out to Red Island. When Fethiye gets too hot the Island offers a wonderful retreat always being cooler with refreshing winds.

In 2005 Handan & Erdogan decided for all sorts of reasons to change the apartments to a Boutique Hotel… It was a real adventure for them with many difficulties to overcome. When we visited May 2006 we were so pleased for them… as their dreams seemed to be coming a reality. They started the season extremely tired after all the construction work and as always eager to please…. There were, as always with all building work some things that could only be fixed after the start date. Not to mention ill health and staffing problems… (I know this shouldn’t be the guests problem, but Handan & staff always listen to guests and do everything in their power to make them happy.

Efe is a wonderful dog and family pet… He isn’t allowed just to roam freely…. The hosts are aware that not all guests like dogs…. and always ask before letting him out. At meal times he is never allowed around the guests. Erdogan usually takes Efe for a walk most evenings after he has returned from hospital or even late at night.

The litter mentioned mostly washes over from the mainland…. And tourists are as much to blame for not taking their litter home and disposing of it properly. The Islanders and many of us love their Island the way it is and they also have to adhere to local government rules… so it is not a pretty Island but a wonderful haven with views to die for.

The new apartments are wonderful… simply decorated with local furnishings and much more spacious than when it was self-catering. Having stayed in other accommodation in Fethiye, Ece certainly is 5star….

Prices may be on the high side compared to the mainland but no one insists you eat on the Island… and as before Handan will do anything to accommodate any reasonable request. (Diets always catered for if known). As there are no shops on the Island one has to realise that the transport of fresh food daily does add to the price… and again all we are asked to do is say what we would like by 14.00 so that the staff can fetch and carry in time for the evening meal.

This year we were at Ece again in May/June and certainly enjoyed our short time there…. It is still a wonderful retreat… especially for those who want to get away from the crowds and the noise. Our only sadness is that we have to wait until next year before we can enjoy Ece and all it has to offer.

• Liked — The acomodation, boat trip and peaceful location.
  • Disliked — The slope to get to apartments...but it was part of the experience.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
northampton uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2006

We have always wanted to keep this place a secret from others as it is our piece of paradise which we have been visiting (sometimes for several weeks a year) for the last 10 years but as there are now several reviews we feel its time to tell all.
We have totally fallen in love with the island and the friendly people who live there.The setting of Ece is amazing,The views are to die for and the sunsets incredible.We went this year not knowing what it would be like as in the past it was apartments and this year after much hard work it has been extended into a hotel.It has been very tastefully done,the rooms are very large and the furnishings are excellent.The staff cannot do enough for you and at the end of your stay they are more like friends.This is all down to Handan and erdogan the owners who work hard along side them.We found the food to be very good and if like my husband you are a "meat and potatoes" person you have only got to say what you want for dinner and they will cook it.I tucked in with relish every night to beautiful Turkish cuisine and paid the price by having to join a slimming club on my return to Uk as it was so delicious I ate far too much.We found the price of the food and drinks to be very fair considering how much effort goes into transporting everything up the hill to the hotel.Its like everywhere the world over "you get what you pay for"and yes we have eaten in Fethiye cheaper but in our opinion Ece wins hands down.
Its a place to wind down and do nothing if you have a busy life,read ,swim.and laze in the sun.The island always has a breeze so its never unbearably hot.We have made friends with many other guests who like us have been several times.
I am sure once you have been here you will return>>>>>>>>>>

• Liked — large rooms beautifully furnished
  • Disliked — ther was nothing to fault
  • Tips/Secrets — top rooms in both buildings are good for privacy when sunbathing
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2006

I have been prompted to write a review of this hotel after reading other reviews.
My holiday was in the hottest period for Fethiye but I specifically booked this hotel after researching the area.
I am happy to say that it surpassed my expectations in every way. The views were stunning and the peace and tranquility I craved were instantly apparent. There was a breeze to cool the hottest part of the day and a pool to cool off in if I didn't choose to go in the sea.
There was a choice of different areas to sit in so I could sit wherever suited my mood at the time.
The staff and owners were quite astute in their attitude towards the guests and nothing was too much trouble for them.
The food was well presented and well enjoyed after a hard day relaxing.
I explored all over the island which I found to be a delightful place and so many friendly local people.
The restaurant prices were just as I would expect for the priviledge of dining on this island in such superb surroundings.
My room was spacious, tastefully decorated and uncluttered, I find nothing more annoying than a room overloaded with furniture and unnecessary paraphenalia.
I hope the owners keep up the good work and preserve this beautiful hotel and island just as it is, well done.

• Liked — surroundings and staff attention
  • Disliked — walking up the hill
  • Tips/Secrets — relax and go with the flow
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Leigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2006

We had a holiday at Ece for the first time and realised many of the visitors have been there before. My title above explains why. Spacious, clean, well (minimalist style) decorated rooms with fabulous sea views from every corner . Beautiful garden, good food, good service. Crystal clear water over ancient ruins, untouched history everywhere.
Not suitable for a standart holiday maker. No night life, only one other restaurant on the island, but you can hear the crowd away from Fethiye. You can go across easily by boat if you need to. Water taxi is always available.
I wanted to put this review as I found some reviews so out of Ece.
We will be back.

• Liked — Location, hospitality,sailing
  • Disliked — Steps
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not tell it to many people, keep it secret
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ece Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!