“My favourite hotel in hisaronu” 5 of 5 stars

You added Carmina Hotel to your Saves list
Carmina Hotel
Hisaronu Kayakoy Yolu Oludeniz, Fethiye, Turkey   |
Ranked #36 of 88 Fethiye B&B and Inns
“My favourite hotel in hisaronu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Me and my family arrived at the carmina on 5/10/13 and left on 15/10/13 to be met by my friend ferhat the manager of the hotel we were shown to our room as usual clean and well presented staff as always willing to help amenities fine this is my second visit to the hotel and I will be returning year after year I can't believe the bad reviews some people leave if you want the ritz you pay for the ritz the prices are more than fair and the service is first class nothing is to many thanks to the staff for a wonderful holiday see you again next year love and best wishes the smart family

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in first of October with my girlfriend for 1 week and we loved to hotel...Carmina is in a nice location, 2 minutes away from main street by walk, closed to all clubs restaurants.rooms is clean and staff is very helpfull...we will be back next year in july.we recoment to this hotel to every one....

Room Tip: especially rooms near reception
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We (3 adults) have stayed there for the first week of Oct13. Our main reason to book Carmina was the cheap price though we read some very bad reviews but still decided to take a chance. For us experience has been average.
Property: old & in desparate need of repair
Room: we stayed in 1 bed apartment - clean but smelling damp. We could actually see mould at the corners of the floor. room had balcony but too small to stand let alone sitting.
Staff: very friendly
Food: we ate only twice at carmina and found there food nice and reasonably priced
ideal location
Charges: They charged us £20 for air cond + safe for a week and £10 for late check out as our flight was in the evening

I don't think I will go back to Carmina again and will not recommend this to families with children

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dover kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in June and stayed again in October. Great hotel with great staff. Rooms very clean and staff friendly and do there best to make sure guest are happy. Will be returning again next year.

• Stayed October 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Ended up being booked into the carmina after original accommodation overbooked. Even though the hotel rates are very cheap, I would have willingly paid extra to stay in more decent accommodation. Travel republic had this accommodation listed as a 3 star - it definitely is not! I have many times stayed in older/dated accommodation but they have always been to a decent standard. Stayed in 1 bedded apartment for 15 nights. Arrived in middle of night and was shocked and upset with apartment. There is no pool/garden view from bedroom - the window is high up and looks out onto a landing. The bedroom cupboards were damp and mouldy and very dated. The bathroom wasn't too bad. The balcony off the lounge was a Juliet balcony so you could not sit out on it. The fridge was disgraceful - rusty inside and out. The few plates that were provided were mostly chipped - there wasn't even any drinking glasses provided. The kettle was faulty - did not click off when boiled. The kitchen cupboard also smelt very damp and musty. The t.v. Cabinet was in poor disrepair and the the curtains didn't even fit - very poor impression. Next morning we complained to management who said thy could show us some other rooms the next day. We agreed as we knew they would not be reimbursing our money. Following day we were shown 3 more rooms - all exactly the same! I had to resign myself to the fact I would be spending my holiday here, my partner asked if they could at least change the fridge - which they did with one that was in slightly better condition. The corridors off the stair landings were stacked up with old furniture and the fuse boxes were all open. Area at bottom of the stairs was never cleaned and there was always a wheelbarrow and bags full of rubbish. we did try the bar a couple of times but even this is not very attractive to sit in to relax , we also ate at the carmina one evening - mistake! We were charged 30 lira for fish and chips! wouldn't have minded but the fish had been cooked in dirty or burnt oil. When speaking to other guests it became clear a lot of them book this accommodation because it is cheap. There were some that return year after year and love the place, the staff and the food! but I found it to be very poor accommodation and would not return. I must add though that the staff were friendly and the cleaners worked hard on the rooms changing beds and towels on a regular basis, doing the best they can. Also the hotel is in a fantastic location - just a stones throw from the main strip but not too noisy at night. Could be a great place if refurbished. Try Peppinos for very good food and friendly staff, also Harry's bar to chill out and meet people and Reggae bar for really nice music - these are just metres away from Carnina. Cadianda tours is a must for excursions especially the jeep safari - what an experience! Great day out and excellent value. Try the Cadianda boat trips too, the sunset cruise is lovely - food, drink and entertainment - wonderful staff on the boat. Gemiler beach is beautiful but beware of the family group who own sun beds to the right. They tell you their sun beds are free - they are not. There are 2 sisters who try to encourage you to eat at their cafes - DON'T. They do not display any prices and you get a nasty surprise when given the bill. We were charged 95 lira for 1 fish, a chicken shish, one plate of chips, salad, bread and 2 soft drinks. The food was nice but not special enough to warrant them charging double what the restaurants in the town charge! I know we should have asked the cost first but really did not expect To be charged these kind of prices at a little ramshackle beach cafe! Many people don't take much cash to the beach and I wonder what would have happened if we hadn't enough on us to pay the bill as they can become quite intimidating towards people. If you buy drinks and say just chips from them, they still want paying for use of sun beds. They are only free if you spend a large amount! On our following visits we just paid them 10 lira for 2 sun beds. The little restaurant to the left of the beach is reasonable or take your own picnic like the locals do.

• Stayed September 2013
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Where to start. We arrived late on Thursday 19th September so we were shown to our room in the dark. In the morning we reported that there was an amount of toilet paper down the toilet and that it would not flush down. (bearing in mind toilet paper should not be put down the toilets in Turkey). We went out for the day and the manager said it would be fixed. It wasn't. For two days. Then the answer was to take the paper out with the loo brush and leave it on the loo brush in its stand. The bathroom door wouldn't shut, let alone lock. Rarely any hot water for a shower. Towels and bedding grey and stiff. There was a gap of half an inch wide around the door to the balcony so no keeping the mosquitos out. The furniture was falling to pieces. The toilet seat was hanging off and was never fixed. The staff tried to rip us off by charging twice for drinks, telling my husband I hadn't paid when I had. On two occasions. We went into Olu Deniz and booked another hotel for four days as I just wasn't happy. That was lovely. But we had to come back! There was a big storm on the Tuesday night which took out the power. This hotel had no generator. We were given a birthday cake candle to take to our room (in which the smoke detectors had been removed!). My husband went to the toilet, only to find we also had no water either! The toilets do not function without power to the mascerator! The manager thought this was quite funny and explained we were in a primitive area and not Istanbul!! We have been to this area twice a year for ten years and have stayed in more than 20 hotels, all of which have been 3 or 3+ star budget hotels. NEVER have we experienced anything like this. Please, if you have booked this hotel change it while you have the chance. Cleaner was lovely by the way, but had a very much uphill battle.

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
bolton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times I enjoy the facilities and the staff are fantastic ....its clean and tidy and positioned very close to all amenities ...I will be back in early season next year and again at this time next year ..... amanda

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Carmina Hotel? Share your experiences!