“Perfect stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jiva Beach Resort

You added Jiva Beach Resort to your Saves list
Jiva Beach Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Karagedik Mah. 1104, Sok. No: 14, Calis, Fethiye 48300, Turkey   |
Ranked #4 of 101 Hotels in Fethiye
Warsaw, Poland
“Perfect stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just came back from 2 weeks holidays. The hotel is great as it's not that huge as most of the family ones, that makes the stay cameral. I liked the design and decorations what gave a bit of a boutique hotel impression.
We had a sea view family room which was really spacious and close to the stony beach.
The staff was great, helpful, smiling and devoted to their job.
The food was varied and great and for real starvelings it was even possible to eat few times a day.
Every evening the hotel organizes mini disco for kids and the entertainment for all.
I believe that everybody may find something for himself.
In the end I will recommend the hotel, keep it that way!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JIVABEACHRESORT, Guest Relations Manager at Jiva Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hello,

We are so happy that you had a good time, we hope to see you again next year.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Let me preface this review by saying that the price I paid through Expedia was in excess of $900 per night. My review is therefore in the context of my experience and expectations of a property at this price. Should I have paid between $200 - $300 my review would be that this is a nice, basic family hotel.

Tripadvisor/Expedia has made a strategic decision to no longer provide an average price per night against properties across the whole year - you now have to price your stay for your specific dates, which means you don't have a benchmark price to anchor tripadvisor reviews against. If you have been quoted an expensive rate for this hotel, please consider the following: This is a $200/$300 max per night hotel - if you pay more than this, your expectations will be grossly misaligned, as were mine.

Why this hotel did not meet my expectations of a $900 hotel:

- Small but tastefully decorated room which overlooks a CARPARK. If you stood in the corner of the balcony and turned, you could see a glimpse of sea but no view except for car park visible when in the room. I asked immediately to cancel my booking, thinking there had been some kind of pricing error, however was informed by the manager that I would forfeit the money I had paid if I did. I was then moved to the exact same room with a view overlooking the pool and lagoon area (good for watching people doing group callisthenics on the lawn if that's your bag) .
- Room smelt like smoke
- One key so you can't charge phones/ipads whilst you are out of room. Air conditioning turns off in the middle of the night and becomes hot and stuffy.
- Room smelt like cigarette smoke.
- Beds did not have a cover sheet, only a bottom fitted sheet and a single scratchy blanket. Single pillow for each bed. No extra pillows or blankets in cupboard
- Grubby and tattered plastic lounges on the beach area
- No waiter service for beach and pool area
- Not enough lounges in pool area - we had to drag some chairs from the bar to sit around the pool
- Cocktails and wine were served at room temperature 50% of the time
- Small pool which is teaming with screaming children (no quiet area for adults)
- At 3pm, group activities commence around the pool area which means music is blasted so loudly you need to cover your ears or retreat to beach or room to escape it
- Single, high volume buffet restaurant, chairs and table runners with stains etc, people queuing for food (think Sizzler)
- Cordial instead of juice served at breakfast and instant coffee. If you want a real coffee, you can't order from a waiter - you have to walk 50 metres to the pool bar, order and pay for it yourself (juice, coffee and cocktails are not included in the $900 price tag)
- No bathrobes, moisturiser, face washers or hairdryer.

All in all - be very careful before paying high price tags for any property through Expedia now. I have booked all my accommodation for the past 2 years through the expedia brands and all properties have met or exceeded expectations (give or take a few minor niggles). The decision to remove average price per room means extra work when booking to investigate whether the price is going to be a reasonable indication of the quality of the property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear,

I looked into your booking and you paid to the hotel 1,765.22; the rest of the money was commission to the agency. We will look into this further.

About all the complaints that you stated in your review:
- By check in you got a room close to the reception on the street side, you came to reception and asked for a room change to the poolside that is what we did. If you still were not happy we could talk again an try to find a solution.
- We can't prohibit smoking on the balcony or terraces and if the wind is in a bad direction smoke can enter rooms when the balcony door is open. However when we see that people smoke inside of the hotel we do ask them to go outside and warn them that this is by law prohibited.
- Thank you for telling us about the sockets in the room we will take that in consideration for next year. The reception is of course happy to help and will charge any devise for you.
- In the room there are no extra blankets or pillows in the cupboards but when you call or pass the reception and ask for this the house keeping will bring it to your room.
- Drinks temperature is a difficult matter, we serve however all the drinks cold or room temperature. If something is not to your liking you could always ask to change it.
- Jiva Beach Resort is a smaller family hotel of 143 rooms so we do have children who play at the pool, it is more quiet at the beach because the children like the pool better.
- The music at the pool bar was indeed too loud and we will do something about this.
We already talked to the management and the person in charge of the music.

We do thank you for your review and comments and do hope we will meet again.
Fleur, Guest Relations
milton keynes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Just returned from a fab holiday Had a room with private pool and would strongly recommend you do the same The other rooms are off the same quality, just no pool.
Food at the hotel was great and varied however it could have been served a bit warmer.
Staff at the hotel friendly and very attentive
There was a private stony beach just over a road by the hotel . Calis area seems to get a sea breeze in the afternoon. and was much needed in the 36c heat.!!!!
I would recommend you use the local buses. Cheap and regular from the hotel to Calis/Fethiye You can also use a water taxi to get to Fethiye from the centre of Calis
A must visit is the Fish market in Fethiye Choose andf buy your fish and visit one of the local resturants who will cook it , Great atmosphere . Would definitely recommend this hotel Well done to all at the Jiva Beach

Room Tip: Choose a room closer to the beach with own pool. 134-146
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear,

We are all happy that you enjoyed your stay and I do hope that we will see you again next year.

Kind Regards,
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel was a big disappointment- they classed it as five star but it wasn’t. It was more of a 3 star resort. Hakan was the most helpful out of all the other staff; he was extremely accommodating. Unlike the other night staff- who refused everything we asked for.
The pools were tiny and filled with kid’s majority of the time. The food was ok- not the best I’ve tasted; we had to be very particular in what we had. The spa/gym was terrible; it was dark and smelt damp. We didn’t dare to visit the spa/gym again. Overall I was give this hotel a 3 star and not a 5 star.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear,

I am sorry that you were disappointed.
We are a smaller family hotel and at the moment we do have children playing in and around the pool.
We will take everything you say in consideration and do what we can to better our self.

Thank you for your comment and I wish you a very nice day,
Maybe to a next time,
La Prairie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This resort is located next to the beach, has great public areas and the service is .... GREAT! The beach is rocky but as soon as you are in the water you are walking on sand. The water is hot, so kids can't complain :-) and the wind is always present, so you do not feel the hot weather and you have nice little wave to play in the water.
We have a room on the first level by the pool, what a great idea we had. No regrets! You can enjoy the pool at any hour of the day. There is also a pool where kids can play and sliddes that end up in another pool. Sliddes are not open all day but it is perfect like that. There is only one restaurant and its a buffet style, always good and different from lunch to dinner and from one day to another.

Complain? Just one, the curtains in the rooms are not dark enough so you might wake up a little early in the morning, but it gives you a chance to take a nap under the umbrella by the pool in the afternoon :-)). Don't hesitate GO!

Room Tip: If you like to swim, take one of the room by the private pools. Rooms located on the river side may...
Hi there,

We are happy that you had a good time here and you must come and visit us again one day..
About the curtains we are looking for a solution for this season and next year the rooms will be dark :)

Have a nice day,
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with a friend in May it is absolutely fantastic worth all of its 5* Food was the best I have ever had in Turkey and some thing for everyone..I must admit they did have fried eggs on spinach for breakfast which is a bit strange to us but they have to cater for every one and the chef cooked fresh eggs as well. Salad bar is huge and plenty of choice. Have seen other reviews on the food and can't believe what they are saying if you want english breakfast and bangers and mash go to Benidorm. Waiters were great and remembered what drinks you had and were on the table as soon as you sat down. Bar service was good and good selection of drinks all the wine on site was very good.Entertainment team tried very hard but sometimes sport didn't happen because nobody wanted to play not there fault.This part of Turkey is very beautifull and plent to ocuppy your time.Turkish bath and massage by Sonny fantastic Can't fault any of the staff all very helpfull and good english is spoken by most of them.Hotel may be to quiet for some but location is great and we chose this hotel because it was new and quiet with not too many roomsI am disabled and manage my wheelchair by my feet as i cant use my hands (gives some a great laugh especially going downhill) but i managed ok on my own and even managed going into town so if i can do it so can you but if you don't fancy the walk buses leave from outside hotel by the beach every 10 mins,.Pool is good size and plenty of sunbeds and no germans leaving there towels while we were there.I look forward to staying here again next year .

Room Tip: Rooms with the outside pool I would say are better as you have your own sunbed outside and it is wor...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for all the compliments and we do hope to say you next year again.

london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a newly built hotel and it shows, rooms not quite finished but a very clean. However that said tiles are missing from swimming pool which gave my son a nasty scratch on his arm. The location is great, the beach is just across the road and plenty of sun beds to be had. The area around the beach bar was very well laid out. However the bar staff are very slow. It was advertised as it had three restaurants but it hasn't, it's got just one and the less said about the food probably the better. If you like spinach then your in luck. Nearly everything had spinach with it. There was also plenty of salad food but not really a lot of choice otherwise it was generally the same. I admit I am very fussy with food but usually my husband can always find things to eat but not this time. The restaurant staff were amazing. They never left your glasses empty. As soon as you found your table they filled glasses with water, then before you got back to table your drinks would be on the table. Shame the entertainment team never learnt from them. They advertise water polo every day but its never on. The water slides open one hours in the morning and one houris the afternoon. They play darts every afternoon and volleyball. They had aerobics once or twice in the afternoon as well. However they had their hanger ons and ignored the rest. I had a problem with my return transport to the airport and went to the reception desk for their help, they kept telling me they would let me know later, later. The day before our return to the uk I point out that I couldn't wait any longer and he started slapping things down banging the phone around, moaning and groaning then he said he didn't have the correct number. When I pointed out the number he eventually called and resolved the problem. It took him about 45 minutes when it should only have been a 5 minute job.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
JIVABEACHRESORT, Guest Relations Manager at Jiva Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for choosing Jiva Beach Resort for your holiday, we are sorry for the trouble you had during your stay with us.

We try to have as much variation as possible, our kitchen cooks a lot of vegetable meals with everyday a different kind of meat (chicken, lam, beef, etc..) we have a few days that the kitchen prepares fish (always grilled and sometimes a fish prepared on a different way extra).
Of course we do not have a very big buffet like in the most big hotels, but we try to have as much variation as possible. For us it is the quality that counts not the quantity.

The animation team tries to do all the activities they announce but if there are not enough people that want to do this activity, it will be cancelled. I am sorry that this happened during your stay.

At the reception they try to help you as best as they can though every agency you book with has also different agency's they work with on location. It is not always one organisation. We have a lot of agency's in the hotel and we can not keep track of all the pick up times. When an agency sends to the reception the pick up times trough fax or e-mail we will always send this up to the room. I am sorry it took a long time to find out what time your pick up time was, the agency should have send the pick up times a day before and the reception tried to find out as quick as possible.

We thank you for your review and we hope to see you back one day.

Fleur

Been to Jiva Beach Resort? Share your experiences!